Rate my MCAT Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hrastio24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so my MCAT is on November 7 so this is my plan:

April, May : Review O-Chem Textbook, Do Nova Physics completely, EK Bio
study time: 1-2 hr a day
June, July, August : Begin Practice Passages: BR Physics, Gen Chem, O-Chem, Bio; TPRH Science Workbook/ TPRH Verbal Workbook
study time: 1-2 hr a day
September, October: AAMC Practice Exams (2 per week), another other FL's I can get my hands on
study time: 2-3 hr a day

Is this a good plan? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh btw, I will be working full time over the summer so I will have to stretch my studying over a longer period of time instead of the usual 3-4 months

We have the same test date! My study plan looks somewhat similar, but I'm spending a little more time (2-3 hours a day from now until August and 3-4 hours from August-1 week before the test).
I will say, my aunt told me don't bother with reviewing textbooks. Just get the study books and study from them, as half the things in a textbook won't help/far too detailed to study efficiently. If you took your coursework just brush up based off what you see on practice tests and in your prep books/course.

We have the same test date! My study plan looks somewhat similar, but I'm spending a little more time (2-3 hours a day from now until August and 3-4 hours from August-1 week before the test).
I will say, my aunt told me don't bother with reviewing textbooks. Just get the study books and study from them, as half the things in a textbook won't help/far too detailed to study efficiently. If you took your coursework just brush up based off what you see on practice tests and in your prep books/course.

Oh cool! I'm glad I can meet others on SDN who I can talk to about this. What study books are you using? I looked at some of the BR books and they look so detailed and thick...like a textbook lol. I also heard they have a bunch of extra information you don't need. I was planning on using a set of Examkrackers and using my textbook for reference instead. A lot cheaper too.

Right now I have a Kaplan book on BS Review Notes and VR Strategy & Practice that were passed along to me. I am going to get the Princeton Review set, a set of Examkrackers, and a new set of Kaplan. I also have some stuff someone passed along to me via dropbox. PM me and I will send it to you.
I made some simple terminology flash cards that I can review as I am out and about. Yesterday, I downloaded SDN MCAT Pearls on my iPhone as well.

I'm (hopefully) working full time as well over the summer, if not for sure in the fall, since I am about to graduate so I know this will be a long, arduous road to MCAT excellency!! All I've asked family and friends for as far as graduation gifts is MCAT books.
I'm glad to met you too!! Hopefully others post with feedback and their own study plans. I've been lurking and absorbing so much info, since I have a low gpa to worry about. I'm looking to take no more than twice, hopefully, and complete a SMP program while I go through the admissions cycle. I'll be retaking some classes as well during the next 2 years.