• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
Feb 22, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi everyone! I recently posted for help on my surgery preliminary programs and received some great feedback. Now I hope to get some feedback on my rank list for integrated IR and how I should sprinkle in (or not) DR programs. I am open to living anywhere, so I only care about training at the best possible institution! :D

This is my current ranked list. Would you rearrange anything?

UCSF - IR
Stanford - IR
UCLA - IR
UCSF - DR
Stanford - DR
Cornell - IR
UCLA - DR
Johns Hopkins - IR
NYU IR
Duke - IR
Northwestern - IR
Wash U - IR
Yale - IR
Columbia - IR
The University of Washington - DR
BIDMC - IR
UVA - IR
Emory - IR
UTSW - IR
Icahn - IR
Cleveland Clinic - IR
USC - IR
U. Chicago - IR
Vanderbilt - IR
NYU - DR
Duke - DR
Johns Hopkins - DR
Emory - DR
Columbia - DR
Northwestern - DR
Mayo - DR
Yale - DR

Thank you all for your help! I appreciate every second of your time.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 22, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
step1 and step2 are competitive for these specialties (250+). I come from a T10 medical school. Even split of honors and high passes. Multiple publications with more on the way. Board member on SIR. I’ve been told by interviewers I have very strong letters of recommendations. Anything else I should add?

About the Ads

Mnowledge

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
No MGH, BWH eh? (jk)

Congrats on your stellar app and solid list! I am sure you will absolutely crush it wherever you go.

Dec 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Curious about the order which you arrange the NYC IR programs. I would discuss more with your mentors. Feel free to Pm me if you are curious.

Sep 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Curious about the order which you arrange the NYC IR programs. I would discuss more with your mentors. Feel free to Pm me if you are curious.
Probably felt like Cornell was more resident friendly (housing, stipends, fun atmosphere, etc), NYU was in the middle, and Sinai would be overworking him/her.

Sep 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I liked all three! But I do feel Cornell does more to support residents along the way.

would you swap the order of any of these programs?
I did not apply to IR so we probably have different interests. Your list looks great, but you should know that Stanford/Palo Alto is the definition of a suburb (I see your other top choices are cities)

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.