Ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doc_strange2001

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct me if im wrong but I have noticed that for the most part the interview process consists of "do you have any questions for us?'..The only thing you can add to your application through the interview is your personality. Therefore I was wondering if programs bascially have thier ROL already and they just move you up or down based on personality? If ROL is not already preset, do they rank people as they interview or do they wait untill Feb. and then rank everyone at the same time? Anyone??
 
I think they use the interview to weed out all the tepid applicants, the asssholes, and the highly eccentric. If you pass that stage then they will heavily review all of your application materials and design the rank list based upon this review.

They breifly skimmed all that crap initially so they could get the interviews out. So to answer your question, no, I don't believe the rank lists are preemptively created.