Rapid Review vs Audio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesBond15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does the non-existent 125pg Goljan Audio Transcript compares to the Rapid Review book (3rd edition)?
125pg seems quite small compared to the 600pg Rapid Review. But I like the format of the transcript (actual sentences).

Members don't see this ad.

Completely different. You probably shouldn't base your studying on the transcript but on the book itself (Which will be more current). The imaginary transcript is good for just following along with the audio; IE its what I'll use when listening to a lecture while at the gym just so I don't get lost when he is talking for an hour, but for studying you can't do it without the RR book. Tables/charts are money as are the pictures, plus the super high yield blue points on the margins.

Completely different. You probably shouldn't base your studying on the transcript but on the book itself (Which will be more current). The imaginary transcript is good for just following along with the audio; IE its what I'll use when listening to a lecture while at the gym just so I don't get lost when he is talking for an hour, but for studying you can't do it without the RR book. Tables/charts are money as are the pictures, plus the super high yield blue points on the margins.

Do the non-existent audio cover all the needed points?

Do the non-existent audio cover all the needed points?

This non-existent audio is about a decade old and so any information that this audio, that may or may not exist, contains will be somewhat outdated except for all the basic fundamental stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
This non-existent audio is about a decade old and so any information that this audio, that may or may not exist, contains will be somewhat outdated except for all the basic fundamental stuff.

I believe it's 7 years old and M2 pathology is pretty much only basic fundamental stuff, so that's not really a problem.

Yeah it doesn't seem like much has changed. His audios are still as relevant as ever

I haven't had any problems with things being out of date. If you can basically just memorize every word that comes out of that guy's mouth, you will be on your way.

I try to listen to him twice. By the third time I can do it verbatim. Of course, there is more to know than just what he covers, and that is why we have to read all of these damn note packets with 5% useful material...

But between the path covered in class, the goljan lectures, then RR for any confusing areas... I'd say I'm doing alright.