RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Two years ago, I sold my heart horse to a wonderful woman who adores her and while it was one of the hardest things I ever did, I'm so glad she has such an awesome life with said person. I haven't seen said mare since because she lives pretty far away, but her new human sends me pictures and we email on occasion. Anyway, with vet school applications behind me, I'm finally making plans to go see her this spring and I am soooooo excited about it. I miss that horse so much and I love that her owner is so welcoming and excited for me to drive up.

Here's some pictures of cute mare just 'cause I'm happy and she's adorable:love:

View attachment 214666

View attachment 214667

I'm trying to find someone to free lease my fat yellow one. My parents love her too much to let me sell her (which I don't want to do anyways) and my friend has all but adopted her as apart of her herd

Members don't see this ad.

It's interview day!! I think I'm the only person who is excited for this and doesn't think of it as a chore, but this is the closest to a ResLife sort of thing I can help with and am so excited!!
Interview days are fun, I think everyone who helped out here had a good time :D

Do you guys have to help? It was volunteer based for us.

Reactions: 1 user
Had a really sad case about almost 2 months ago where we diagnosed an 11 month old puppy with suspected renal dysplasia. He came in with a Creat of 9.8 and a BUN of 225. At one point, the owners were considering euthanizing him due to the overall prognosis. He ended up doing very well clinically so I discharged him on all the kidney things with a creat of 6.8.

The little guy is doing effing amazing. He's in great spirits, eating his k/d like a champ and his Phos has normalized and his most recent BW showed a creat of 4 and a BUN of 37 with just daily SQF. And he just celebrated his first bday and his owners are adorable and asked if they could give him a cake. My internmate and I are going to send him a belated bday card.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Three raves:
1) I finished clinics!
2) Today I matched at my first choice internship, U of MN!
3) I'm doing monkey surgery at USAMRIID, Ft. Detrick, MD (The place that, through a book, inspired me to be a scientist in 8th grade) and it's counting toward finishing my MPH next month>

Reactions: 21 users
3) I'm doing monkey surgery at USAMRIID, Ft. Detrick, MD (The place that, through a book, inspired me to be a scientist in 8th grade) and it's counting toward finishing my MPH next month>

Heyy, you are RIGHT in my neck of the woods! I almost got a summer gig at USAMRIID but it ended up falling through :(

Two years ago, I sold my heart horse to a wonderful woman who adores her and while it was one of the hardest things I ever did, I'm so glad she has such an awesome life with said person. I haven't seen said mare since because she lives pretty far away, but her new human sends me pictures and we email on occasion. Anyway, with vet school applications behind me, I'm finally making plans to go see her this spring and I am soooooo excited about it. I miss that horse so much and I love that her owner is so welcoming and excited for me to drive up.

Here's some pictures of cute mare just 'cause I'm happy and she's adorable:love:

View attachment 214666

View attachment 214667
She is beautiful ... look at her run!

Just took a nap with my dog on the couch. I was little spoon.

Reactions: 13 users
It's interview day!! I think I'm the only person who is excited for this and doesn't think of it as a chore, but this is the closest to a ResLife sort of thing I can help with and am so excited!!
I'm getting my res life fix by working the front desk at a residence hall on campus. :D

Glad you're having fun helping with interviews! I hope everyone who interviewed did well.

Interview days are fun, I think everyone who helped out here had a good time :D

Do you guys have to help? It was volunteer based for us.

Volunteer based. Quite a few of us helped today, too!

99% sure I saw you today

Blonde in the white vest and pants with black heels? That was me!

Reactions: 2 users
Handing out the first half of the alphabet's name tags around 11? (And also being caught off guard when catching that microphone box thing in the 2 pm info session?)

Totes me. Lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes I was the one who Dr. Foreman inverted my water bottle over my head when talking about computer warranties hahahaha

(IM SO GLAD I ALWAYS SCREW THE CAP ON TIGHT)

Yeah...... He does that..... Regularly...... Lol

My husband is out of the country for work and super busy but he still thought to buy me a beautiful necklace for Valentine's Day and have it sent to me! We had discussed waiting till he got home to celebrate but I guess he wanted to surprise me. So happy :love:

Reactions: 1 users
Yay birthday twins!! :soexcited:

Didn't know where else to put this, so I'll put it here!

Anyone going to WVC in Las Vegas next month? I'll be there if anyone wants to meet up!

I can finally start blasting Prince on Spotify! :D

tumblr_m7tcl7gv9c1qhhrf5o4_400.gif

Reactions: 3 users
I just destroyed my biochem 2 (metabolism) test!! I'm feeling really good about it. :soexcited:

(Also I'm really happy that by senior year, I'm finally liking and understanding my biochem major regardless of the fact that I tell myself I'm going to drop out/ switch majors every other day). It's been a good end to a LONG week.

Reactions: 9 users
I just destroyed my biochem 2 (metabolism) test!! I'm feeling really good about it. :soexcited:

(Also I'm really happy that by senior year, I'm finally liking and understanding my biochem major regardless of the fact that I tell myself I'm going to drop out/ switch majors every other day). It's been a good end to a LONG week.
Good work on biochem2 test!

cat-ion.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
Holy ****. Just leaving the clinic. 17h day.

Totally. Worth. It.

I saw clients and made my plans and the doctors just checked them and never even made a change. Because I know things. Omfg.

And I spayed a pyometra using a ligasure. Fasted I've ever spayed a dog and it was a pyo. 13 min pyo spay! Lol

Today was awesome.

Reactions: 21 users
I told myself if I got accepted this cycle I'd get a tattoo to remind me of the patients/cases that taught me a lot about the field and why I want to be in it. So, with owners' permissions, I did. Finished it yesterday and I'm loving how it turned out.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN1487416061.657186.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN1487416061.657186.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 110
  • ImageUploadedBySDN1487416095.155435.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN1487416095.155435.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 108
  • ImageUploadedBySDN1487416103.455889.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN1487416103.455889.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: 14 users
I told myself if I got accepted this cycle I'd get a tattoo to remind me of the patients/cases that taught me a lot about the field and why I want to be in it. So, with owners' permissions, I did. Finished it yesterday and I'm loving how it turned out.

That's incredible!