RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sometimes you just want someone to be pessimistic with!! My best friend got all pissy with me when I was waitlisted at Auburn... it made me feel much better than the people who were all "Oh I'm sure you'll get in eventually, it's better than a rejection!" :p
Thanks for understanding my self mutilating side, best friend! :D

Lately the reply I hate the most is, "oh, this must mean there are other plans for you." What the heck does that mean?

Members don't see this ad.

Lately the reply I hate the most is, "oh, this must mean there are other plans for you." What the heck does that mean?

Exactly!!! I didn't get into quite a few schools I applies to and everyone says those aren't the ones I'm supposed to go to then. Sooo....... if I don't get into any of them...... ?!!?! WTF!
And again with the "you're not rejected" nonsense!! I'm waitlisted at 3 schools. Yeah ok, I wasn't rejected but I don't have ANY guarantees and I can't make ANY plans yet!!! It all makes me want to swear!!!!

:boom:

I'm also tired of people who don't understand how much of an accomplishment this really is saying "Oh yeah, my daughter just got into UFL for communications" (no offense to anyone lol), or "Yeah my sister is taking a course about animals at the community college too!" or from a co-worker the other day... "My niece wants to be a vet" (when I told him to make sure she studies hard bc it's really tough...) "Oh, well she's not very booksmart. She hates school, but she's gonna be a good vet"

....... :confused::scared::eek:
My dad is one of the worst offenders lol. Not to mention he thinks veterinarians are a waste of time... :smack::bang:

My father thinks that I'm going to be able support him as soon as I graduate so he can retire, and live on a big farm with a goat and spend all his free time sailing (on the boat I buy him).

Ummm..... yeah, sure, Dad. Somehow the word "debt" and "student loan payments" never seem to make it through. All he hears is the word "doctor." It drives me insane! His response to debt: "Oh its no big deal. You'll have those loans paid off in five years."

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also tired of people who don't understand how much of an accomplishment this really is saying "Oh yeah, my daughter just got into UFL for communications" (no offense to anyone lol), or "Yeah my sister is taking a course about animals at the community college too!" or from a co-worker the other day... "My niece wants to be a vet" (when I told him to make sure she studies hard bc it's really tough...) "Oh, well she's not very booksmart. She hates school, but she's gonna be a good vet"

....... :confused::scared::eek:
My dad is one of the worst offenders lol. Not to mention he thinks veterinarians are a waste of time... :smack::bang:

BLARGH!!!!!!! Along those same lines when everyone says to not worry that I'll get in. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW COMPETITIVE IT IS AND THAT I MAY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So then they're all surprised when "GASP" you don't get in!!!! (I applied last year..... :()

BLARGH!!!!!!! Along those same lines when everyone says to not worry that I'll get in. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW COMPETITIVE IT IS AND THAT I MAY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So then they're all surprised when "GASP" you don't get in!!!! (I applied last year..... :()

Yeah and then in their heads...:idea: "Oh, she must not be as smart as I thought" :uhno:

OK. I almost promise this is my last rant for the day. (Love this thread lol) I NEED to stop reading the stats of the successful applicants!!!! A good majority of them are NOT better than mine!!! WTF?!?!?!?! And yet... alternate I am....

Yeah and then in their heads...:idea: "Oh, she must not be as smart as I thought" :uhno:

Can I just rant a little on this aspect of my life right now. So I haven't told my boss (PI) that I am waitlisted because I know he will just tell me that I am not good enough for vet school anyways and I should stick with research (blah). At the same time I am so discouraged and feel like a failure that in my head I keep running around in a circle of :idea: "hey I should study really hard for the GRE for next cycle and boost my points more" and then in the other part of my head I am thinking :idea: "hey, remember you have classes, maybe you should study hard for those." And then the rest of my brain is thinking... maybe I should be a bum and drop this whole idea and move to the east coast and just ride my pony and get paid in horse pooh. :oops:

My brain is complicated.

Can I just rant a little on this aspect of my life right now. So I haven't told my boss (PI) that I am waitlisted because I know he will just tell me that I am not good enough for vet school anyways and I should stick with research (blah). At the same time I am so discouraged and feel like a failure that in my head I keep running around in a circle of :idea: "hey I should study really hard for the GRE for next cycle and boost my points more" and then in the other part of my head I am thinking :idea: "hey, remember you have classes, maybe you should study hard for those." And then the rest of my brain is thinking... maybe I should be a bum and drop this whole idea and move to the east coast and just ride my pony and get paid in horse pooh. :oops:

My brain is complicated.

Or you should be positive and think that you'll get in this cycle! I'm really rooting for you, bbeventer. Don't give up, though. If things don't go your way this year, retake the GREs, do whatever you can to improve, and kick butt next year!

This is my rant of the day

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8427370/the-circle-faces-backlash-after-mocking-war-hero

Quick summary - the guy they are talking about is Cpl Ben Roberts - Smith, who recently recieved the victorias cross (the highest commonwealth military honour) for single handedly storming and taking out a taliban machine gun hold, saving the lives of dozens of his commrades.

So on a crappy womens chat show, they start MAKING FUN OF HIM, calling him stupid and implying he's bad/impotentent in bed

:wtf::wtf::wtf::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm so angry that these women who are NOT clever or talented, who have achieved essentially NOTHING in their lives, DARE to make fun of such a man (the bedroom jokes are particularly in poor taste after he revealed on the weekend that he and his wife had to covcieve through IVF).

RAAAAAGGGGEEEE!!! I'm extremely pro "support our soldiers" so it makes me SO ANGRY when a bunch of bimbos feel its ok to degrade one of our nations finest heros (who is extremely intelligent, btw).

horse pooh. :oops:

My brain is complicated.

Complicated in a horse pooh consistency kind of way?! ;)
We all get to those points in life and for some, decisions come easier than others. I always take comfort in knowing that everything that has supposed to happen so far in my life has, even if it was something I thought I never wanted. In the end, we only have one life, and as long as we live each day happily than that's all that matters.. Think about what makes you happy every day, and do it! Even if that's riding ponies and getting paid in horse pooh! ;)

OK. I almost promise this is my last rant for the day. (Love this thread lol) I NEED to stop reading the stats of the successful applicants!!!! A good majority of them are NOT better than mine!!! WTF?!?!?!?! And yet... alternate I am....

I know I was able to post on it, but seriously, I feel the same way, especially considering how I did last year with wayyyy worse stats (in regards to vet experience, I had like 80 hr and missed getting into Penn by two spots. Like, really? Rejected after an interview this year. No clue what happened). I guess if I don't end up going to school in the UK (which is extremely possible)I have to find a way to do research since that seems to be the trend with a lot of people. Seems my 1000+ working in a lab didn't count for anything this year. It's super frustrating, believe me. And I kind of feel horrible saying it cause I am happy for them but it's like "wtf...where did I screw up on my application?" or "did I say something so horribly wrong in an interview?"

And I keep getting a lot of "well, things happen for a reason" which I hate hearing since I do put much weight on fate.

Members don't see this ad :)

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8427370/the-circle-faces-backlash-after-mocking-war-hero

Quick summary - the guy they are talking about is Cpl Ben Roberts - Smith, who recently recieved the victorias cross (the highest commonwealth military honour) for single handedly storming and taking out a taliban machine gun hold, saving the lives of dozens of his commrades.

So on a crappy womens chat show, they start MAKING FUN OF HIM, calling him stupid and implying he's bad/impotentent in bed

I'm so angry that these women who are NOT clever or talented, who have achieved essentially NOTHING in their lives, DARE to make fun of such a man (the bedroom jokes are particularly in poor taste after he revealed on the weekend that he and his wife had to covcieve through IVF).

RAAAAAGGGGEEEE!!! I'm extremely pro "support our soldiers" so it makes me SO ANGRY when a bunch of bimbos feel its ok to degrade one of our nations finest heros (who is extremely intelligent, btw).

:wtf::mad::mad::mad::sendoff::bullcrap::boom: :nono: :wow::barf: on them!!!!!

The saddest part is that the only reason those women have the ability to sit there and laugh, is because he went and fought for their freedom to do so. As a military girlfriend, that REALLY pisses me off!!! They have NO idea what it's like while you sit around waiting for a phone call from your loved one in a war zone for 13 months!:mad: If he came back with nothing but his HEAD, I would STILL love him! F***IN B***CHES!!!! :thumbdown:annoyed:

Friend who complains about doing all the work during group projects... hasn't done any of the work for the group we're in. Due tomorrow. We have four members, and I've done all the coordinating for emails, contacted the professor, arranged meetings, and actually done my portion of the assignment... not really feeling too keen about having to do hers and consolidating it into something coherent tonight. Sleepy, bummed about acceptance/rejection coming while I'm out of the country, and I have other things I should be doing.:thumbdown:

:wtf::wtf::wtf::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm the first to say that I am NO fan of war. However, if our military is involved, I firmly believe that that are owed our support, thanks, and above all RESPECT.

I believe Emiloo said it best: F***IN B***CHES!! :slap::slap::slap:

I'm the first to say that I am NO fan of war. However, if our military is involved, I firmly believe that that are owed our support, thanks, and above all RESPECT.

I believe Emiloo said it best: F***IN B***CHES!! :slap::slap::slap:

It's not even my country and I have to agree. I don't support the US military and it's doings, but I do support the soldiers for putting their lives on the line for their country!

It's not even my country and I have to agree. I don't support the US military and it's doings, but I do support the soldiers for putting their lives on the line for their country!

I think a better way to say this is "I don't support the decisions of the government- department of defense". I don't support the war (and my dad works for the DoD), but I do support the military!

I think a better way to say this is "I don't support the decisions of the government- department of defense". I don't support the war (and my dad works for the DoD), but I do support the military!

:thumbup: much better :D The military takes orders and puts their lives on the line, whether people agree or not. And the fact that they are out their defending the rights of people who don't even agree with them, makes them a much better person than I could ever be. I can't even BELIEVE the people that protest military funerals!!!!! UGH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT ****!!!!!!!
(as you can see, I get feisty about defending the *military*) ;)

I can't even BELIEVE the people that protest military funerals!!!!! UGH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT ****!!!!!!!
(as you can see, I get feisty about defending the *military*) ;)

Oh that gets my blood BOILING!!!! Makes me wonder whether I might be a violent person underneath it all.... lol :diebanana:

Stats aren't everything...

I understand you are just ranting and upset but that's kind of a crappy thing to say.

Stats aren't everything...

I understand you are just ranting and upset but that's kind of a crappy thing to say.

I really didn't mean to demean anyone. Mostly that was me wondering WHY I can't seem to get a firm acceptance. I'm sorry you interpreted it in any way saying anything bad about anyone else. I was just observing that comparatively I have a really good GPA and really good GRE scores and I have a ton of experience. So what I am doing wrong?! I realize you don't know me so it's really hard to read the true meaning behind text. I think what was crappy about my comment was that I did not explain further.

Different schools look for different things. If it were based solely on numbers I'd be nowhere near here now.

Are you a NV resident? Did you apply WICHE? Likely probably just need to better refine strategy with respect to 1) how you present yourself in your app/interview and 2) your school selection.

Good luck with the waitlist this year!

Different schools look for different things. If it were based solely on numbers I'd be nowhere near here now.

Are you a NV resident? Did you apply WICHE? Likely probably just need to better refine strategy with respect to 1) how you present yourself in your app/interview and 2) your school selection.

Good luck with the waitlist this year!
Thanks :oops: I really do wish everyone the best. Please know that I really am a nice person. Mostly I was harping on myself. It's just frustrating. I had my PS reviewed and did multiple mock interviews and got great feedback on both. Mostly I was consoling myself that maybe other applicants were good at those things too but that they had a 4.0. I'm just frustrated and oh so disappointed in myself. :cry:

Thanks :oops: I really do wish everyone the best. Please know that I really am a nice person. Mostly I was harping on myself. It's just frustrating. I had my PS reviewed and did multiple mock interviews and got great feedback on both. Mostly I was consoling myself that maybe other applicants were good at those things too but that they had a 4.0. I'm just frustrated and oh so disappointed in myself. :cry:

I know, it's a frustrating process that seems so arbitrary sometimes. We've all been there.

The truth is, when you get off that waitlist or on your next application, you will be glad that your classmates are not all absolutely perfect 4.0 students. Makes life much more interesting. :)

That is very true Nyanko!! Thank you for seeing through my terrible wording and not writing me off! lol :D Waiting on 3 alternate positions :scared: If I don't get an offer this year I will definitely need someone far wiser than I for pointers for sure!!! Gah!! The waiting is the WORST part!!!

Last edited:
Rant: I got 9 hours of sleep total for the whole weekend.

I got scheduled for 2 ICU shifts in one day (16 hours). One of those was an overnight shift (12-8am) and THEN I had to come back (4pm to midnight). Then I had to come back early in the morning for patient care the next day.

Now I'm on necropsy and I smell TERRIBLE. I literally smell like death. It is quite possibly the worst smell I have ever encountered. Since I spend hours in the room, it permeates my clothes, my hair, even my bra smells like death. I don't even like necropsies, but it's a required rotation. I find the extreme dismemberment of the carcasses to be disturbing, even if I understand why it's needed.

Mostly I'm just so tired. Physically, emotionally. And now I'm surrounded by stinky dead things for 2 weeks. I really, really am not a fan of my life right now.

Plus I gained 2 pounds :mad:

Ok, end rant.

I NEED to stop reading the stats of the successful applicants!!!! A good majority of them are NOT better than mine!!! WTF?!?!?!?! And yet... alternate I am....

I felt that way after being put on the alternate list at LSU. It was my last resort and not only did I have people (namely my parents) in my ear saying "Of course you'll get in!" but also, I honestly really didn't feel like my chances were that far off. It may have been the people in my ear, but given that I'd worked my whole life for this specific goal, I felt good about my accomplishments/application...

...so when I got alternate listed, absolutely crushed doesn't begin to describe how I felt that day. I actually flew home that weekend to both seek comfort in my family and also brainstorm options of how I would now transition from undergrad life to whatever life I'd have next until the next app cycle- assuming I didn't get in (which I'd already resolved myself to after being wait-listed). Out of sheer obligation to the fact that I was still *technically* a contender for LSU, I waited out the next couple of months on the alternate list. Truthfully, I had made up my mind that I was going to decline them if the asked and just go for my IS again the next cycle. Then, a week before I was to graduate from my undergrad, they called to offer me the last OOS spot. I've never felt more sure of what I wanted about anything in my entire life as I did in that moment. I accepted without hesitation, which made my parents (who, thankfully, hadn't once interjected their opinion into my decision) extremly happy.

Waiting it out sucks, questioning why you got listed as an alternate after you built your life around this sucks, having people say "Wow... I really thought you'd get an interview" SUCKS.... but it's not the end of the world OR your chances of getting into vet school THIS cycle! Rather than gaining worry from this forum, try and take comfort in knowing that it's very possible for you to still be a part of the class of 2016.

I was just observing that comparatively I have a really good GPA and really good GRE scores and I have a ton of experience. So what I am doing wrong?! I realize you don't know me so it's really hard to read the true meaning behind text. I think what was crappy about my comment was that I did not explain further.

That's where I feel like this site is detrimental. I'm personally thankful that I didn't know about this website until I was actually accepted in vet school (LSU actually informed us of the website with our admissions packet). Upon coming here and becoming actively involved, I basically felt nothing but completely blessed and lucky to have gotten into vet school going into it the way I did. I had no knowledge of what TO do, but I also had no knowledge of what NOT to do. Basically, ***given the horrible experience I had just on my own dealing with vet schools and applyoing***, had I found this place during my admissions process, I'm certain I'd be in a straight jacket today, due to my anxiety and stress of the possibility of seeing others not having NEAR the same issues as I.

The truth is, when you get off that waitlist or on your next application, you will be glad that your classmates are not all absolutely perfect 4.0 students. Makes life much more interesting. :)

I feel like they're minimal around here, but nonetheless, having people to commiserate with (even if they were at one point 4.0 students and since vet school are not) is what vet school is all about, lol. Having a room full of ambitious people is hard enough, and eventually you just band together to support each other no matter what academic background you came from individually.

Rant : Graduate school. Since words can't even describe my frustration with it and my whole research group right now (and would probably be very mean in the heat of the moment) let me express my experience of today via emoticons, instead:

:confused::wtf::wtf::mad::mad::mad::mad::boom:

My rant....I have heard nothing at all from VM or Mississippi.
Nothing!
It's way past the deadline. I hate to call but nothing from both???????

I got one rejection from uga.

Why the heck am I not hearing anything?

Rant: I got 9 hours of sleep total for the whole weekend.

I got scheduled for 2 ICU shifts in one day (16 hours). One of those was an overnight shift (12-8am) and THEN I had to come back (4pm to midnight). Then I had to come back early in the morning for patient care the next day.

Now I'm on necropsy and I smell TERRIBLE. I literally smell like death. It is quite possibly the worst smell I have ever encountered. Since I spend hours in the room, it permeates my clothes, my hair, even my bra smells like death. I don't even like necropsies, but it's a required rotation. I find the extreme dismemberment of the carcasses to be disturbing, even if I understand why it's needed.

Mostly I'm just so tired. Physically, emotionally. And now I'm surrounded by stinky dead things for 2 weeks. I really, really am not a fan of my life right now.

Plus I gained 2 pounds :mad:

Ok, end rant.
Oh no! Some smells just stick with you (and the very best smells at that)! The smell of pigs, anal glands, and death. urgh. The "bra of death" though... :laugh: I hope you feel better and can catch some Zzzzz soon! :)

I felt that way after being put on the alternate list at LSU. It was my last resort and not only did I have people (namely my parents) in my ear saying "Of course you'll get in!" but also, I honestly really didn't feel like my chances were that far off. It may have been the people in my ear, but given that I'd worked my whole life for this specific goal, I felt good about my accomplishments/application...

...so when I got alternate listed, absolutely crushed doesn't begin to describe how I felt that day. I actually flew home that weekend to both seek comfort in my family and also brainstorm options of how I would now transition from undergrad life to whatever life I'd have next until the next app cycle- assuming I didn't get in (which I'd already resolved myself to after being wait-listed). Out of sheer obligation to the fact that I was still *technically* a contender for LSU, I waited out the next couple of months on the alternate list. Truthfully, I had made up my mind that I was going to decline them if the asked and just go for my IS again the next cycle. Then, a week before I was to graduate from my undergrad, they called to offer me the last OOS spot. I've never felt more sure of what I wanted about anything in my entire life as I did in that moment. I accepted without hesitation, which made my parents (who, thankfully, hadn't once interjected their opinion into my decision) extremly happy.

Waiting it out sucks, questioning why you got listed as an alternate after you built your life around this sucks, having people say "Wow... I really thought you'd get an interview" SUCKS.... but it's not the end of the world OR your chances of getting into vet school THIS cycle! Rather than gaining worry from this forum, try and take comfort in knowing that it's very possible for you to still be a part of the class of 2016.

That's where I feel like this site is detrimental. I'm personally thankful that I didn't know about this website until I was actually accepted in vet school (LSU actually informed us of the website with our admissions packet). Upon coming here and becoming actively involved, I basically felt nothing but completely blessed and lucky to have gotten into vet school going into it the way I did. I had no knowledge of what TO do, but I also had no knowledge of what NOT to do. Basically, ***given the horrible experience I had just on my own dealing with vet schools and applyoing***, had I found this place during my admissions process, I'm certain I'd be in a straight jacket today, due to my anxiety and stress of the possibility of seeing others not having NEAR the same issues as I.

I feel like they're minimal around here, but nonetheless, having people to commiserate with (even if they were at one point 4.0 students and since vet school are not) is what vet school is all about, lol. Having a room full of ambitious people is hard enough, and eventually you just band together to support each other no matter what academic background you came from individually.

I know this was not directed at me, but it helped. Thanks for posting this.

OK, let me see if I've got this straight. You worked for the University for 35 years at physical facilities (Janitor/repairs). You now live in Buffalo, NY and are trying to "go to Canada". The local sheriff of Buffalo told you you needed to contact the FBI and the State Bureau of Identification in Sacramento, CA to obtain an "order for fingerprinting" in order to get to go to Canada. So you called my small little Campus Police Department, six hours away from Sacramento to get me to give you the contact info for this "Bureau of Identification" that you've never heard of but think that I can help you more due to being physically in CA than the nice sheriff of Buffalo who is close by and has the ability to do what I just did (well, anyone does) to find that info.
It's called a Google search. I used the terms "CA bureau of identification" and the fourth result was a page titled "FBI- State Identification Bureau Listing" From which I pulled the contact information I just gave you.

I was polite, even though I had six other things going on that actually pertain to solving a crime or fixing a fire alarm system and so forth, but really. You're old enough to remember how to use a phone book, and not so old that you can't use the internet or find a friend (or local PD) that could do it for you. I'm really pissed at the Buffalo NY Sheriff for not providing this info or how to find it after telling him that was who he needed to contact.

Finally, who needs to be fingerprinted in such a manner to go to Canada?:confused:

This is totally stupid, but I am really upset about it right now.

The Steelers just released Hines Ward. I know he didn't play much this past season, but I am such a big fan and I feel ridiculous but I actually feel like I could cry. I'm hoping that saying it here will really make me see how stupid and petty it is!

If he signs with another team, expect another post in this thread. And that time, for sure, I WILL shed a tear!

Thanks libster06! It really is stressful. This whole process. I just wish the waiting was over and I could start making plans for the future!!! Just gotta keep positive but that is not easy and I just want to have a tantrum when someone else tells me that exact thing!!! :smuggrin:

This is totally stupid, but I am really upset about it right now.

The Steelers just released Hines Ward. I know he didn't play much this past season, but I am such a big fan and I feel ridiculous but I actually feel like I could cry. I'm hoping that saying it here will really make me see how stupid and petty it is!

If he signs with another team, expect another post in this thread. And that time, for sure, I WILL shed a tear!
Why the hell would they do that? It's HINES WARD! You don't release someone like him.

My favorite baseball player is retiring (Jason Varitek of the Boston Red Sox). I wasn't mad but it did make me sad. I get it!

I promised I would move this to the Rant thread to not hijack the Interview Invite thread lol......

Ok, so I was just running through this dilemma in my head. I am currently on 4 waitlists and accepted at UF (my IS). Based on the fact that my undergrad was UF's rival and I have despised UF for the past 6 years, makes me literally want to pay more money to go to a different school. Not because I don't think it's a great school or that I couldn't get over being there, but because I am a HUGE, read H-U-G-E football fan! And I literally will NEVER EVER cheer for the Florida Gators. Having school spirit and being prideful of your school is a huge deal to me, but so is not being in debt. :(
UF is my only guaranteed spot right now, and basically I have to finish up animal nutrition and animal science for them. My even bigger dilemma is that the other schools I am waitlisted at will require me to do another semester of biochem and animal nutrition.... (UF helped me out with biochem, long story)
SO! I either need to decide to go to UF or take THREE classes over the next 5 months! :eek: Not to mention the money it will require for me to do this! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!! I want to have pride in my school and cheer my butt off and be a proud alumni for life, and I just can't see myself doing it at UF. :shifty::annoyed::shrug::uhno:+pity+

Waitlisted at Auburn, Col State, LSU, and OKState... and I have an interview at UTK still. Out of these I REALLLLLLY want Auburn, Tenn, and LSU! UF is last on my list, the only reason I applied was for money purposes :(

I promised I would move this to the Rant thread to not hijack the Interview Invite thread lol......

Ok, so I was just running through this dilemma in my head. I am currently on 4 waitlists and accepted at UF (my IS). Based on the fact that my undergrad was UF's rival and I have despised UF for the past 6 years, makes me literally want to pay more money to go to a different school. Not because I don't think it's a great school or that I couldn't get over being there, but because I am a HUGE, read H-U-G-E football fan! And I literally will NEVER EVER cheer for the Florida Gators. Having school spirit and being prideful of your school is a huge deal to me, but so is not being in debt. :(
UF is my only guaranteed spot right now, and basically I have to finish up animal nutrition and animal science for them. My even bigger dilemma is that the other schools I am waitlisted at will require me to do another semester of biochem and animal nutrition.... (UF helped me out with biochem, long story)
SO! I either need to decide to go to UF or take THREE classes over the next 5 months! :eek: Not to mention the money it will require for me to do this! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!! I want to have pride in my school and cheer my butt off and be a proud alumni for life, and I just can't see myself doing it at UF. :shifty::annoyed::shrug::uhno:+pity+

Waitlisted at Auburn, Col State, LSU, and OKState... and I have an interview at UTK still. Out of these I REALLLLLLY want Auburn, Tenn, and LSU! UF is last on my list, the only reason I applied was for money purposes :(

I'm a HUGE football fan, too, but is it really worth your dreams of becoming a vet? We have a HUGE in-state rivalry here between OU and OSU and we have plenty of students from both universities. We all get along (well except for when the schools play each other :D) and usually only friendly trash talk goes on. The OU students proudly wear their crimson and cream while the OSU students wear their orange and black. It makes it fun! You don't have to quit cheering for your team because you go to a different school.

I'm a HUGE football fan, too, but is it really worth your dreams of becoming a vet? We have a HUGE in-state rivalry here between OU and OSU and we have plenty of students from both universities. We all get along (well except for when the schools play each other :D) and usually only friendly trash talk goes on. It makes it fun!

No definitely, it makes it tons of fun and it is a friendly rivalry here as well (besides the fact that they all think FSU is the "stupid school", and we think they "have all the ugly people"....:laugh: :rolleyes:). Anyway, I know I am being totally silly but it is really a big deal to me. Not just for the football aspect of it, but for the fact that I want to be incredibly spirited about my alma mater for the rest of my life.... I know this is really dumb, but it's more the pre-req stuff that is bothering me. It's like I have to make a choice RIGHT NOW, instead of getting to decide as things come along. If I don't take all three classes, I only have one choice, if I do take all three, I may have up to 6 choices :xf: ... but absolutely NO LIFE for the few months before I REALLY have no life for 4 years lol. I don't even know if taking those three classes successfully is possible with a 50hr/wk biochemist job :scared:

No definitely, it makes it tons of fun and it is a friendly rivalry here as well (besides the fact that they all think FSU is the "stupid school", and we think they "have all the ugly people"....:laugh: :rolleyes:). Anyway, I know I am being totally silly but it is really a big deal to me. Not just for the football aspect of it, but for the fact that I want to be incredibly spirited about my alma mater for the rest of my life.... I know this is really dumb, but it's more the pre-req stuff that is bothering me. It's like I have to make a choice RIGHT NOW, instead of getting to decide as things come along. If I don't take all three classes, I only have one choice, if I do take all three, I may have up to 6 choices :xf: ... but absolutely NO LIFE for the few months before I REALLY have no life for 4 years lol. I don't even know if taking those three classes successfully is possible with a 50hr/wk biochemist job :scared:
If I was you, I would take my in-state. You aren't guaranteed anything at the other schools and it is going to be cheaper. You can still be a proud Seminole! Fun fact: I am from a town near Seminole, Oklahoma!

The OU students proudly wear their crimson and cream while the OSU students wear their orange and black. It makes it fun! You don't have to quit cheering for your team because you go to a different school.

I know I don't have to stop, but UF also has a dress code that states you cannot wear any other school logo... my entire wardrobe is FSU stuff lol. I might end up going to class naked :oops:. I will always cheer for FSU, but I want to cheer for my DVM school too, and it will just NOT happen at UF :laugh:

SO! I either need to decide to go to UF or take THREE classes over the next 5 months! :eek: Not to mention the money it will require for me to do this! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!! I want to have pride in my school and cheer my butt off and be a proud alumni for life, and I just can't see myself doing it at UF.

I'm a newbie and small potatoes on here :p but my 2 cents is still worth 2 cents lol. I personally would wait until you absolutely have to put in your acceptance but if you haven't gotten an offer anywhere else if it were me I would take it. Even if it means working hard (which totally sucks by the way :() It is amazing that you have an offer and I would hate for you to miss out this cycle because you don't like their team and that there will be a boatload of work for you first. After all, you have your interview at UTK first and will hear back before you have to give UF your answer. (But maybe I'm biased because I'm a bit older and want to get in NOW before I get even older!!!:laugh:)