Ranking Podiatry Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please vote for your top 3 podiatry schools (ONLY 3)

• Arizona

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Barry

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • California

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • DMU

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • New York

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Kent State

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Scholl

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Temple

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Western U

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agnotsel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread so everyone can rank the 9 podiatry schools. I am not asking that anyone explain why they are choosing the rankings they are, I will just assume that everything is taken into account when doing so.

Since all schools are fairly similar in cost, and since I don't feel location is a big issue when deciding on a school, I will assume most everyone will be ranking based upon quality of education, residency placement, etc. If you would like to leave a comment please feel free.

I am interested to see what we will end up with!

Thanks to all who participate!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly its hard to say, each one seems to have its own perks and residency placements are in the high 90's when relating to percentage. Everyone has their own personal preference so the best thing to do is to go to the school and see for yourself. For example, although I thought NYCPM had an awesome program, I liked the easy access and recent renovation of KSUCPMs anatomy lab. Both schools are great and have 100% placement but those subtle differences can help me decide.

Location isn't important?!? Barry univerisity is the best because of the beaches in Miami. Everyone knows this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Location isn't important?!? Barry univerisity is the best because of the beaches in Miami. Everyone knows this.

thus sayeth the person going to DMU...or what is Scholl? :D

in any case, we all know that each school has different strengths and weaknesses and that each student ranks these categories differently in terms of priority.

That being said, it would appear that Temple and NYCPM focus heavily on surgery. Scholl has a strong biomechanics aspect and has FUNDED research options. Scholl and KSUCPM have PhD options. Scholl offers 5 externships in 4th yr and 4 in 3rd year. NYCPM offers 4 externships in 4th year with an honours 5th possible externship. But this is information is based on my own interview experience plus what I've read on the school's website-by no means a comprehensive overview of what each school offers.

Last edited:

And Harlem is a sweet place too! Actually, I'm not kidding, compared to living in North Philly it seemed liked heaven

Since all schools are fairly similar in cost, and since I don't feel location is a big issue when deciding on a school, I will assume most everyone will be ranking based upon quality of education, residency placement, etc. If you would like to leave a comment please feel free.

:laugh:

Kent state #23 BCS rankings. Clearly they are the best podiatry school.

Reactions: 1 user
um..that's why you don't live in North Philly

I read that as bi*ches, but still makes perfect sense lol :rolleyes:

Okay, enough for inappropriate stuff. But honestly there are more DMU people on this forum, and some schools are not well represented here.

I picked my school because of location, 20 minute commute from home.

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple's podiatry school is not in North Philly, where the main campus is. The podiatry school is located in center city about two blocks away from the independence hall and constitution center. From there you could get away with living in old city and rittenhouse areas which are nice but expensive, but then again anything in the city would be expensive

Temple's podiatry school is not in North Philly, where the main campus is. The podiatry school is located in center city about two blocks away from the independence hall and constitution center. From there you could get away with living in old city and rittenhouse areas which are nice but expensive, but then again anything in the city would be expensive

Yeah I know, its in a nice area. Living in around Temple's main campus just put a bad taste in my mouth for the whole city in general. North Philly is dirt cheap but then again you pay for it with cops arresting people outside your house and gun shots being heard on occasion. I've had too many bad experiences there and I'm just ready to leave and start fresh.

Yeah I know, its in a nice area. Living in around Temple's main campus just put a bad taste in my mouth for the whole city in general. North Philly is dirt cheap but then again you pay for it with cops arresting people outside your house and gun shots being heard on occasion. I've had too many bad experiences there and I'm just ready to leave and start fresh.

Same here. My wife and I live off city ave and we can't wait to return home to Ohio for school. Loved Philly but its Tim to go home! Lol

Michigan 21 Ohio State 26

Say what?

Haha, yes I am bitter about that.... :(

but...

that perfect season means nothing, you lot of cheaters! The schedule was pretty damn easy; toughest opponent, Wisconsin? Nebraska? Penn State? Yeah right....the B1G was a joke this year. I have nothing to say though...Michigan was so annoying this year. Could have been so much better, so glad Denard is leaving.

You must be a Michigan guy? If it makes you feel better I'm more of a Notre Dame fan then OSU.... Oh wait? lol

Now ND's season on the other hand was the real deal. I see the Tide beating them in the championship game though.

IDK the Irish have a way of beating everyone they play, good and bad, by 3

Now ND's season on the other hand was the real deal. I see the Tide beating them in the championship game though.

I would love them to win but just getting to the championship game is a huge accomplishment on its own, especially after the past 15+ years of mediocrity.

With that said, Bring on the Tide!!!!

If OU could ever play good consistently, they woulda smashed ND... Bitter haha

Not to necro an old thread or anything, BUUUUTTTTTT it's pretty obvious there is a CLEAR winner here.... :zip::zip::banana::banana:

Bama's gona win tonight!

:mad:

Haha in all seriousness I'm happy ND is winning again! Win or lose I'm hoping for a close game tonight. Now if it's a Bama blow out, I left myself open to plenty of ridicule from my friends!

All I want to say to this thread is:

-Ohio had an easy schedule and they have an even easier one next season; hence this "undefeated" thing...relax, you're not a big deal. In addition, there are many more players who were involved in cheating that were not caught because the NCAA did not investigate any further after Maurice Clarett starting dishing out that dirt (lucky you). So once the team is actually rebuilt, we can really watch Ohio crumble as they will no longer be able to cheat to win. I think it's funny when Ohio fans walk around and talk big...you guys were only good because you were handing out unfair incentives. I'd rather lose with integrity than win by cheating. Sadly, the students have the exact same mindset as the players who cheated (hence, the inability to accept punishment which was seen by the petition signed to pardon Ohio from NCAA sanctions). **Also, nice basketball game against Illinois :laugh:!

-ND, congrats! After losing last minute for years in a row, you finally did it! I actually commend you on that win as well as an undefeated season. But I'm sorry, Alabama is most likely to win. Order will be restored and next season, things will go back to the way they were.

-Don't be happy that Denard is leaving. He has actually led the team to win many games (literally). Without him, we wouldn't have been able to win anything. You should be sad and thankful. And sorry but this season, Borges played a large role in many of our losses--poor play calling was a big problem against Ohio and Nebraska. We definitely had the talent to beat both of those teams, had Borges done a better job. Our players played their hearts out for the most part this season.

That being said, GO BLUE!

-Ohio had an easy schedule and they have an even easier one next season; hence this "undefeated" thing...relax, you're not a big deal. In addition, there are many more players who were involved in cheating that were not caught because the NCAA did not investigate any further after Maurice Clarett starting dishing out that dirt (lucky you). So once the team is actually rebuilt, we can really watch Ohio crumble as they will no longer be able to cheat to win. I think it's funny when Ohio fans walk around and talk big...you guys were only good because you were handing out unfair incentives. I'd rather lose with integrity than win by cheating. Sadly, the students have the exact same mindset as the players who cheated (hence, the inability to accept punishment which was seen by the petition signed to pardon Ohio from NCAA sanctions). **Also, nice basketball game against Illinois :laugh:!

-ND, congrats! After losing last minute for years in a row, you finally did it! I actually commend you on that win as well as an undefeated season. But I'm sorry, Alabama is most likely to win. Order will be restored and next season, things will go back to the way they were.

-Don't be happy that Denard is leaving. He has actually led the team to win many games (literally). Without him, we wouldn't have been able to win anything. You should be sad and thankful. And sorry but this season, Borges played a large role in many of our losses--poor play calling was a big problem against Ohio and Nebraska. We definitely had the talent to beat both of those teams, had Borges done a better job. Our players played their hearts out for the most part this season.

Wow feel better lol...

All I'm going to say is I understand why Alabama is favored over ND; just like FSU was favored over OU in 2000, Miami over OSU in 02, and USC over Texas in 05. Those three teams were all defending BCS champs and were playing for a repeat title... And all three lost!

Now I'm not saying ND is going to win, but there's never been back to back BCS champs. ND has a shot! :luck:

EDIT: Reference site http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_history_bcs_championship.html

Last edited:

I agree that he helped win games, but I digress; I hate how the offense ran when he was under center. Borges play calling was awful for the most part, I mean really. When Borges finally got his mind right, and had Gardner at QB and Shoelace in the backfield, they were playing their best. Every time you saw Denard at QB you knew he was either going to run it, or make a crappy throw. I'm not saying his running wasn't effective, he's a fast dude, but that doesn't cut it for me. I'm a classic QB kind of guy; if you can't throw the ball, then get out. Option QB's are literally going to be the bane of this game and eventually they are going to have to implement the backyard football, limited QB sneaks rule, if we just get a bunch of dudes just running the wildcat. I know I'm going on a rant here, but Denard could have been more effective as a slot receiver or running-back. He's got speed for days and good instincts. His record against ranked teams also comes into play; he just doesn't have the stuff to hold it out against a good defense. Though those ND games were amazing comeback wins, they were still completely lucky, crazy deep-balls that his receivers bailed him out with. Thanks for the service man, you are a true Wolverine, but I just didn't appreciate you at the QB position.

-How are those ND fans feeling right now? In case you're busy watching this embarrassing performance, the game is currently 21-0. Let's see how this ends.......:laugh:

-Oh yeah for sure. Having Devin as QB and Denard in the backfield was actually something that could've won us more games had they realized this earlier (Borges is stupid and Hoke needs to wear a headset). Denard as QB made our offense so predictable; but like those games at ND, Denard had either a really really good play or a really really bad one. He wasn't consistent but those really good plays still kept us together; you can't complain about last season. There is no doubt about it, he isn't the most stellar QB--and he probably won't ever make it as a QB in the NFL. Denard is just very athletic. But Devin, he's really sharp and you can tell by the way he plays that he's good at making decisions on the field. He has room for improvement but he's what a real QB should be like haha. I just don't think anyone should forget what Denard has done for Michigan. I mean we were pretty horrible but he really helped hold the team together when we were crumbling. This article is great by the way:

http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/01-zach-helfand-dear-denard-1

Go Blue!

-How are those ND fans feeling right now? In case you're busy watching this embarrassing performance, the game is currently 21-0. Let's see how this ends.......:laugh:

I've been better... not going to lie I'll be crying in my room for the next couple of days so I might be hard to get a hold of

:mad:

Haha in all seriousness I'm happy ND is winning again! Win or lose I'm hoping for a close game tonight. Now if it's a Bama blow out, I left myself open to plenty of ridicule from my friends!

Let the ridicule begin... :p

It may be late but I wanted to thank everyone who participated in this thread, except for those jack's who hijacked the thread with sports mumbo jumbo. :thumbdown:

It may be late but I wanted to thank everyone who participated in this thread, except for those jack's who hijacked the thread with sports mumbo jumbo. :thumbdown:

Agreed. This is our careers we are talking about, SPORTS can wait, trust me. Anyways, my two cents to this thread is about NYCPM and Temple. Location mattered to me because I want to stay around these two areas since I live in MD.

NYCPM:
Great admission staff
Students are very involved
Awesome residency placement
Are always doing something to change the curriculum to fit it best for students

(cons)
-crapp building
-clinic seems run down
-anatomy lab seemed small
-does not carry a good reputation amongst residency programs

TUSPM
Great building, new and spacious
Amazing anatomy lab
Clinic is super high-tech and seems like you are in a legitimate place
Has a good rep amongst the "real-world" podiatrist

(cons)
Admission staff and students were not involved with one another
Residency placement was low
Dorms look crappy
Not so high tech like NYCPM, take tests on scantrons

I am confused on which school to pick. If you guys have any advice please let me know! Thanks a ton.

TUSPM
Amazing anatomy lab

What??? Did I go to the wrong place for my Temple interview?

(Or perhaps NYCPM's facilities are just really trashy?)

I've NEVER heard anyone give the three positives you just did about Temple. Temple has some hallmarks, sure, but technologically advanced facilities, labs, and building are not any of them....

Am I alone here in thinking this??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Agreed. This is our careers we are talking about, SPORTS can wait, trust me. Anyways, my two cents to this thread is about NYCPM and Temple. Location mattered to me because I want to stay around these two areas since I live in MD.

NYCPM:
Great admission staff

(cons)
-crapp building
-clinic seems run down

TUSPM
Amazing anatomy lab

(cons)
Dorms look crappy

I am confused on which school to pick. If you guys have any advice please let me know! Thanks a ton.

I personally think u r grossly misinformed. Temple has strong academics going for them but new building and amazing anatomy lab are words that must never be used to describe TUSPM. At my interview, the Dean himself even acknowledged the abysmal look and aesthetically disturbed condition of the college.

TUSPM
Amazing anatomy lab

Huh???? :confused::confused::confused:

was I Punk'd?

I think the question of this poll should be changed to "What school are you enrolled in or will be going to"

This looks like it is more indicative of the amount of students on SDN from the schools -not which school is better. Everyone always votes for their own school.

I think the question of this poll should be changed to "What school are you enrolled in or will be going to"

This looks like it is more indicative of the amount of students on SDN from the schools -not which school is better. Everyone always votes for their own school.

That was factored in. Everyone got three votes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

@ MaxillofacialMN - Thank you for contributing that. Yes, I attempted to allow 3 votes per person to take into account those individuals who may already be enrolled in school, or who may have been only accepted to one school, as to eliminate any skewing due to bias.

Please visit my other thread to vote on the 1 school you have been officially accepted to, and to which you have put down your seat deposit at so we can get an idea of which seats are filling up and/or what schools are full.

c/o 2017 only please!

Thanks again for all who have contributed!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=1005386

NYCPM:
Great admission staff

(cons)
-crapp building
-clinic seems run down

TUSPM
Amazing anatomy lab

(cons)
Dorms look crappy

I'm confused, you are a pre-pod so how do you know that NY has bad reps with residency programs? LOL like 1/;6 of all practicing pods are graduates of NY since there used to only be 5-6 schools and NY was the fist pod school.

Oh and NY had 100% residency placement this year, none of the other schools did.