Ranking Integrated IR and DR programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

David>Goliath1

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently posted for help on my surgery preliminary programs and received some great feedback. Now I hope to get some feedback on my rank list for integrated IR and how I should sprinkle in (or not) DR programs. I am open to living anywhere, so I only care about training at the best possible institution! :D

This is my current ranked list. Would you rearrange anything?

UCSF - IR
Stanford - IR
UCLA - IR
UCSF - DR
Stanford - DR
Cornell - IR
UCLA - DR
Johns Hopkins - IR
NYU IR
Duke - IR
Northwestern - IR
Wash U - IR
Yale - IR
Columbia - IR
The University of Washington - DR
BIDMC - IR
UVA - IR
Emory - IR
UTSW - IR
Icahn - IR
Cleveland Clinic - IR
USC - IR
U. Chicago - IR
Vanderbilt - IR
NYU - DR
Duke - DR
Johns Hopkins - DR
Emory - DR
Columbia - DR
Northwestern - DR
Mayo - DR
Yale - DR

Thank you all for your help! I appreciate every second of your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
step1 and step2 are competitive for these specialties (250+). I come from a T10 medical school. Even split of honors and high passes. Multiple publications with more on the way. Board member on SIR. I’ve been told by interviewers I have very strong letters of recommendations. Anything else I should add?

Members don't see this ad :)
No MGH, BWH eh? (jk)

Congrats on your stellar app and solid list! I am sure you will absolutely crush it wherever you go.

Curious about the order which you arrange the NYC IR programs. I would discuss more with your mentors. Feel free to Pm me if you are curious.

Curious about the order which you arrange the NYC IR programs. I would discuss more with your mentors. Feel free to Pm me if you are curious.
Probably felt like Cornell was more resident friendly (housing, stipends, fun atmosphere, etc), NYU was in the middle, and Sinai would be overworking him/her.

Probably felt like Cornell was more resident friendly (housing, stipends, fun atmosphere, etc), NYU was in the middle, and Sinai would be overworking him/her.
I liked all three! But I do feel Cornell does more to support residents along the way.
just certify your list dude/dudette.
would you swap the order of any of these programs?

I liked all three! But I do feel Cornell does more to support residents along the way.

would you swap the order of any of these programs?
I did not apply to IR so we probably have different interests. Your list looks great, but you should know that Stanford/Palo Alto is the definition of a suburb (I see your other top choices are cities)