RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Guess who is getting real TV back tomorrow? That's right-this girl! I'm so excited.

Just got back from orientation BBQ!!! It was so much fun. I can't wait to start school with this amazing class of 2016!!!!!!

I have working electrical outlets and a working water heater!!! :soexcited:

Now, if I could just get them to fix the washing maching, stove/oven, and door then things would be great. :D

I have working electrical outlets and a working water heater!!! :soexcited:

Now, if I could just get them to fix the washing maching, stove/oven, and door then things would be great. :D

It's a start!

I am finally confident that my dog is housetrained. I wasn't sure before, because since I got her in November I've pretty much just been not giving her a chance to screw it up by taking her out really often. She's deaf and has some level of brain dysfunction so sometimes it's hard to gauge how much is actually getting through (though she learns hand signals very well!). She was just in the middle of playing with one of the cats, and all of a sudden she stopped cold and ran to me, pawed at me and ran to the door and sat down, and I opened it and she went right outside and eliminated and I am just way too excited about dog pee and poop! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am finally confident that my dog is housetrained. I wasn't sure before, because since I got her in November I've pretty much just been not giving her a chance to screw it up by taking her out really often. She's deaf and has some level of brain dysfunction so sometimes it's hard to gauge how much is actually getting through (though she learns hand signals very well!). She was just in the middle of playing with one of the cats, and all of a sudden she stopped cold and ran to me, pawed at me and ran to the door and sat down, and I opened it and she went right outside and eliminated and I am just way too excited about dog pee and poop! :laugh:

Yours is way harder to train, but trust me. I was soooo excited the first time Ivy walked to the door and sat there waiting for me to take her out.

(Of course I didn't realize that she finally got it and didn't do anything about it, so she pooped into the living room. But I was very excited later! :laugh:)

United finally returned my bag (see rant thread)- ALL OF MY STUFF IS IN IT!!!!!
Also, still having a really good time with army boy, though he is quite chatty when he drinks.
Also, might have an adorable picture of him nearly asleep on the couch with Lily curled up next to him.

Also, still having a really good time with army boy, though he is quite chatty when he drinks.
Also, might have an adorable picture of him nearly asleep on the couch with Lily curled up next to him.

D'awwwwww. :love:

How sweet!!!

Just want to say my new vet school friends are awesome. We had small group activities today (we each ended up in different groups). My group leader somehow thought that we weren't supposed to be done until like 10 minutes after we finished. By that time almost all the food was gone and the lunch meeting had already started. I grabbed some food, but my friends had already gotten some for me (the same kind I had gotten for myself) and then two of them went looking for me in case I was lost. I felt so loved. :love: I'm glad to have friends that have my back already. :)

How sweet!!!

Just want to say my new vet school friends are awesome. We had small group activities today (we each ended up in different groups). My group leader somehow thought that we weren't supposed to be done until like 10 minutes after we finished. By that time almost all the food was gone and the lunch meeting had already started. I grabbed some food, but my friends had already gotten some for me (the same kind I had gotten for myself) and then two of them went looking for me in case I was lost. I felt so loved. :love: I'm glad to have friends that have my back already. :)

Yay, that is awesome!

I found out that my family is cool this week. Never really spent extended time with my cousins until this week and we've had a blast! Its nice to be able to love your family for more reasons than because they are family.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Yay, that is awesome!

I found out that my family is cool this week. Never really spent extended time with my cousins until this week and we've had a blast! Its nice to be able to love your family for more reasons than because they are family.

Your news is awesome too! I've never had any relatives anywhere near my age, but I think my family is awesome.

New best friend! :D:D:D:D:D
A poof! But for those interested it was me loving a black and white ruffed lemur! His name is Faley!

Last edited:
My coworkers kept saying today that I look like I've lost a ton of weight. I decided to weigh myself, which I haven't done since I started my job, and I've lost 20 pounds since the end of March! I'm still big but I'm slightly less big. Plus I keep losing weight especially now that they changed my job to make it even more physically exhausting.

Oh wildcat, I love me some black and white ruffed lemur!

Also, congrats hedgie!

I didn't get a chance to go check the mail yesterday so I just did. Had a letter with my employee ID for my university in it. Yay! I got a second job! I may actually be able to afford to eat in the coming months.

I didn't get a chance to go check the mail yesterday so I just did. Had a letter with my employee ID for my university in it. Yay! I got a second job! I may actually be able to afford to eat in the coming months.

:thumbup: :claps: :highfive:

I know that feeling, all of my grocery shopping has been placed on my credit card... :scared:

Just got back from the clinic. The horses are doing well, and one in particular is much improved since yesterday. I don't have to go in for the rest of the day, so I'm going to go see Batman and do a Guinness tour. And I actually have a day off tomorrow! :soexcited: :D

Went dog supply shopping for the new "puppy" today! Collar (with cupcakes on it!), harness, leash, and dishes are all pink!

And picked out a new name yesterday: Athiri.
They're a kind of Greek wine grapes--wanted to go something wine-related, because good wines get better with age and she's an older girl. Plus it sounds girly!

Off now to the hardware store to look for a bathtub faucet sprayer attachment for her baths.

My awesome boyfriend just bought me a new desk on Amazon!

My boyfriend has that desk in black! Uses it all the time.

Yay! The black was significantly more $, so I settled on the silver one.

Yay! The black was significantly more $, so I settled on the silver one.

I like the silver more, actually! His is a couple years old at this point.

And a rave from me: Did a white coat photo shoot earlier and got ferret kisses in one photo. :love:

Love love love ferrets! Precious picture!

D'aww! Ferrets are adorable and that picture is adorable!

Trilt!!! That pic is adorable! And so are you and your ferret :D

Going to post a really cute picture for about an hour....

Puppy and Army

Last edited: