RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I posted this before I caught up on the what are my chances thread!! Lol so it was about something else, but now it’s about that too :smack:

I just backed away from that. Nope, not touching it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I just backed away from that. Nope, not touching it.
Good plan for you and me, I felt conflicted about Internet brawling when it comes to vet school, that’s got nothing on my racism/sexism internet brawling.

Also tumblr is imploding on itself....and I have many, many feels that I won’t bore you all with. And that’s a lot of things to explain to bunches of people.

And it’s just upsetting like hey, tumblr, people need your website, don’t do this to us.

:(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also tumblr is imploding on itself....and I have many, many feels that I won’t bore you all with. And that’s a lot of things to explain to bunches of people.

And it’s just upsetting like hey, tumblr, people need your website, don’t do this to us.

:(

I don't use tumblr, so.... have no clue.

****ing PETA. I wish this was a joke :beat:

AF4C5A89-BFB1-4A5A-9552-E31039450AF1.jpeg

I shall take the bull by the horns to start a disagreement with PETA about how stupid this is. It will likely just end up with beating a dead horse, but I will be willing to be the guinea pig to start off this experiment in dissent against PETA. Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone, both pissing off PETA and learning who is a PETA fanatic so I can avoid them. At the end of the day, I will still be bringing home the bacon regardless of how this disagreement concludes.

Reactions: 13 users
lolz, the thing you have to know about PETA is they think any publicity is good publicity. So they intentionally make info graphics, etc. with controversial things on them meant to offend people, because they think said pissed off people will talk about them more, spreading their "message" in some way. And they'll keep doing it as long as people pay them any attention, because they seem to think this somehow helps them when really it just alienates even those who may be open to having a discussion about animal welfare.

Ignore PETA. Don't let them win :p

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But bagels are like toast. Absolutely horrible if plain.

Reactions: 1 users
you guys are making me want to break my low carb diet :rolleyes:

(which I would highly recommend if you're willing to make the lifestyle change, I've lost 25 pounds and counting)

you guys are making me want to break my low carb diet :rolleyes:

(which I would highly recommend if you're willing to make the lifestyle change, I've lost 25 pounds and counting)
Seriously awesome job, really proud of you

Please send me all your carb rations though, thanks, I will eat carbs for both of us

Reactions: 6 users
I went to bed hoping I’d feel better about tumblr. And other things...:confused:

However that did not happen. :bag:

When did SDN decide to get super ad-heavy and disorganized?

Pulling apart all the forums into sub-forums that show up before the regular forum is annoying.... we really need a sub-forum for the GRE and NAVLE, those were just fine being discussed where they were at. Plus the "confidential consult" that I still don't get the purpose of. ..don't need a link to it that is prior to the actual pre-vet forum.

And a banner for advertising above everything else.

Plus the annoying alert every time there's a new article to read which occurs at least daily if not multiple times.

Holy crap, turning into those news websites that you give up on reading because it takes longer to muddle through the crap than it does to read what you want.

I have always wanted get another dog to be a companion to my current doggo. I saw the PERFECT one posted for adoption yesterday and I can’t stop thinking about him... problem is my lease has a super dumb one pet per person rule. :rolleyes: If only I could find someone to let me adopt the dog and keep him in limbo until I move out!

When did SDN decide to get super ad-heavy and disorganized?

Pulling apart all the forums into sub-forums that show up before the regular forum is annoying.... we really need a sub-forum for the GRE and NAVLE, those were just fine being discussed where they were at. Plus the "confidential consult" that I still don't get the purpose of. ..don't need a link to it that is prior to the actual pre-vet forum.

And a banner for advertising above everything else.

Plus the annoying alert every time there's a new article to read which occurs at least daily if not multiple times.

Holy crap, turning into those news websites that you give up on reading because it takes longer to muddle through the crap than it does to read what you want.
OH HEY. I CAN PUT AN AD AT THE TOP FOR 100 BUCKS A MONTH. GONNA JUST PUT A BIG ONE OF MY FACE AND ALL OF YOU ARE GONNA BE FORCED TO STARE AT ME FOR A WHOLE MONTH.
Every post you make, every like you take. I’ll be watchin’ you
83CFBAB5-CE37-4FDE-B996-B05852E13C65.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users
OH HEY. I CAN PUT AN AD AT THE TOP FOR 100 BUCKS A MONTH. GONNA JUST PUT A BIG ONE OF MY FACE AND ALL OF YOU ARE GONNA BE FORCED TO STARE AT ME FOR A WHOLE MONTH.
Every post you make, every like you take. I’ll be watchin’ you
View attachment 243484
We both know damn well that you’re not going to put your own face on it.

Memes, however, are a different story.

B229C813-16CC-4C2F-884D-A43A24FDC882.jpeg

Reactions: 14 users
Not really a rant but a cringe and question...
Has anyone ever been just reading and realized that they recognize someone’s animal profile pic from FB and realize oh my gosh I know this person in real life...

Then they say cringe worthy things on the threads and you want to correct them, but also you don’t want to reveal yourself.

Anybody? No just me. Ugh, small undergrads are a blessing and a curse. Especially when like 0.2% of Biology peeps want to do vet school.

Reactions: 2 users
Not really a rant but a cringe and question...
Has anyone ever been just reading and realized that they recognize someone’s animal profile pic from FB and realize oh my gosh I know this person in real life...

Then they say cringe worthy things on the threads and you want to correct them, but also you don’t want to reveal yourself.

Anybody? No just me. Ugh, small undergrads are a blessing and a curse. Especially when like 0.2% of Biology peeps want to do vet school.
Aaaand this is why I've never used identifying avatars on SDN.
For that illusion of anonymity ;)

Reactions: 6 users
I have always wanted get another dog to be a companion to my current doggo. I saw the PERFECT one posted for adoption yesterday and I can’t stop thinking about him... problem is my lease has a super dumb one pet per person rule. :rolleyes: If only I could find someone to let me adopt the dog and keep him in limbo until I move out!

why'd you make a new account?! hope you're well - I got rid of FB several months back so I haven't been keeping track of anyone like I used to lol. I'd keep your dog in limbo if Gail wasn't a sketch ball with other dogs ♥