RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UGHHH boyfriend's plane is delayed for 3 hours!!!! He said the boarded the plane, were almost ready to take off, then found out they were missing a computer part and made them get off. Now they're waiting from someone from Atlanta (wtf he's leaving from Baltimore?) to come install the part at 12:30, which will take 10 minutes. They are supposed to depart at 12:45. I really don't think that will happen considering that gives them only 5 minutes to board the plane. ARGH:mad::mad::bang::bang::boom:How do you just lose a computer part on an airplane?! I really hope they don't cancel it.

uugghh how frustrating!!!! I have been victim to many airline travel trama and feel your pain. I'm sure he'll make it out of there! One good thing about atlanta is there are lots of flights to detroit throughout the day, so he should at least make it onto one of them right?! :xf::xf:Its sooner rather than later!!

my trivial, far less important rant: i ate all the good stuff out of the monster mix jar I keep at my desk at work. I'm left with all the boring healthy stuff like peanuts and raisins. I just want some m&ms!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

uugghh how frustrating!!!! I have been victim to many airline travel trama and feel your pain. I'm sure he'll make it out of there! One good thing about atlanta is there are lots of flights to detroit throughout the day, so he should at least make it onto one of them right?! :xf::xf:Its sooner rather than later!!

my trivial, far less important rant: i ate all the good stuff out of the monster mix jar I keep at my desk at work. I'm left with all the boring healthy stuff like peanuts and raisins. I just want some m&ms!!!!!!!

He's leaving from Baltimore (BWI) to Grand Rapids. The part to fix the plane is coming from Atlanta. Don't know how many flights leave from BWI to MI (wouldn't mind picking him up from Detroit, either.)

He's leaving from Baltimore (BWI) to Grand Rapids. The part to fix the plane is coming from Atlanta. Don't know how many flights leave from BWI to MI (wouldn't mind picking him up from Detroit, either.)

ohhh gotcha definitely misread that, that does make it trickier :( Would they reroute him on a different flight by chance? I hope he gets there soon!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
grr.. got home from work at 1ish last night, ate some food, couldn't find my phone so I set my alarm on my computer... woke up at noon. Class should have been at 9am. Crap. I need a real alarm clock.

Boyfriend reboarded. Hopefully everything is okay for lift off:xf:.
I had to go to the pet store down the road to calm myself down. Love seeing all of the small mammals, especially the rodents:love:.

Boyfriend reboarded. Hopefully everything is okay for lift off:xf:.
I had to go to the pet store down the road to calm myself down. Love seeing all of the small mammals, especially the rodents:love:.

The pet store calms me down too. I like watching the birds

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I wish my gas was 50 bucks!!!!! Those were the days.

:eek: What the heck is your gas at?!?! Wait .... it might terrify me.....

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

It ranges.... But currently it was 4.54-4.74 (depending on which station you go to)

Rant: I had the WORST soup ever. It was supposed to be broccoli and cheese and it just taste like pure smashed up broccoli. No cheese. No salt.

But I was so hungry I ate most of it.

Talking to animal rights activists makes me tired.. especially when they dodge all the questions.. :rolleyes:

It ranges.... But currently it was 4.54-4.74 (depending on which station you go to)

Ouch!!!!

Rant: I had the WORST soup ever. It was supposed to be broccoli and cheese and it just taste like pure smashed up broccoli. No cheese. No salt.

But I was so hungry I ate most of it.

LOL that sucks

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

There are two gas stations right by where I work that have been around $4.25-$4.30 and every time I drive by on my way to work, right after thinking about how pricy it's gotten around here, I think of y'all in California and feel better that at least my gas isn't like that (and that I don't have to deal with LA traffic!).

Hope your car at least gets good gas millage?

Have I ever mentioned that I am scared sh**less of tornados?

Reallyyyyyyy wishing I had decided to go to PEI :(

As silly as it is, that is up there on my reasons that might make me consider declining OK State if I get in off the wait list. I'm terrified of them. Like if I hear about a warning about a tornado a half hour away in Lancaster, I start hunkering down in the basement with my things.

And as for gas prices, I'm freaking out over how high mine are, which now I see is nothing since we haven't even got over $4 yet...granted we're only off by like $.07. And a lot of that has to do with the fact that I get like 13-18 miles a gallon...stupid van.

As silly as it is, that is up there on my reasons that might make me consider declining OK State if I get in off the wait list. I'm terrified of them. Like if I hear about a warning about a tornado a half hour away in Lancaster, I start hunkering down in the basement with my things.

I'm sitting on the bedroom floor (next to the closet door, for easy access). I wish I had a basement :( Nearest basement is a 4 minute drive away.

Already have two bags packed with clothes/sleeping bag/dog food/water bottles, leashes hanging by the door. 8, yes 8 weather apps installed on my iphone, weather radio hooked up. Extension cord running into the closet with a lamp and more bottled water in there.

In OK's defense, this is only the 2nd time in 2 years I've been scared enough to consider sleeping up at the vet school. There have been tornados touching down an hour south of us :(

I have lived in OK my entire life and have never been in a tornado. Not saying they aren't scary but I don't think you should worry quite so much. Cowgirla, if it makes you feel better, Norman is really closer to 1.5 hours south. And with as close as you live to the school you should have plenty of advanced warning to get there if you needed to. It looks like Stillwater is in the clear for a little while. Tomorrow is the bigger threat so get some sleep tonight in your own bed :)

Have I ever mentioned that I am scared sh**less of tornados?

Reallyyyyyyy wishing I had decided to go to PEI :(

We have a high probability of tornadoes tomorrow here in Nebraska and I'm closing at work so my supervisor had to brief my on what to do in case we have a warning. She finished the talk by saying "and if the shelter gets torn down which ever one of you is left alive call me and we can move the animals to a temporary shelter." Thanks, I wasn't totally panicked yet. Afterwards I'll get to drive the half hour home in storms. You're supposed to get out of your car and lie in a ditch if you hear the sirens right?

I have lived in OK my entire life and have never been in a tornado. Not saying they aren't scary but I don't think you should worry quite so much. Cowgirla, if it makes you feel better, Norman is really closer to 1.5 hours south. And with as close as you live to the school you should have plenty of advanced warning to get there if you needed to. It looks like Stillwater is in the clear for a little while. Tomorrow is the bigger threat so get some sleep tonight in your own bed :)

If youve not seen them because d being in a basement/closet it does not count. I hear so many people say theyve never seen one but have hidden thousands of times lol. That's still scary!

I have to work tomorrow night and I'm already worried about my dogs :(

If youve not seen them because d being in a basement/closet it does not count. I hear so many people say theyve never seen one but have hidden thousands of times lol. That's still scary!

I have to work tomorrow night and I'm already worried about my dogs :(
I have only hidden in a shelter once and that was last summer lol. I have seen a funnel start to come down but it went back up. That was at my sister's house. If you want, I can pick up your dogs and bring them to my house while you work.

I have only hidden in a shelter once and that was last summer lol. I have seen a funnel start to come down but it went back up. That was at my sister's house. If you want, I can pick up your dogs and bring them to my house while you work.

If you'll be down this way and the weather looks dicey, I might take you up on that. I can head up there Sunday am to pick them back up.

If you'll be down this way and the weather looks dicey, I might take you up on that. I can head up there Sunday am to pick them back up.
I should be in Stillwater around 3 if we still end up doing our dog wash in Edmond.

Talking to my bf's sisters is so difficult! Especially when they use Spanish texting language! Then I can't even use Google! :scared:

:thumbup: I am terrified of the thought of them too....but, the chances are.....oh, so slim! I saw the weather today and am thinking about all of you out that way!! Hunker down!!! :eek:

Stupid rant, but one none the less.

The Penguins lost again which means the boyfriend will be in a pissy mood. Even more so than the last game because he spent $150+ to go to the actual game. At least we're in a long distance relationship so I don't personally have to deal with it, but still means I'm afraid to text him for the rest of night. And I'm bummed they lost as well, because I like them wayyy more than the Flyers, but it's not bothering me as much because the Red Wings won, which will piss him off as well.

Last edited:
...yeah, still terrified of tornadoes.

Summary of my night: No sleep from constant thunderstorms and weather alerts
Tornado sirens. Packing up the dogs and rushing to the vet school basement at 2:45 am. Hiding there for 90 minutes while waiting to die. Now home waiting for adreneline to wear off so I can sleep before the next round starts :( And absolutely dreading working an overnight shift tomorrow. (tonight?)

...yeah, still terrified of tornadoes.

Summary of my night: No sleep from constant thunderstorms and weather alerts
Tornado sirens. Packing up the dogs and rushing to the vet school basement at 2:45 am. Hiding there for 90 minutes while waiting to die. Now home waiting for adreneline to wear off so I can sleep before the next round starts :( And absolutely dreading working an overnight shift tomorrow. (tonight?)
I woke up to a facebook newsfeed of people in OKC to Stillwater talking about 3am sirens. It made me wonder if they went off here, too and I just slept through them.

Just a quick note to say I'm thinking about you guys out in OK. Please stay safe. From what I understood from the forecast, the threat should be over late this evening. :xf:

And Mother Nature - lousy timing. If I get 'The Call', I'm never going to be able to talk my mom off the ledge. Geez.

my SO had a signed pic of jagr on the wall from when he played on the Penguins. I put it under the litterbox.

:thumbup: Nyan - please come and play w/ the Pens on Sunday. I simply can't stand the current egonightmare here in Philly. They need a serious deflate!

Apparently I don't care about animals, because I eat them. These girls are starting to really get on my nerves. I also can't support animal welfare groups, because I eat animals. Eating animals makes me evil. Come on! Ugh.

Apparently I don't care about animals, because I eat them. These girls are starting to really get on my nerves. I also can't support animal welfare groups, because I eat animals. Eating animals makes me evil. Come on! Ugh.

My favorite animal is a pig... My favorite food is bacon. I ignore radical people.

My favorite animal is a pig... My favorite food is bacon. I ignore radical people.

There is a club here and I like some of the stuff they do, but they are just not very welcoming if you're not vegan or vegetarian. They say people that eat mean can join the club, but they're not very comfortable to be around.

Me wanting to be a food animals vet is bad, too, apparently. Even though I would work to make sure those animals feel good.

My rant for the day. Living in the same country as the Grand National. I grew up watching Steeplechases back home, but I feel like here the safety regulations for both man and horse are just not up to snuff. 2 fatalities and only 15 out of 40 finishing?? I don't think the sport should be banned, just....altered. :(

Last night after work I was sitting in my car and all of a sudden it felt like something slammed into the back of my car. I turn around and look and there is NOTHING around. I thought I had heard a shopping cart going through the parking lot being pushed by the wind but there was no shopping cart. Now I think it was just the wind, but it made me....:scared: Although there has been mention that a few of my coworkers have seen a ghost in the clinic so maybe it was the ghost....:confused:....:scared:..... :ninja:

My thoughts go out to all of you in OK....stay safe.

I dislike when people act like that. I know some preachy vegans and I honestly talk about meat in front of them. "mmmmm I had the best cheeseburger last night, so tasty!" I don't preach to them that a lot of their processed food isn't healthy, or that they don't get all of their essential amino acids, do I?

Last night after work I was sitting in my car and all of a sudden it felt like something slammed into the back of my car. I turn around and look and there is NOTHING around. I thought I had heard a shopping cart going through the parking lot being pushed by the wind but there was no shopping cart. Now I think it was just the wind, but it made me....:scared: Although there has been mention that a few of my coworkers have seen a ghost in the clinic so maybe it was the ghost....:confused:....:scared:..... :ninja:

My thoughts go out to all of you in OK....stay safe.

Oooo wouldn't that be scary! Dark spooky nights are not cool.

There is a club here and I like some of the stuff they do, but they are just not very welcoming if you're not vegan or vegetarian. They say people that eat mean can join the club, but they're not very comfortable to be around.

Me wanting to be a food animals vet is bad, too, apparently. Even though I would work to make sure those animals feel good.

great typo! ;) your rant makes me think of this: http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2011/07/06/self-righteous-vegan/

I would have soaked that letter in beefy bloody steak juice and hung it right back up. I have NO problem with people being vegan, but "not allowing" another person to have any animal products in their apartment is completely laughable. You eat what you want, I eat what I want. I am not gonna eat out everyday and spend a shiz ton of money on takeout bc you think I shouldn't have what I choose to eat, in my house. PSH! :rolleyes:

Have you ever read any Temple Grandin? She's done more for food animals' lives than any PETA activist.

I work with primates (and want to do research/lab animal stuff as a DVM) and I work so hard to make sure their lives are as happy as they possibly can be. My boyfriend also works with research primates and he's even a vegetarian! Many of the people I work with avoid talking about the monkey part (mostly to avoid drama with extreme activist types), but I'm completely unashamed of what I do and happy to talk to anyone about it. I don't know if I've actually changed anyone's minds but I think I've challenged a few of their assumptions about it.

Have you ever read any Temple Grandin? She's done more for food animals' lives than any PETA activist.

I work with primates (and want to do research/lab animal stuff as a DVM) and I work so hard to make sure their lives are as happy as they possibly can be. My boyfriend also works with research primates and he's even a vegetarian! Many of the people I work with avoid talking about the monkey part (mostly to avoid drama with extreme activist types), but I'm completely unashamed of what I do and happy to talk to anyone about it. I don't know if I've actually changed anyone's minds but I think I've challenged a few of their assumptions about it.

I've always wanted to do mixed animal medicine as a vet, but wasn't sure if I should apply for the food animal vet school guarantee program here. I wasn't sure if I wanted food animals to be my main focus.

But then I finally bought Temple Grandin's books and she is the reason I did end up applying. She does the kind of work I want to do. Instead of being completely against the food animal industry, she works with it and tries to make it better for the animals. It's hard to end the whole system, like many activists want, but it is possible to change one thing at a time - and that's what I want to do. I just don't see the world change towards being completely vegan in the near future, so improving one thing at a time seems much more doable.

I haven't even finished one book yet, but I absolutely love her work. I've been reading online and use chapters of her book as rewards for finishing the review of a chapter in my chemistry books! :laugh:

Tell them that your goal as a food animal vet is to poison the food supply and kill off all people who eat meat, so that only vegetarians are left and the world will then be a better place. You pretend to eat meat as a front so people will trust you, but secretly, you're a hardcore vegan. They'll probably believe you and idolize you and you can secretly laugh at them.