RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the ER the last Saturday of spring break because my IUD perforated into my bladder 😍👍👏

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
In the ER the last Saturday of spring break because my IUD perforated into my bladder 😍👍👏
1. I hope this all works out for you ❤️ That truly sucks. I'm much excited for my fallopian tubes removal in August so I don't have to worry about IUDs ever again.

2. I appreciate your sarcasm displayed with your emojis! 10/10

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
1. I hope this all works out for you ❤️ That truly sucks. I'm much excited for my fallopian tubes removal in August so I don't have to worry about IUDs ever again.

2. I appreciate your sarcasm displayed with your emojis! 10/10
Haha thank you so much! After I graduate I want a kid then my tubes removed. Birth control has always been a complete nightmare, but this takes the cake.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone I know told me not to do it, but my gynecologist pushed it hard and I regret.
I loved my IUDs prior to my accidental pregnancy. But it shifted, so here I am with a fetus 😅

• Care
I hope they were able to get you all fixed up quickly! That’s so scary.
I’ve already been discharged surprisingly. It’s all fixed up. I was on IV antibiotics there and I got some to take home along with pain meds.

I loved my IUDs prior to my accidental pregnancy. But it shifted, so here I am with a fetus 😅
The nurse thought it was funny to ominously read my pregnancy test by going “oh wow that’s interesting!” I felt my heart stop in my chest. Then he was like “just kidding it’s negative!” Ya I havnt heard many IUD success stories lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
The nurse thought it was funny to ominously read my pregnancy test by going “oh wow that’s interesting!” I felt my heart stop in my chest. Then he was like “just kidding it’s negative!” Ya I havnt heard many IUD success stories lol.
I honestly would have killed him.

My first IUD was actually super great. Zero regrets. But I also didn't have any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Two successful IUDs here, was a big fan. But I was happy to pass along the responsibility of birth control to my husband after my second kid. And then we decided to have a third. And now due to other medical things I think I'm getting my tubes out so he even gets to skip the vasectomy entirely.

Reactions: 1 user
even gets to skip the vasectomy entirely.
Mine offered to get a vasectomy instead. But I want to have the control on this one. Like, if I were to ever lose my husband and remarry, I definitely want to make sure there are no babies no matter what.

Probably going to have to get wrist surgery done, on top of getting my wisdom teeth out, and have to get my rabbits spayed. I'm having a wonderful time lol

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve already been discharged surprisingly. It’s all fixed up. I was on IV antibiotics there and I got some to take home along with pain meds.
Update the bacteria everywhere in my urinary tract was lactobacillus and the meds they prescribed me they were resistant to! So perhaps that’s why I still feel terrible

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
I do not know if I should ask for help about choosing between schools. One is 50k more expensive than the other( without interest because I have no idea how to calculate that with my predicament) but I can see myself being happy and truly being there versus in the other I felt like I had a bad experience of the school and state, don't really see myself going there and scared if I choose it I would be unhappy for the next four years. it sucks that i feel so torn about this decision because a lot of people say go to the cheapest school but I just don't know what to do. I don't want to post it cause I am scared is gonna make me sound ungrateful or I am bashing the school but after spending two days there and touring the school I already wanted to go home. I was very disappointed because I wanted to love it but I just I didn't get the same feeling I received when I compared it to the other school. i feel so alone.

Stupidly annoyed at hubs right now. You'd think it was his first time travelling. We're in Europe right now and went to dinner. He tipped. I wanted to shoot him. He knows better, idk where his brain cells went. Service sucked too. Like wtf.🤬
I even thought maybe I should remind him but though no there's no need he's a seasoned traveller. 🤦‍♀️

• Care
I’m in the middle of reviewing blood work of a cat that came in for a 15 min “recheck” appointment at 5pm (not really a recheck, just inappropriately scheduled with ongoing, serious health concerns that should have been re-evaluated in NOVEMBER). It takes the new VA 15 minutes to get a history and then three people take 20 minutes to get enough blood to run the tests. The receptionist comes back and says, “Room one is asking if she can go grocery shopping and come back.” It’s ten minutes before closing. This cannot be a serious question.

With my impending job change, I’ve entered the “I’m done being polite about this BS” phase at work.

• Care
Norway will forever be remembered as the country where I was attacked by a seagull. I was eating my breakfast sandwhich when a seagull flew from behind me, wing slapped me in the face, and stole my breakfast.😂

• Haha
  • Care
Norway will forever be remembered as the country where I was attacked by a seagull. I was eating my breakfast sandwhich when a seagull flew from behind me, wing slapped me in the face, and stole my breakfast.😂
I sympathize.

A seagull once stole my entire hotdog at Sea World once. It also flew in from behind, but didn't stop moving.

The sequel to Iron Flame won't come out till January 2025 😭 I saw rumors of a mid-August release, so I was going to get it as a labor gift to myself to have in the hospital when the baby comes. BIL/SIL will be taking over as soon as she's born, so I'll be sitting there for a few days not doing much and wanted this book!

• Sad
  • Haha
The sequel to Iron Flame won't come out till January 2025 😭 I saw rumors of a mid-August release, so I was going to get it as a labor gift to myself to have in the hospital when the baby comes. BIL/SIL will be taking over as soon as she's born, so I'll be sitting there for a few days not doing much and wanted this book!
After the poor print quality of the Iron Flame release and the holiday edition Fourth Wing last year plus all the negative comments online about how the author was rushing the releases, I’m not surprised they pushed it back that far. I do absolutely wish it was sooner, but I’m not too surprised.

Me, quietly reading book 15/16 of the Realm of the Elderlings series: Interesting...

Me, quietly reading book 15/16 of the Realm of the Elderlings series: Interesting...
Fair warning, I loved the Empyrean series so far, but it’s very “light” for fantasy. It’s definitely more romance heavy. There’s some world building and politics and war and stuff but I’d really say it’s ideal for romance readers who don’t usually read fantasy to try the genre for the first time. So if you’re looking for lots of intricate world building and classic/well-developed fantasy novel stuff that I imagine a 16 book fantasy series has (never read the one you referenced), you may be disappointed. It seems like Fourth Wing and the sequel are love it or hate it type books.

Fair warning, I loved the Empyrean series so far, but it’s very “light” for fantasy…I’d really say it’s ideal for people who don’t usually read fantasy to try the genre for the first time. So if you’re looking for lots of world building and classic/well-deceloped fantasy novel stuff that I imagine a 16 book fantasy series has, you may be disappointed.
I know a decent bit about it, it actually "got [my manager] back into reading" (her words) which I think is absolutely praiseworthy (then she bought ACOTAR on a whim with no idea what she was in for... I lent her Warbreaker for the other end of Fantasy Romance) but personally I'll probably look for another series or even standalone once I finish this one (until the next Stormlight Archive book is released).

Fair warning, I loved the Empyrean series so far, but it’s very “light” for fantasy. It’s definitely more romance heavy. There’s some world building and politics and war and stuff but I’d really say it’s ideal for romance readers who don’t usually read fantasy to try the genre for the first time. So if you’re looking for lots of intricate world building and classic/well-developed fantasy novel stuff that I imagine a 16 book fantasy series has (never read the one you referenced), you may be disappointed. It seems like Fourth Wing and the sequel are love it or hate it type books.
Agree with all of this. My husband and I have a slew of fantasy we could recommend. He bought me Fourth Wing and Iron Flame because he read dragons and griffins on the back cover and was like, "Yeah, she'll like this," without realizing there are spicy parts. :rofl: I did make the mistake of buying all the Bridgerton books and then realizing I don't like the book series nearly enough to own it. The Empyrean series is *much* better romance.

I preordered on Amazon bc it was only $19.99 and I can’t control myself

• Love
Petty complaint: our solar panel company lied about how the tax credit works 😡 So now we have to change a ton of financial plans we had

• Care
Petty complaint: our solar panel company lied about how the tax credit works 😡 So now we have to change a ton of financial plans we had
That is terrible! We almost got solar, but the claims seemed too good to be true.... And it turned out it would have been at least for our situations. I am sorry they lied to you. :(

That is terrible! We almost got solar, but the claims seemed too good to be true.... And it turned out it would have been at least for our situations. I am sorry they lied to you. :(
My MIL did some tax wizardry that partially saved it, thankfully. Just not as much as we thought.

Looking online, it seems a lot of people were mislead on how the tax situation works. Petty Bats wants to figure out how to file a complaint with the government and the company about this.

My MIL did some tax wizardry that partially saved it, thankfully. Just not as much as we thought.

Looking online, it seems a lot of people were mislead on how the tax situation works. Petty Bats wants to figure out how to file a complaint with the government and the company about this.
You can file a report with your state’s attorney general if you believe that a business has defrauded you.

You can file a report with your state’s attorney general if you believe that a business has defrauded you.
I don't think they defrauded us as they have no connection directly with the tax incentives. The dude made it sound like we would get the money as a tax refund rather than a tax credit. So we were anticipating all this money from a refund that isn't going to actually be refunded. Instead, it pays for the taxes we owe up to a certain percentage.

I cannot believe that I am still dealing with bullying as an adult in university. It's so frustrating. There is this girl I was kind of friends and with and that I unfortunately also work with at my summer job and she has fallen seriously down an intense social media political rabbit hole. Now she's been highly pressuring me to make politically motivated posts on social media, and when I explained that as someone entering a professional career that online politics isn't something I want to be involved in she made a big deal of my "silence violence", shouted me in the middle of the cafeteria, and then spent weeks following me around the campus harassing me for my ethnicity. I feel like this isn't even real sometimes. I reported it to my school but I'm just honestly stressing about what's going to happen at my job because I feel really lucky to have the position I do (zookeeping) and as it's a temporary position I really don't want to get involved in any drama that will make them want to terminate me early.
I hope your situation regarding this has improved. Following you around campus is stalking and she could be punished accordingly. However, I wanted to add on to something you said in this post. Am I the only one who thinks there is nothing wrong with being politically active online even when you’re a vet? I understand if you specifically don’t want to post online as personal choice, which is understandable. But this goes back to that discussion from a little while ago that healthcare professionals shouldn’t post pictures of themselves in bathing suits/bikinis. I can understand that to a degree. But we’re still people outside of our jobs are we not? Just my grain of salt.

Finally get to talk to a surgeon who believes I have the compression syndrome and a referral to a dietician to gain weight. Which is the standard treatment, and should be started ASAP after diagnosis. Failure of treatment within two months mean I would need surgery. Their next appointment is in August, 2 months after my follow-up with the surgeon. That would also be 5 months from the initial diagnosis. I feel like I'm withering away (because I basically am).

Other referral for another imaging study is next week. Hope they have a med student, because they'll probably never see a study like mine again.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Failed my pharm exam. I don’t know what happened I feel like my brain gave up.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Failed my pharm exam. I don’t know what happened I feel like my brain gave up.
It happens! In the grand scheme of things one exam is a minor stepping stone on a long road. Once the rawness wears off, try to really examine why and just try better on the next!

Reactions: 4 users
Fostering a puppy with mange the old owner tried to treat with “burnt motor oil” ….. Scrubbing that off was a trial in itself.

• Wow
  • Angry
Fostering a puppy with mange the old owner tried to treat with “burnt motor oil” ….. Scrubbing that off was a trial in itself.
Update: current diagnoses are scabies (with secondary bacterial infection), pneumonia, anemia, hookworms, underweight. Shockingly the motor oil did not in fact kill the scabies. Backyard breeders never cease to amaze me. Got simparica, interceptor, lime sulfur dipped, systemic antibiotics, strongid, lots of puppy food, fluids, and nebulized. She wants to play with my dogs so badly, but she needs to get better first 😂 Guess you can take the girl out of shelter med but not the shelter med out of the girl…

• Care
My program livestreamed my class' white coat ceremony and will not be livestreaming graduation, and I’m pretty angry about it.

I’m pushing back pretty hard so fingers crossed, but I don’t have much hope.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
My program livestreamed my class' white coat ceremony and will not be livestreaming graduation, and I’m pretty angry about it.

I’m pushing back pretty hard so fingers crossed, but I don’t have much hope.
So one of the many weak reasons that they gave me for not livestreaming is that "only a handful of people" ever tune in.

I know that's horse pucky, but let's say we extend them some grace and operate on the assumptions that 1) that's true, and 2) the number of people makes a difference, and 3) saying "only a handful of people" doesn't mean they feel that those people are not important enough to graduating students to warrant that accommodation.

Any SDNers willing to open a livestream window in the background of whatever you're doing and pretend you're watching me and @motheatenlysis graduate to bolster numbers so that future classes don't have to have this battle? It'll be on a Saturday morning.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
So one of the many weak reasons that they gave me for not livestreaming is that "only a handful of people" ever tune in.

I know that's horse pucky, but let's say we extend them some grace and operate on the assumptions that 1) that's true, and 2) the number of people makes a difference, and 3) saying "only a handful of people" doesn't mean they feel that those people are not important enough to graduating students to warrant that accommodation.

Any SDNers willing to open a livestream window in the background of whatever you're doing and pretend you're watching me and @motheatenlysis graduate to bolster numbers so that future classes don't have to have this battle? It'll be on a Saturday morning.
Oh I absolutely will open windows on every device I can find

• Care