Rate My Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unless I get into Pharmacy school this year, which I doubt because I'm now pretty sure that my application was not received, this is my planned schedule. What do you guys think about it?

Summer 2008

Physics I(I took Physics for Pharmacy, but it doesn't count towards a Bio degree apparently.)

Cell Signalling

Fall 2008

Neuroanatomy
Human Functional Anatomy
Principles of Genetics
Introductory Spanish
Introduction to Visual Arts

Members don't see this ad.

Genetics was hard. It was a cake walk until Mendelian genetics, but it got progressively harder after that. I ended up with a B in it.

I've never taken Neuroanatomy, but why wouldn't you take it after Human Functional Anatomy? What I'm trying to say is that you should take a general anatomy class before you take Neuroanatomy. If you've already taken a class that's a lead-in to Neuroanatomy, then your schedule looks fine. You have a balance of hard and easy classes.

Is there a lab for Physics I?

Genetics was hard. It was a cake walk until Mendelian genetics, but it got progressively harder after that. I ended up with a B in it.

I've never taken Neuroanatomy, but why wouldn't you take it after Human Functional Anatomy? What I'm trying to say is that you should take a general anatomy class before you take Neuroanatomy. If you've already taken a class that's a lead-in to Neuroanatomy, then your schedule looks fine. You have a balance of hard and easy classes.

Is there a lab for Physics I?

Yes, there is a lab for Physics I.

I have taken Human Anatomy and Human Physiology before, but those courses was basically for Pre-Health Majors and doesn't count towards a Biology Degree. Their "numbers" were Bio 131 and Bio 132.

The one I'm taking now is geared towards Biology Majors, and goes more into the function, rather than the location. And I just finished Animal Physiology, which was really Human Physiology under another name, so that was an Easy A. (The professor is a bit squeamish and didn't like the idea of working with live animals.)

These are Bio 104 and Bio 125.

Neuroanatomy is a graduate level course, and I doubt that it will be offered in the Spring. Currently, there are only 2 people registered for the course, and it is basically a once a week class.

Bio 607.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, there is a lab for Physics I.

I have taken Human Anatomy and Human Physiology before, but those courses was basically for Pre-Health Majors and doesn't count towards a Biology Degree. Their "numbers" were Bio 131 and Bio 132.

The one I'm taking now is geared towards Biology Majors, and goes more into the function, rather than the location. And I just finished Animal Physiology, which was really Human Physiology under another name, so that was an Easy A. (The professor is a bit squeamish and didn't like the idea of working with live animals.)

These are Bio 104 and Bio 125.

Neuroanatomy is a graduate level course, and I doubt that it will be offered in the Spring. Currently, there are only 2 people registered for the course, and it is basically a once a week class.

Bio 607.
Can you take an undergrad Bio class instead of Neuroanatomy? I would avoid taking a graduate class at this point, because you don't want to lower your GPA. A graduate class could take up more of your time, which will leave you stressed to get As in the other classes.

If you absolutely love the idea of Neuroanatomy, take it. I took several interesting classes when I was in undergrad, e.g. Business German, Medieval German, German Film, Renaissance Ethics, and a few others. I wouldn't have passed up Business German for anything. I loved it! We did a presenatation about Haribo Gummibärchen and Lindt Schokolade. I have fond memories...

If you can find another class that will suit you instead of taking a graduate level course, take another Bio class or a class that will fulfill an odd pre-req for pharmacy school, i.e. Communications, Health Ethics, Economics, Accounting, etc.

Unless I get into Pharmacy school this year, which I doubt because I'm now pretty sure that my application was not received, this is my planned schedule. What do you guys think about it?

Summer 2008

Physics I(I took Physics for Pharmacy, but it doesn't count towards a Bio degree apparently.)

Cell Signalling

Fall 2008

Neuroanatomy
Human Functional Anatomy
Principles of Genetics
Introductory Spanish

I wish I could take Spanish so I can watch Argentinian telenovellas live. I already know some: "te quiero", "te amo", " la cama", would be cool to understand what they are saying though.

Seriously, your schedule looks good, your semester will be intense but not extraordinarily intense.

If they offered it, I'd be taking German, it would suck to get pulled over on the Autobahn and not know how to talk to the cop. Which by the way, if you get a ticket there, you gotta be able to pay it right there. They even have a credit card machine in the car, lmao.

If they offered it, I'd be taking German, it would suck to get pulled over on the Autobahn and not know how to talk to the cop. Which by the way, if you get a ticket there, you gotta be able to pay it right there. They even have a credit card machine in the car, lmao.
Credit card machine? That's funny!

When I was on the Autobahn, the speed made me sick to my stomach. We were going pretty fast in this little BMW (I would say about 100-110 MPH), and it felt like I was on a roller coaster.

It was worse the second time I had traveled on it, because I wasn't riding in a BMW. The car was really shaky, and I kept thinking that if we were to get into an accident, I'd be toast!

Since you like speed, you should travel on it one day. Who knows? Someone might even pass you up! :p

Yeah, my car starts to shake around 115 mph, with roads that we have here in New York, accidents are really probable at those speeds because a bump or a pothole could send you spinning out of control and into some foliage.

Germany spends more money on their road infrastructure, and the kind of material they use for the roads is special. I believe that they coat it with 4-6 layers of asphalt. With roads as smooth as a baby's butt, you could be doing 250 mph and you would be fine.

The drivers in Germany are much smarter too. Nobody ever stays in the left lane unless they are passing someone, something that annoys me to high hell over here is when I'm rushing by all the other cars in the left lane at 80+ mph, and then there is some ***** who is going 55 mph camping there in the left lane for no reason.

As for the classes, I'm gonna keep them the way they are, and I might drop the Neuroanatomy class based on how things go during the first 2 days. There is a high chance it gets canceled as well because there are only 2 registrants.

Summer 2008

Cell Signalling

Fall 2008

Neuroanatomy
Human Functional Anatomy
Principles of Genetics
Introductory Spanish

I give it a 9.6

Yeah, my car starts to shake around 115 mph, with roads that we have here in New York, accidents are really probable at those speeds because a bump or a pothole could send you spinning out of control and into some foliage.

I'm no car expert, but when you drive at 115 mph I'm guessing that accidents would be likely.

I'm no car expert, but when you drive at 115 mph I'm guessing that accidents would be likely.

Not necessarily, if you know what you are doing. I mean, obviously I won't be able to do these speeds when there are more than 5 cars occupying a 1/4 mile stretch of a road. Problem is, no one is trained properly in this country. I went to a Performance Driving School to learn how to drive. I imagined that all driving schools gave you experience at high speeds and taught emergency maneuvers, but my friends who went to the driving school that they have down the block, said that all they did was go 25 mph and just did whatever the instructor told them to do.

Speed doesn't cause accidents, it just increases the force of the accident.

Well, Physics seems to be no problem except for the fact that this professor no longer allows formula sheets and he has banned graphic calculators. He didn't ban it for storing information, but because he wants people to remember the quadratic formula.

Cell Signaling is harder than I thought it would be, but the professor is really nice.

This is my new fall schedule, I dropped Neuroanatomy and replaced it with another graduate course. There are really no biology courses in the undergraduate level that interest me. All of them have labs involved, I already have 2 laboratory classes(Human Functional Anatomy and Genetics).

So yeah, its the same as last time except I added Molecular Biology of Infectious Diseases.

This is my main question. What is more important and will be better at getting you into Pharmacy school? Awesome grades with an easy schedule, or good grades with a difficult schedule.

This is my main question. What is more important and will be better at getting you into Pharmacy school? Awesome grades with an easy schedule, or good grades with a difficult schedule.

Well, its debatable, but I would say awesome grades with the easier schedule. The adcoms may not be able to tell the difficulty of a course on a transcript but they can certainly tell a good grade from a bad one.

Well, its debatable, but I would say awesome grades with the easier schedule. The adcoms may not be able to tell the difficulty of a course on a transcript but they can certainly tell a good grade from a bad one.

Well yeah, 4 Cs and an A is not as good as 3 As. But I'm saying something more like 3 Bs, and 2 As, versus 3 As.

I visited Wiscosin while in the military and they make you pay your tickets on the spot too or you have to go to jail until someone brings the money! I would stay in jail LOL