RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think at this point I own land in the shame corner. No point in sending me back home.
Elect egg for mayor of Shame Corner

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm the mayor for all, WW or not, ally. Eggs will rule supreme.
grlly.gif

Reactions: 4 users
If we can make AJ win, I will publicly disown my previous position and concede that Chili can have beans.
Dr. Silver Fox won tonight! He's in the final round now. He's up against Kyle Rudolph (which, as a professional football player for Minnesota's team seems a little unfair to me, but still). Voting closes 2/3 at 5 pm. Percentages are not shown in this round. :S

http://www.mytalk1071.com/manuary-2017/?group=248

Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 user
Dr. Silver Fox won tonight! He's in the final round now. He's up against Kyle Rudolph (which, as a professional football player for Minnesota's team seems a little unfair to me, but still). Voting closes 2/3 at 5 pm. Percentages are not shown in this round. :S

Yeah well Dr. Silver Fox was our nation's seventh president, so.

I'm sure he gets that all the time, but I can't believe no one's made a crack about his name on here.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah well Dr. Silver Fox was our nation's seventh president, so.

I'm sure he gets that all the time, but I can't believe no one's made a crack about his name on here.
I mean, Andrew Jackson was kind of crazy.

Although the stories about various people trying to assassinate him are hilarious.

Members don't see this ad :)
My neurologist finally listened to me about my visual changes and decided that migraine is not a diagnosis of exclusion. This shouldn't be a rave but after 2 months...

Reactions: 11 users
Thanks for the votes, people! AJ is in the final round: Please vote!

In add'n to the $1500 from the contest that would go to Frankie's Friends, another one of the docs at our facility - a fantastic IntMed doc - has pledged to match the $1500 if he wins.

Thank you for tolerating my many-round pleas for votes, all. Really do appreciate it.

Reactions: 9 users
I bet if someone posted about it on the APVMA page he would get a bajillion votes from there.

Thanks for the votes, people! AJ is in the final round: Please vote!

In add'n to the $1500 from the contest that would go to Frankie's Friends, another one of the docs at our facility - a fantastic IntMed doc - has pledged to match the $1500 if he wins.

Thank you for tolerating my many-round pleas for votes, all. Really do appreciate it.
Are they purposely hiding the vote percentage? Or is my browser failing me?

Your guess is as good as mine. I noticed that, but I don't know what is up. My guess - hiding the percentage for the final round?
I guess they might be trying to increase drama so people keep being drawn in to vote

Allowed myself to get talked into buying the $100 accident warranty for my laptop when I purchased it back in 1st year of undergrad.

Spilled tea on it and fried it last night, and it looks like that decision is going to save me $1000.

Laptop going goodbye would normally go in the rant thread, but my gratefulness at having warranty cover it far outweighs my unhappiness about not having a laptop for a few weeks.

Allowed myself to get talked into buying the $100 accident warranty for my laptop when I purchased it back in 1st year of undergrad.

Spilled tea on it and fried it last night, and it looks like that decision is going to save me $1000.

Laptop going goodbye would normally go in the rant thread, but my gratefulness at having warranty cover it far outweighs my unhappiness about not having a laptop for a few weeks.
YAYYYYYYYYY
to the saving money.

Was there any way for them to get any of your stuff off it?????

That's such a relief! That's good that it's saving you all that money!! I'm sorry it spilled in the first place

YAYYYYYYYYY
to the saving money.

Was there any way for them to get any of your stuff off it?????
Haven't called the service people yet; figured I'd give it 1 day of hanging upside down to dry out, and try to turn it on again. If that fails I'll bring it in to see what the techies can salvage of what I had saved on there.

I came here to post that he won! Looks like the news is out though. A few people on a veterinarian-only facebook group I'm in has been asking people to vote for him too, and it showed up in my newsfeed that he won.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you mean...

NO MORE CHILI CONVERSATION FROM @LetItSnow?!? :heckyeah:

BRB I'm throwing a party. :hardy: And we are serving absolutely no chili.

(Also congrats to your coworker on the charity donation, it's a great cause and he should be proud of himself!)
But first, the confession!

If we can make AJ win, I will publicly disown my previous position and concede that Chili can have beans.

Beans. Beans are fantastic. The ancient ways are fine for those who wish to remain in the dark ages, but the rest of us will enjoy the new world in which chili can have beans or not, but remain chili none the less.

Reactions: 10 users
Finally got to see my grad student photo that will get used for any seminars I give, when I graduate, etc., and it's one of the only photos I have of myself that I actually like!

It's a little thing, but the week has been one where I needed little things like that.

I kind of want a video statement. While he eats bean-filled vegetarian chili. :p

I think that is fair. I will make it happen. Sort of. I just agreed to concede that chili can HAVE beans. Not that it is vegetarian. But video it shall be.

I think that is fair. I will make it happen. Sort of. I just agreed to concede that chili can HAVE beans. Not that it is vegetarian. But video it shall be.
This is a great day for SDN America and will be a huge step forward in the Chili Peace Talks.

I came here to post that he won! Looks like the news is out though. A few people on a veterinarian-only facebook group I'm in has been asking people to vote for him too, and it showed up in my newsfeed that he won.

That is Donnell. She is one of "our" (I work for a different company, but we work so closely....) dentists. Amazing woman - positive, enthusiastic, a teacher heart.....

She has been posting in one large FB group and I have posted in another.

THANK YOU ALL for the votes. In the end, because of matching donations, around $4500 was raised for Frankie's Friends - not just the $1500! You all rock!

Reactions: 20 users
So I've been taking baby steps into getting healthy (because if I do big steps I lose lots of weight and then gain 1.15 times that back in like a month). So I stopped drinking soda/ 99.9% of caffeine (except for the occasional sweet tea because you can take a girl out of Texas but you can't take the Texas out of a girl) 2 weeks ago, and I just found out I lost 2 pounds without any other major dietary/ exercise changes!! So I'm taking this as a win!

So I've been taking baby steps into getting healthy (because if I do big steps I lose lots of weight and then gain 1.15 times that back in like a month). So I stopped drinking soda/ 99.9% of caffeine (except for the occasional sweet tea because you can take a girl out of Texas but you can't take the Texas out of a girl) 2 weeks ago, and I just found out I lost 2 pounds without any other major dietary/ exercise changes!! So I'm taking this as a win!
YAYYYYYYY GO CDO!!!!!!

I got out of bed before 5 PM today! I got dressed! I ate food that wasn't total garbage and I ate it before 9 PM! I cleaned my room! :soexcited:

I know these are all silly things but I'm taking what I can get right now. Somebody be proud of my minimal mastery of basic life skills.

Reactions: 12 users
I got out of bed before 5 PM today! I got dressed! I ate food that wasn't total garbage and I ate it before 9 PM! I cleaned my room! :soexcited:

I know these are all silly things but I'm taking what I can get right now. Somebody be proud of my minimal mastery of basic life skills.
YAY GO MEATHEAD!!

Spayed two 9 week old puppies today. After a month of non-stop in heat or pregnant dogs, a puppy spay was a welcome respite.