RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My parents are visiting today and they'll probably buy me groceries. Yay!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Today is our 10 year anniversary, and tomorrow we are headed out on a vacation to celebrate it. :)

And I'm over here googling "how to try to not kill your husband because you're trying to clean the house and he wants to play Pokemon for a while and then maybe help a little which turns into other projects and"...

Reactions: 8 users
I think I found a place to live during vet school that accepts my zoo!! It's small but cheap and in a decent location, what more could you ask for?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I made the most delicious cream cheese frosting today for my adorable st Patrick's day cupcakes. I cut it with cool whip so it wouldn't be too sweet and it was perfect
@jmo1012 hey, you didn't share any of your delicious cupcakes with us. :hungry:

Seeing RENT tonight!! After studying most the weekend for an exam tomorrow, I am SO EXCITED to kick back!

Reactions: 2 users
Seeing RENT tonight!! After studying most the weekend for an exam tomorrow, I am SO EXCITED to kick back!

One of my friends is a swing with the touring show! It's such a great production I hope you love it!!

Reactions: 1 users
This quarter ends on Thursday. I can't wait to finally be able to breathe again. I miss all you SDN folks. Spring Break is so close. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: 9 users
One of my friends is a swing with the touring show! It's such a great production I hope you love it!!

That is incredible!!! I used to be a theater kid and I dreamed about being Mimi since I was 6 years old. This was my 4th time seeing it and tonight's production was stunning! I'm ready to go again!

I'm seeing that in October! It comes to Ft Worth in October and it's one of my favorites!!

It was so good!!! I hope you enjoy yours in October! I actually looked up all the cast before the show so I got to "know them" a little. Amazing talent.

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed phys! I passed phys! It was touch and go there for a bit. Now I never have to see that professor again. SO FREAKING HAPPY!
That's AWESOME!!!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
I've been having a rough couple of days BUT I just realized they added the first season of Mystery Science Theater to Netflix :love:. I hope I'm not the only one loving this.

Reactions: 5 users
How they watch things in MST3K is basically how I watch every movie and TV show so it appeals deeply to me :p
haha me too. I know it irritates my husband but I think I'm funny... that's what matters right??

haha me too. I know it irritates my husband but I think I'm funny... that's what matters right??
Same here! My husband doesn't mind it, until we're watching Star Trek together. That show is hilarious, and the things I say about it are even more hilarious. It's not my fault he takes it so seriously. :p :hilarious:

Same here! My husband doesn't mind it, until we're watching Star Trek together. That show is hilarious, and the things I say about it are even more hilarious. It's not my fault he takes it so seriously. :p :hilarious:
I can be (and usually am) quiet during movies, but if I get even the smallest reaction out of someone I'll crack jokes until they die. I spent the entirety of Star Trek Beyond making jokes about how much the villain looked like an angry aloe vera plant because it made my friend laugh and she didn't know anything about Star Trek anyway. :p

I also give... interesting horror movie commentary.

Reactions: 5 users
1) I gave my notice at work. So far no major blowback but I wimped out and framed it as leaving for family reasons.
2) I have a job offer on the table. And another potential in the wings.
3) My housemate was remarkably understanding.

Reactions: 15 users
1) I gave my notice at work. So far no major blowback but I wimped out and framed it as leaving for family reasons.
2) I have a job offer on the table. And another potential in the wings.
3) My housemate was remarkably understanding.
I need to give my notice at work still and I'm a little afraid ...

Haha which series? My boyfriend and I have been watching TNG since his mom got us hooked on it at Christmas. We're in season 3 now, and luckily we both enjoy MST3K-style commentary during it.

Haha which series? My boyfriend and I have been watching TNG since his mom got us hooked on it at Christmas. We're in season 3 now, and luckily we both enjoy MST3K-style commentary during it.
TNG, mostly. The original sometimes. I just can't take DS9, it's too weird. So when my commentary bugs him too much, my husband puts on DS9 and then I have to go watch something else.

Reactions: 3 users
TNG, mostly. The original sometimes. I just can't take DS9, it's too weird. So when my commentary bugs him too much, my husband puts on DS9 and then I have to go watch something else.
haha I love this. Whenever I watch MST with my husband and he's really into the movie he doesn't say anything during my commentary but I frequently find him watching the movie later without me...

I didn't know it was possible to take TNG seriously... but it's a fun show! DenofGeek.com has some pretty amusing reviews of it.

I survived Internal Medicine! WHOOO HOOOO!! :soexcited:

Goodbye 14 hour days, helllllllllooo fun and laid-back derm and behavior elective!

Reactions: 13 users
Halo Top Birthday Cake Ice Cream. And when the whole pint = 280 calories, you can't really feel guilty about eating it all.
Halo Top is my favorite. With its high protein, I don't even feel guilty about eating it for dinner. :p

Halo Top is my favorite. With its high protein, I don't even feel guilty about eating it for dinner. :p

It's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I couldn't find it easily last year, but pretty much every grocery store here has it. The place by work tends to have more flavors, so I'll have to check out there from now on in order to try new ones. And I've definitely eaten it for dinner before.

I survived Internal Medicine! WHOOO HOOOO!! :soexcited:

Goodbye 14 hour days, helllllllllooo fun and laid-back derm and behavior elective!
I am on Derm/Behavior right now and it is the most glorious rotation. Sometimes I wonder how derm is an elective...it's going to be most GPs bread and butter. Behavior...I could take it or leave it.

It's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I couldn't find it easily last year, but pretty much every grocery store here has it. The place by work tends to have more flavors, so I'll have to check out there from now on in order to try new ones. And I've definitely eaten it for dinner before.

Peanut butter cup is still my favorite flavor :love:

I love using it to make protein shakes for breakfast. Halo Top adds that extra little bit of icy creaminess. :D

Ohhhh, that's an idea I hadn't thought of. Although I feel bad about blendering things at 6 AM while my roomies are still sleeping so I tend to just make overnight oats for breakfast.

I hadn't thought of that either. But I don't like yogurt so I will definitely try the HaloTop smoothie. I have half a pint of Strawberry that might go very nicely.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I'm used to super creamy ice cream, so Halotop is still growing on me in terms of eating it straight. But it goes amazingly in protein shakes for that reason.

Yeah, I understand that - I'm moving in less than a month to my own place and so looking forward to being able to make a shake at 6am!

Rave of my own - for the first time in my memory, I've had three good days in a row. If you're happy and you know it, shake your meds. :p Course, by saying it out loud I've now jinxed myself to horrible depression for the rest of the week, but meh.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm used to super creamy ice cream, so Halotop is still growing on me in terms of eating it straight. But it goes amazingly in protein shakes for that reason.

Yeah, I understand that - I'm moving in less than a month to my own place and so looking forward to being able to make a shake at 6am!

Rave of my own - for the first time in my memory, I've had three good days in a row. If you're happy and you know it, shake your meds. :p Course, by saying it out loud I've now jinxed myself to horrible depression for the rest of the week, but meh.

You didn't say it you typed it ;) I hope the rest of your week is excellent!

Think I'm going to see it tomorrow night as my first date since my breakup right after graduation. Kind of nervous for it, actually. Haha.
It's perfection. You'll love it!

I found the Birthday Cake HaloTop tonight when I went to get a pizza for dinner. I bought that one and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I tried a taste of both just now and birthday cake is good, but I think I like the cookie dough better. They didn't have peanut butter cup. We'll see when I eat more than one bite. Also, my name is Jayna and apparently I have an ice cream problem. They're all half eaten (aside from the two I bought tonight that are in there), but this just shows restraint in not eating the whole thing in one sitting, right?

FullSizeRender.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
I found the Birthday Cake HaloTop tonight when I went to get a pizza for dinner. I bought that one and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I tried a taste of both just now and birthday cake is good, but I think I like the cookie dough better. They didn't have peanut butter cup. We'll see when I eat more than one bite. Also, my name is Jayna and apparently I have an ice cream problem. They're all half eaten (aside from the two I bought tonight that are in there), but this just shows restraint in not eating the whole thing in one sitting, right?

View attachment 216561
They're only a couple hundred calories, so it's not horrible if you do. :p