This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TumorChick

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not a doctor, but I have a few questions I was hoping some neurosurgeons could possibly answer. I can't not find any information about it online and my neurosurgeon is stumped since it's so rare. The only information I can find is that there's only two reported in the world. In late 2014 I was diagnosed with what they thought was a Acoustic Neuroma, I had surgery to remove it on New Years Eve 2014 and the entire tumor was resected. Path reports showed it was actually a Ganglioneuroma. I was told it wouldn't grow back. Fast forward eight months. I had my yearly MRI early due to increased dizziness and memory issues and to everyone's surprise it grew back even larger then the last. These are supposed to be slow growing, benign tumors. Had it removed again a day before my 27th birthday November 5th, 2015. Path reports showed it was again a Ganglioneuroma. With my handy dandy Google research I found that they're most common in the abdomen. Mine was in a nerve in my brain. I've had middle fossa and translab surgery to have them removed. Do any of you know if they are reoccurring like this? These surgeries are extremely hard on me mentally and physically and I'd like to know if they're going to keep growing back. I've seen a few neurologists and they're stumped. I have no answers. Hopefully this is appropriate to post and someone can help. Wish I had a prize to give somebody if they could help since I can't seem to find help on the Internet or any doctors ;)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, this forum cannot be used for medical advice. You deserve an answer to your question, but those those answers must come from those caring for you -- not from some random folks on the internet. These rules are for your safety. I'm going to have to close this thread, and please refrain from asking for medical advice on SDN in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.