RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is sort of an accomplishment, so rave thread?

I ate 2 nearly full boxes of GS cookies yesterday. Samoas and tagalongs. And I still have a full box of Savannah Smiles waiting for me.

It's a really good thing girl scouts only sell cookies once a year ;)
I found some really good knockoff Tagalongs at Walmart last week, they were just the store brand but tasted pretty much the same! Only difference was the actual cookie was chocolate too. :hungry:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I found some really good knockoff Tagalongs at Walmart last week, they were just the store brand but tasted pretty much the same! Only difference was the actual cookie was chocolate too. :hungry:
Noooo I don't need to know this! I have so little self control, this knowledge is dangerous.

Reactions: 4 users
hush. The point is they're a sometimes food. :p
Noooo I don't need to know this! I have so little self control, this knowledge is dangerous.
So I guess now would be a bad time to mention Keebler makes 3 "knockoffs" that are apparently similar to tagalongs, thin mints, and samoas.....

So I guess now would be a bad time to mention Keebler makes 3 "knockoffs" that are apparently similar to tagalongs, thin mints, and samoas.....
I'm so relieved I don't recognize that brand name. If we have it here I don't know about it, and I feel like my waistline is that much more safe.

I'm so relieved I don't recognize that brand name. If we have it here I don't know about it, and I feel like my waistline is that much more safe.

You grew up without elf cookies?! And those cookies with M&Ms in them?! You have no idea what you're missing.

I'm kind of a cookie snob and don't like anything that's not homemade, but I make an exception for those. They're sweet and chocolatey and kind of taste like weird chemicals but they're also delicious.

Reactions: 1 users
You grew up without elf cookies?! And those cookies with M&Ms in them?! You have no idea what you're missing.

I'm kind of a cookie snob and don't like anything that's not homemade, but I make an exception for those. They're sweet and chocolatey and kind of taste like weird chemicals but they're also delicious.
**** no I know that brand

:p

Reactions: 2 users
Ya'll are really bad influences lol

I had never had the Halo ice cream until yesterday when I was at the store and saw it on the end freezer and thought "OMG SDN peeps were talking about this stuff."

It was really really good.

The only reason I'm not making myself feel guilty is that is got such amazingly few calories lol

Reactions: 9 users
Ya'll are really bad influences lol

I had never had the Halo ice cream until yesterday when I was at the store and saw it on the end freezer and thought "OMG SDN peeps were talking about this stuff."

It was really really good.

The only reason I'm not making myself feel guilty is that is got such amazingly few calories lol
The chocolate is my faaaavorite.
Not a huge fan of the base flavor of the cookie dough one personally (unless it was just my pint, it had some weird taste)

Edit: apparently the cookie dough base is a mocha/coffee flavor one, which explains why I don't like the base ice cream...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The chocolate is my faaaavorite.
Not a huge fan of the base flavor of the cookie dough one personally (unless it was just my pint, it had some weird taste)

I just got the cookies and cream. It was good. I'll try the chocolate!

I saw Halo Ice Cream in the freezer section of the grocery store. It was filled with nearly every single flavor (I looked up the flavors online).

A-ha! This is exactly what the pre-vet med forum on SDN has been raving about!

So, based on your recommendations, I purchased a pint of Halo Chocolate and a pint of Halo Mint Chip.

Both flavors were delicious - yummy good!

Halo.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I saw Halo Ice Cream in the freezer section of the grocery store. It was filled with nearly every single flavor (I looked up the flavors online).

A-ha! This is exactly what the pre-vet med forum on SDN has been raving about!

So, based on your recommendations, I purchased a pint of Halo Chocolate and a pint of Halo Mint Chip.

Both flavors were delicious - yummy good!

View attachment 217014

Hahahahahaha I wasn't the only one!

Seriously so excited to go back to the States and have some of this Halo Top ice cream everyone here has been talking about :)

Reactions: 5 users
Is there some Halo Top scholarship I don't know about? Just mention Halo Top on SDN at least once per day, and get $1,000 for vet school tuition! I thought vet students were supposed to be Purina shills, but I guess we've moved to ice cream. Not that I'm complaining.

I have yet to try it, but I want to! I'm always tempted when I see it stores. What's the best flavor to try first? I tend to like anything with chocolate, but sometimes low-cal chocolate stuff tastes weird.

Reactions: 9 users
Is there some Halo Top scholarship I don't know about? Just mention Halo Top on SDN at least once per day, and get $1,000 for vet school tuition! I thought vet students were supposed to be Purina shills, but I guess we've moved to ice cream. Not that I'm complaining.

I have yet to try it, but I want to! I'm always tempted when I see it stores. What's the best flavor to try first? I tend to like anything with chocolate, but sometimes low-cal chocolate stuff tastes weird.

The chocolate is delicious

oops thanks for reminding me I coulda lost out on my $1000 there Hey everyone! Buy Halo Top birthday cake flavor! :D

The chocolate is delicious
Agree 400% on the chocolate. I love it.
The cookie dough I'm not a huge fan of. The ice cream base has a weird flavor (unless it was just my pint, but I don't think so).

Edit: apparently the cookie dough base is a mocha/coffee flavor one, which explains why I don't like the base ice cream...

Last edited:
Agree 400% on the chocolate. I love it.
The cookie dough I'm not a huge fan of. The ice cream base has a weird flavor (unless it was just my pint, but I don't think so).
Chocolate is THE BEST.

I just had it with peanut butter added for funsies, and I wish I had another pint so I could eat more of it. Mmmmmmm.

Post-app trip to Thailand and Bali booked this summer! Hopefully I'll have earned it :p

Reactions: 4 users

I ate 2 nearly full boxes of GS cookies yesterday. Samoas and tagalongs. And I still have a full box of Savannah Smiles waiting for me.

I was so disappointed to find that the girl scouts here use the other bakery (i.e. not the one I grew up with). I want Do-Si-Dos, dammit, not peanut butter patties! I even tried a box of the other ones; they tasted like cardboard peanut butter sandwiches.

I was so disappointed to find that the girl scouts here use the other bakery (i.e. not the one I grew up with). I want Do-Si-Dos, dammit, not peanut butter patties! I even tried a box of the other ones; they tasted like cardboard peanut butter sandwiches.
How dare you speak this libel against ABC Bakers?? You take that back!!!

It's my partner and I's three year anniversary. Went to a sushi dinner and now going home to enjoy this... !!
IMG_7803.JPG

I am also now two weeks into my new job. It's fast paced but well staffed, hands on, and there is comradery between DVMs, LVTs, assistants (my position), and receptionists. We have 5 DVMs who seem to really enjoy working together, ultrasound/digital xray/dental xray, a new dental scaler and drill, and they seem to really care about good pain management. Also kinda neat is an LVT and assistant live on premise. I really think this will be a good place to work until starting veterinary school (and possibly PT in school if I stay IS). Yippee!

Reactions: 10 users

Hey man, I gave them a chance. They weren't worth my hard earned resident four dollars. I had Do-si-dos when I was visiting my parents the previous week before I bought them, so my taste memory was recent, too.

I see all the people joining the Halo Top club and I feel like this. (I wish there was sponsorship money involved).
a72e4ea2471b8d281c3f13bf94699cc7.gif

Reactions: 7 users
Also @cdoconn they have a product locator on their website! You can type in your address and it will show you which stores in your town carry it (and what flavors they might have).

I wish I wasn't super allergic to dairy or else I would be all over Halo Top :(

Hey man, I gave them a chance. They weren't worth my hard earned resident four dollars. I had Do-si-dos when I was visiting my parents the previous week before I bought them, so my taste memory was recent, too.
Such a shame!! Peanut Butter Patties were my childhood! I sold cookies for close to 9 years!!
Also @cdoconn they have a product locator on their website! You can type in your address and it will show you which stores in your town carry it (and what flavors they might have).
OOoh I'll go check that then!

ABC BAKERS IS **** AND LITTLE BROWNIE BAKERS IS WHERE IT'S AT. YOU DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER AND THAT'S FINE, BUT LBB IS SO MUCH BETTER.

Reactions: 3 users

Funny, my rave has been that I've been able to avoid GSC completely.

I see all the people joining the Halo Top club and I feel like this. (I wish there was sponsorship money involved).
a72e4ea2471b8d281c3f13bf94699cc7.gif
This is so funny to me because I've spent the last few months converting my peers and coworkers to HaloTop, so seeing everyone on SDN go apesh*t over it is strangely vindicating :laugh:

...I don't love halo top. Tried a couple flavours because my old roomie wouldn't shut up about it and it just doesn't do it for me. Not creamy enough. I tend to just buy the teeny ben and jerry's every once in a while.

...I don't love halo top. Tried a couple flavours because my old roomie wouldn't shut up about it and it just doesn't do it for me. Not creamy enough. I tend to just buy the teeny ben and jerry's every once in a while.
I tend to let mine melt a little bit before eating, seems to help make it creamier.

I got a pint this week too, after seeing EVERYONE here talk about it. Not super impressed. And it was more expensive than a pint of Ben and Jerry's.

I got a pint this week too, after seeing EVERYONE here talk about it. Not super impressed. And it was more expensive than a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
I've tried vanilla, chocolate, and cookie dough and the chocolate is BY FAR my favorite of the three, but has to soften first so it gets creamy. I do hate that its more expensive than ben and jerrys, but I feel less guilty when I eat the whole pint in one sitting

The hubs is a huge Halo Top fan, but they lost my vote by making the cookie dough base a mocha/coffee flavor. Cookie dough is the only flavor worth eating and they ruined it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The hubs is a huge Halo Top fan, but they lost my vote by making the cookie dough base a mocha/coffee flavor. Cookie dough is the only flavor worth eating and they ruined it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
THATS WHY I THINK IT TASTES LIKE ****. I do not like coffee anything. I only took a teeny bite of the base of the cookie dough and it was gross to me but that being the base flavor explains it a lot more...

I've tried vanilla, chocolate, and cookie dough and the chocolate is BY FAR my favorite of the three, but has to soften first so it gets creamy. I do hate that its more expensive than ben and jerrys, but I feel less guilty when I eat the whole pint in one sitting

I'm typically at pretty low risk of eating an entire pint at once - it usually lasts me 3-4 sittings - so I think I'd rather just have the good stuff/cheaper stuff rather than the low-calorie stuff.

I'm typically at pretty low risk of eating an entire pint at once - it usually lasts me 3-4 sittings - so I think I'd rather just have the good stuff/cheaper stuff rather than the low-calorie stuff.
Most ice creams I'm pretty good at not eating the whole pint, but there are some days where I just need the whole pint haha. So this makes me feel less guilty. I do still buy and eat regular, cheaper ice creams too. I'm a bit of an ice cream addict..... oops

Ok, all you Halo Top people...when reading the ingredients list, and the nutrition label, it has sugar alcohols. Has anyone had any issue with those? tummy wise?