RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, and anticancer drugs.

We just had that same exact exam... think of it this way, if you pick either "folate inhibitor" "binds to DNA" or "toxic in cats" you'll probably be right. :luck:

(double points for cisplatin since it does two of the above!)

Members don't see this ad.

My sister and I finally had to have our 17 year old cat put down today. I cried like a baby and I miss him already.

My sister and I finally had to have our 17 year old cat put down today. I cried like a baby and I miss him already.
Awww sorry BKT it is always terrible to lose one of your babies:(

I got selected for the jury. The subject is making me really depressed. I don't know how I can make it through 8 more days of this. Then deliberations:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)

I got selected for the jury. The subject is making me really depressed. I don't know how I can make it through 8 more days of this. Then deliberations:scared:

One of my friends is 23 and has been selected for jury duty 3 times already. You can get through it though!

I know you probably aren't allowed to share the details but it's gonna make me all anxious to know. Lol. Try to make the best of it though.

So sorry BKT, that's one of the hardest decisions for a pet owner to make. But know that those memories that are causing pain now will warm your soul in the future and the misty-eyed moments will decrease in frequency.

Is it weird that I have always wanted to get jury duty? (and so of course have ever gotten it)
I'm seriously envious.

Is it weird that I have always wanted to get jury duty? (and so of course have ever gotten it)
I'm seriously envious.

No lol, firefly and I were talking about it earlier on the thread as well lol. We understand your weirdness :D

Having a terrible day. Everything just makes it worse.
I really want to go home early, just call it off and go. Dunno if I can go home sick. Really tempted to ask my supervisor so I can go cry in a pillow.

Ugh WHY NOW BRAIN?

Having a terrible day. Everything just makes it worse.
I really want to go home early, just call it off and go. Dunno if I can go home sick. Really tempted to ask my supervisor so I can go cry in a pillow.

Ugh WHY NOW BRAIN?

Same here. Ugh...today just freaking blows. :(

so sorry BKT :( such a hard decision to make, but just think of all the wonderful memories you had, 17 years is a great life for a kitty :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I'm just staying busy and getting regular doses of snuggle therapy from our other 2 kitties. It helps quite a bit.

Pharm sucked this morning.

Went out to the car after the exam so I could sit and try to relax for a bit before my next class started in 30 minutes. Fell asleep in the car, woke up, had no idea where I was / what I was doing in the car and realized I was 20 minutes later for class. Said screw it, went home.

Found out the other day that my little sister is on a mission trip about 2.5/3 hours from here, but only here for the week. And I don't have time to drive up there, even though I havent seen her in about a year :(

Is the semester over yet?

Pharm sucked this morning.

Went out to the car after the exam so I could sit and try to relax for a bit before my next class started in 30 minutes. Fell asleep in the car, woke up, had no idea where I was / what I was doing in the car and realized I was 20 minutes later for class. Said screw it, went home.

Found out the other day that my little sister is on a mission trip about 2.5/3 hours from here, but only here for the week. And I don't have time to drive up there, even though I havent seen her in about a year :(

Is the semester over yet?
I had to laugh at you falling asleep in your car. And don't worry, the general consensus is that the test sucked for everyone and had several questions that were worded very poorly.

The Mexican lady who used to love me... Well I have to work with her today. And she's being a total bitch. Work today is miserable.

Fell in love with a death row shelter dog today who I can't take home b/c she doesn't like men and we have to take an elevator to my apartment (men also take the elevator...).

I'm such a softie :-(

whenever i visit my brother's house, he encourages me to watch new TV shows
i proceed to watch a few episodes, and generally enjoy the shows he recommends. i occasionally become attached to the shows (examples: Dexter, Game of Thrones, etc.)
the PROBLEM is that once I leave and come back my house it hits me.... I DON'T HAVE CABLE.
now, in this day and age, one doesn't necessarily need cable to subsist.
but lately all the streaming sites have been closing down!
and i just started watching Homeland (SO good, by the way...) what do i doooooo? see, and i don't even necessarily want to stream, i would totally pay showtime if i could watch it from my computer from their site... but they don't even let you do that!

:eek::confused::mad:

Damn. What am I going to do about Dexter now???

Rave: free pouch of squishy cat food when buying a bag of my kitties' normal crunchy food!

Rant: the aforementioned pouch of squishy food exploding in the back seat after I carelessly threw a 12 pack of coke zero into the car.

Imma smell like giblets for a few days.

Damn. What am I going to do about Dexter now???

I use this --> http://watchseries.eu/

Never fails! Gives you links to a bunch of different sites to watch it from.

Don't really know if it's a "safe" site or not though. I use it on my mac and i haven't had any viruses yet, in case anyone is concerned :D

My house has been taken over by squirrels!! I woke up to one this morning screaming in the closet... IN the closet, not the walls. Now they are running all through of our ceilings and my dogs won't stop barking!!!!! Ugh!!

My house has been taken over by squirrels!! I woke up to one this morning screaming in the closet... IN the closet, not the walls. Now they are running all through of our ceilings and my dogs won't stop barking!!!!! Ugh!!
What the heck?!?! How does that happen?!?!? :eek:

I'm laughing because all I can picture is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation....

This made me think of the "invasion of woodland creatures" in the lounge WW.

why does my *obnoxious* med school roommate think it is okay to noisily wash dishes every night between 4 and 6:30am?!?!:wtf::bang:+pissed+

yes, logically my other roommate and i just need to her to cut it out, but we both hate her at this point and avoid any and all interactions with her because you just don't know what she's going to complain about/blame you for. roommate made that mistake on sunday after MS walked out and said "NO TALKING in the kitchen." no please, no asking nicely, no nothing. just walked out and demanded silence. stupid part? the only thing she had said was a question about reheating some food to me. VS roomie then confronted her about being treated like that, and MS went off for 10 mins about how VS is too noisy and how MS can't concentrate b/c of all the noise and how MS even had to study in a stairwell one night because she couldnt focus (ummm :wtf: she could have a) said something to us or b) gone to one of the many study halls on campus!!) and then basically proceeded to blame VS for MS's failures. yeah, i can see how it's totally someone else's fault that you were dumb and decided to live in a dorm. and how it's someone else's fault that you are constantly many days behind in class material. and it's someone else's fault that you are failing half your classes.

in a nutshell, 32 more days of this nutcase and they just can't end soon enough!!:mad:

why does my ******ed med school roommate think it is okay to noisily wash dishes every night between 4 and 6:30am?!?!:wtf::bang:+pissed+ :mad:

Rant all you want, but please use a different word next time. Thanks :D

sick and tired of being sick and tired.... I feel like I have been sick on and off this entire semester. It's only April and I've used all FIVE of my sick days at work.

Now I'm sitting here with a fever, cough and feeling like I got stepped on by an elephant and my lovely boss will not send me home....If I didn't need the money I would walk out.

So I'm sitting in my women's studies class (STUPID class!) and we have art guest speakers. So bizarre! Lots of naked people covered in glue, sitting on teeny uncomfortable stools or climbing boat masts and jumping off in endless loops. :wtf: Obviously I don't understand art....

sick and tired of being sick and tired.... I feel like I have been sick on and off this entire semester. It's only April and I've used all FIVE of my sick days at work.

Now I'm sitting here with a fever, cough and feeling like I got stepped on by an elephant and my lovely boss will not send me home....If I didn't need the money I would walk out.

Hope you feel better soon!

UGHHH boyfriend's plane is delayed for 3 hours!!!! He said the boarded the plane, were almost ready to take off, then found out they were missing a computer part and made them get off. Now they're waiting from someone from Atlanta (wtf he's leaving from Baltimore?) to come install the part at 12:30, which will take 10 minutes. They are supposed to depart at 12:45. I really don't think that will happen considering that gives them only 5 minutes to board the plane. ARGH:mad::mad::bang::bang::boom:How do you just lose a computer part on an airplane?! I really hope they don't cancel it.