RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I posted a few days ago about my eukaryotic cell bio class and that I need to pass it to go onto vet school.
Someone from the vet school sent out an email yesterday about an alternative, easy cell bio course offered through UC Berkley extension if you don't think you'll pass the course at MSU. I would have to sign up by March 15th. Thing is, I am already paying for my course at MSU and am currently passing (barely), but I don't really know how the next few exams are going to go. So, I talked to my professor after class and we agreed that I would meet with her after break to review material that I'm having issues with. I knew everything there was to know for the last exam, and still didn't do too well. She said her exams aren't on recall, and info on her exams may have never been presented in class, but we should be able to figure it out through reasoning. UGH. She then told me that if I can't pass her class, I won't pass vet school. That definitely got to me.:(
I am going to talk to my parents about the UC Berkley class and see what they think. It's $800...

Has your professor ever been to vet school?:cool:

Not saying she may not have a point, but still lol

Members don't see this ad.

She then told me that if I can't pass her class, I won't pass vet school. That definitely got to me.:(

I have heard this said so many times about "enter tough science class here". While, to an extent, if you can't pass an upper division science class, yes you will have trouble in vet school. But did your professor go to vet school? No probably not. So how can they say that you won't make it? And without any regard to the grades you have made in other science classes? No, HER class is the golden standard for passability in vet school *makes sarcastic hand gesture*

I have had teachers tell me that because I didn't get an A in the graduate level physiology class I took for "fun", that I would never even get in to vet school. To them I say "Not only did I get in but I had multiple offers. What now bi%$#es!". Sorry to sound so fiesty but the all knowing attitude that some professors have really gets under my skin. I guess it is my problem with authority...:p

I posted a few days ago about my eukaryotic cell bio class and that I need to pass it to go onto vet school.
Someone from the vet school sent out an email yesterday about an alternative, easy cell bio course offered through UC Berkley extension if you don't think you'll pass the course at MSU. I would have to sign up by March 15th. Thing is, I am already paying for my course at MSU and am currently passing (barely), but I don't really know how the next few exams are going to go. So, I talked to my professor after class and we agreed that I would meet with her after break to review material that I'm having issues with. I knew everything there was to know for the last exam, and still didn't do too well. She said her exams aren't on recall, and info on her exams may have never been presented in class, but we should be able to figure it out through reasoning. UGH. She then told me that if I can't pass her class, I won't pass vet school. That definitely got to me.:(
I am going to talk to my parents about the UC Berkley class and see what they think. It's $800...
If it's on par with the Berkeley Ext Physiology, it will be easy. I think you can pass the one you're in, but if not this one is a good back up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Studied a solid week for a path exam to be rewarded with a crappy feeling walking out. And I've got another tomorrow that I haven't started prepping for. Eff vet school.

Me four. FML.

I'm not a traditional Libra though... I'm basically a Libra/Scorpio, because I'm kind of on the cusp (Oct. 16). I always felt like I was a little (or a lot) more intense and outspoken than the "true" Libra description. I researched it once and found out about "cusp" signs and the Libra/Scorpio was much closer to my personality.

Mine's on the 12th. I'm not outspoken at all. ;)

Actually, as far as astrology goes, I think the sign of my Chinese zodiac year fits me better than the Libra description.

I'm a monkey.

PSIL - I personally would pay the $800.

You're not just paying for the class, but you're paying for your own well being at this point. You're stressed out, having a hard time dealing with the class AND the professor... and the rest of the semester is just going to fray your nerves. Usually I wouldn't pay that much money to take a class that you have a cheaper option for... but I feel like $800 is a smaller price than the ulcers you're going to give yourself worrying until May.

Can you drop that class now, and just take the UCB one?

Members don't see this ad :)
PSIL - I personally would pay the $800.

You're not just paying for the class, but you're paying for your own well being at this point. You're stressed out, having a hard time dealing with the class AND the professor... and the rest of the semester is just going to fray your nerves. Usually I wouldn't pay that much money to take a class that you have a cheaper option for... but I feel like $800 is a smaller price than the ulcers you're going to give yourself worrying until May.

Can you drop that class now, and just take the UCB one?
Yesterday was the last day to withdrawl. If I take the UCB class, I will still try in the other class. I would need to get a 1.0 to reach 120 credits to graduate.

Mine's on the 12th. I'm not outspoken at all. ;)

Ha, well that's not that only reason... I'm a little more volatile and much less easygoing than the average Libra. I am also a lot less creative and artsy-minded and much more science-minded.

I have one of those endlessly annoying spots on my lip right now. I've had it for a few days. My boyfriend says it's a hair that got confused on its way out and it trying to come through the lip tissue.

I just want to take tweezers to it and dig it out so it stops bothering me.

Chemistry lab reports and post labs. Ughh.

Physics lab is much nicer here. No outside work, everything is done in the lab.

:eek:Go to the doctor. I don't mess with anything on my face! Scar tissue, cysts, etc if you don't leave it alone!

It's nothing serious. It's just a pinpoint of irritation, that's going away if anything. I definitely wouldn't do anything drastic to it, it's just annoying!

Is there a wallow in self pity feeling like a failure thread.... :cry:

You're on it!!:D But don't feel like a failure, this is a HUGE self-esteem crusher, but you can't take it personally (easier said than done, I KNOW). You should get file reviews from the schools you applied to so you know how to improve for next year. Read through some of these threads at the success stories of so many people who tried for 2, 3 and 4 years before they got ANY good news! You can do it! If it's what you want, don't give up! :luck:

I still have to hear from my waitlisters but I just feel old compared to my classmates!! (Though I know realistically I'm not that old)

I still have to hear from my waitlisters but I just feel old compared to my classmates!! (Though I know realistically I'm not that old)

There are 50 year olds on here... don't worry about it!

LOL I know I know. It's all these 20 year olds I'm surrounded by responding with "You're 27?!?!?!?!?" with a disgusted look their faces....:slap:

I wanna go home! This is two of my co-workers who've injured their hands now, both by doing stupid things. We type for a living, you think they'd protect them better.

*sigh* I got here at 6:25AM this morning and it is now 8:45 at night and I'm still at work.... Worst part is I can't recall if I had any assignments in my public speaking class that meets tomorrow at 8am (I was going to do them when I got home if I did) and now all I want to do is take a bath and go to bed.

LOL Not the face!!! I know I'm not old :oops: it's just the kidlets at the school that make me feel that way. Also probably because a lot of them still live with their parents and I haven't lived with mine since I was 16 so I feel a bit older than I am. :scared: Don't beat me up!!! LOL

My physics professor won't put up the answer key. She said she would during the last lecture and today she told me no. I'd really like to review the test right now, so I don't keep on doing stuff wrong when I review during the semester until the final. I don't understand why she won't do it. :mad:

SHE TOLD ME THAT TOO! and i'm doing fine. ignore everything she says.
In fact, I really want to send her an email right now to let her know how hurtful the things she says are, and since they are NOT TRUE she should stop spreading lies. because i remember her saying those exact words to me 3 years ago and going home and just crying. what a ****

I hope this will make your day better. :)

tumblr_luileyyXMo1qfe5w6o1_500.png

tumblr_lqti1e69Dw1qg3z31o1_500.jpg

hehe I posted that second one on the rave thread earlier, I love it :D

Kids - be nice! There will be no injuring of young persons by young persons! I'm fairly certain the only people older than me around here are SOV, Bisbee and *I think* Let it snow. Oh to be 30 again... :rolleyes: