RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Over 1.5 years after getting it started, my tattoo is finally finished!!! I love it so so so much and my artist did an amazing job. :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Saturdays at work are the best. :D The pathologist brings breakfast food to share, it's a short day, and if there's nothing to do I get to sit in the office and just hang out. I don't even mind having to get up early for this.

Reactions: 5 users
Babydog had her second agility trial today - the first one away from "home". 2 out of 3 Qs, didn't look twice at any of the new equipment/sights/smells. I was pretty dang proud of her. Even if she did try to "visit" the judge and ring crew mid run... Whoops!

Attachments

• cpe trial 2.jpg
    cpe trial 2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: 14 users
Babydog had her second agility trial today - the first one away from "home". 2 out of 3 Qs, didn't look twice at any of the new equipment/sights/smells. I was pretty dang proud of her. Even if she did try to "visit" the judge and ring crew mid run... Whoops!
Yay!!!! Good job! (Also, she's super duper cute and I will still take her if you ship her to me)

Long time ago in my 4-H days, I once had my husky begin his state fair agility trial by sprinting wide circles around the ring for a good 2 minutes. Good thing we primarily went there for utility obedience class (he rocked it for being a stubborn husky) and not agility :laugh:

Congrats on your ribbons today!!

Long time ago in my 4-H days, I once had my husky begin his state fair agility trial by sprinting wide circles around the ring for a good 2 minutes. Good thing we primarily went there for utility obedience class (he rocked it for being a stubborn husky) and not agility :laugh:

Congrats on your ribbons today!!

First event it took us longer to stay at the start line than it did to run the whole course! She was so distracted by being in a new place she kept wandering off to visit, sniff the walls, eat the footing... Luckily the timer didn't start until we finally took the first jump!

Reactions: 1 user
First event it took us longer to stay at the start line than it did to run the whole course! She was so distracted by being in a new place she kept wandering off to visit, sniff the walls, eat the footing... Luckily the timer didn't start until we finally took the first jump!

This is how I imagine our first trial will go if we get to the trialing stage at any point. :laugh:

My older girl Athena was an agility champ....but like any IG, she was more interested in fun and praise than pleasing the owner.

One trial at a hot California event I put her on start line pointed to first obstacle and she looked at me like I was insane and then just walked off the course.

Worse was at IG nationals when she saw a big movie camera (they filmed the trial) she ran up to it and posed. Never saw a camera she didn't like.

She usually either finished in first or didn't finish at all. She was a handful. Most of the fault lies with me...she was awesome, just didn't like it when I screwed up, and covered a lot of my mistakes.

I once asked my coach to run her, but she wouldn't do it. Said Athena wouldn't run for anyone but me. Definitely not a border collie or Aussie shepherd.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My older girl Athena was an agility champ....but like any IG, she was more interested in fun and praise than pleasing the owner.

One trial at a hot California event I put her on start line pointed to first obstacle and she looked at me like I was insane and then just walked off the course.

Worse was at IG nationals when she saw a big movie camera (they filmed the trial) she ran up to it and posed. Never saw a camera she didn't like.

She usually either finished in first or didn't finish at all. She was a handful. Most of the fault lies with me...she was awesome, just didn't like it when I screwed up, and covered a lot of my mistakes.

I once asked my coach to run her, but she wouldn't do it. Said Athena wouldn't run for anyone but me. Definitely not a border collie or Aussie shepherd.

I didn't know you were an agility dude! That's awesome.

Ivy is very particular about who she will run for. My trainer friend, who taught our puppy class and frequently pet sits? Ivy says no way. Random small child in our class? Absolutely, will do anything he asks. One of my best friends? Sure, but only if she has cookies, and then every jump gets knocked over because she's watching the cookie hand, not where she's going. Our agility trainer? No way, why run when you can get snuggles and lick faces instead.

Reactions: 3 users
I survived 40 hours of overnight ICU shifts this weekend! :coffee::dead::coffee:

Whooo! Now on to catching up on sleep, and finishing up the last few days of this exhausting block of clinics!

Reactions: 9 users
Got all moved into our new place, Texas is flipping hot... But the tex mex, OMG, so good!

Finally heard back from my internship and my vacation day to be a bridesmaid in a wedding back in Missouri was approved!!!! This is a huge stress relief, I didnt want my dress to be a wasted purchase!

Reactions: 11 users
Finally got my license in the mail! :banana:
I'm legit!
I overnighted my official transcript a few days after graduating to my board and have been calling for updates and emailing for the last two weeks. Finally got someone on the phone and they yelled at me because "veterinary isn't in today," I don't know how I was supposed to know that :(

Reactions: 2 users
I overnighted my official transcript a few days after graduating to my board and have been calling for updates and emailing for the last two weeks. Finally got someone on the phone and they yelled at me because "veterinary isn't in today," I don't know how I was supposed to know that :(
Still waiting on the pretty version for framing, but at least I've got the license number for signing rabies certificates. I had no idea it would take so much time. Your board must be getting a lot of calls if they're yelling at you for asking innocent questions!

Still waiting on the pretty version for framing, but at least I've got the license number for signing rabies certificates. I had no idea it would take so much time. Your board must be getting a lot of calls if they're yelling at you for asking innocent questions!
Yeah, an internmate told me they sounded swamped :( I need my license number because I start on Monday and I still need to apply for my CSR and DEA... I get very antsy about these kinds of things.

Yeah, an internmate told me they sounded swamped :( I need my license number because I start on Monday and I still need to apply for my CSR and DEA... I get very antsy about these kinds of things.
At my program a couple people's licenses didn't come in until the second week or so. It wasn't a really big deal because there's so much orientation stuff the first few days. You can't be the only person on the medical records, but hopefully there's some overlap with the outgoing interns and they or the faculty can be the doctor of record until your license comes in. It wasn't a huge deal since we were supervised so heavily at first. Yeah it's stressful and I totally get it, but these places should be used to the uncertainty as to when licenses come through since they do it every year. I didn't have to apply for DEA since we had one person's license everyone at the practice was allowed to prescribe under so I can't comment on that.

At my program a couple people's licenses didn't come in until the second week or so. It wasn't a really big deal because there's so much orientation stuff the first few days. You can't be the only person on the medical records, but hopefully there's some overlap with the outgoing interns and they or the faculty can be the doctor of record until your license comes in. It wasn't a huge deal since we were supervised so heavily at first. Yeah it's stressful and I totally get it, but these places should be used to the uncertainty as to when licenses come through since they do it every year. I didn't have to apply for DEA since we had one person's license everyone at the practice was allowed to prescribe under so I can't comment on that.
I agree with you, that it shouldn't be a big deal as they likely deal with this year after year plus I have a bigtern for a week. That being said, we've had three reminder emails about getting our licenses taken care of, so I'm just a little worried. I like having things squared away and boxes checked off ;)

I can honestly say that I like my loan servicer. They're always very helpful in putting me at ease about my mountain of student debt and when I make an oopsies on my IBR re-certification document.

So, everything in the house buying process worked out! We closed on Monday and just finished unpacking our relocubes (which I highly recommend if you are moving, btw). Our dog loves his new fenced in backyard. Now just hoping we get out security deposit back from our rental.

Reactions: 6 users
I saw RENT on stage tonight...SOOOO AMAZING. :biglove::biglove:I've loved the soundtrack since like 7th grade, so great to finally see it live!

Got all moved into our new place, Texas is flipping hot... But the tex mex, OMG, so good!

Finally heard back from my internship and my vacation day to be a bridesmaid in a wedding back in Missouri was approved!!!! This is a huge stress relief, I didnt want my dress to be a wasted purchase!
Texas is pretty hot- I live there too! Wooo. But it's nice not having super cold winters! And of course the TexMex is amazing! So good!

Pet Insurance is the Latest Work Perk.

Some 5,000 companies, including Microsoft, Yahoo, Xerox and Hewlett-Packard, now offer pet insurance, sometimes covering part or all of the costs, in an effort to lure talent but also to recognize the strong emotional bonds between people and pets.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/07/...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=1

I hope more workplaces begin to offer pet insurance benefits to their employees. It's long overdue. :cat:

Reactions: 12 users
We had two new grads start at work this week... it is simultaneously the best affirmation that I've learned something this last year of work that I've ever had, and terrifying that they keep asking me questions like I know things.

Haha. :help: :laugh:

Reactions: 21 users
Pet Insurance is the Latest Work Perk.

Some 5,000 companies, including Microsoft, Yahoo, Xerox and Hewlett-Packard, now offer pet insurance, sometimes covering part or all of the costs, in an effort to lure talent but also to recognize the strong emotional bonds between people and pets.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/07/...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=1

I hope more workplaces begin to offer pet insurance benefits to their employees. It's long overdue. :cat:
My boyfriend's company offers pet insurance, which I think is a great perk! Also, it's a super dog friendly environment where there seems to be at least one dog in your immediate vicinity at all times!

There were THREE 24" pizzas (omg they're massive) at work today for lunch for ~25 people.:heckyeah:

So I just stuffed my face with delicious, free pizza.:soexcited:

So I'd consider that a rave.

Reactions: 9 users
The past couple weeks have been exhausting as I've been dealing with some personal stuff and on top of that work has been insane...

Yesterday, I was at my apartment where I went to undergrad, packing some last things. I went to pitch some stuff in the dumpster and found a kitten. Tiny little thing. Guessing 6 weeks. Anyway, the past 24 hours have been so much fun. She's delightful and I've smiled more than I have in awhile. I needed this cat, I think.

Reactions: 12 users
The past couple weeks have been exhausting as I've been dealing with some personal stuff and on top of that work has been insane...

Yesterday, I was at my apartment where I went to undergrad, packing some last things. I went to pitch some stuff in the dumpster and found a kitten. Tiny little thing. Guessing 6 weeks. Anyway, the past 24 hours have been so much fun. She's delightful and I've smiled more than I have in awhile. I needed this cat, I think.

If you weigh him/her you can get a rough estimate of age :) I tell people ~1lb per month of age.

If you weigh him/her you can get a rough estimate of age :) I tell people ~1lb per month of age.

That would be pretty consistent with my guess then...I weighed her at work and she's 1.4 lbs.

How can you make a post like this without pics?!?

Reactions: 10 users
How
can you make a post like this without pics?!?

Post is USELESS without pictures

Dang you're totally right lol. My bad. My bad.

She'd probably ride around in my scrub pockets all day if I didn't have to...you know...actually work.

IMG_8558.JPG

She climbed up on the base of the lift table like it was Pride Rock or something.

IMG_7347.JPG

Just a tad smitten for this kitten.

Reactions: 22 users

She'd probably ride around in my scrub pockets all day if I didn't have to...you know...actually work.

She climbed up on the base of the lift table like it was Pride Rock or something.
omg how adorable. I'm in love with that kitten. She's adorable!

View attachment 220146

View attachment 220147

Awe she's a cutey! It's funny, I had a feeling it was an all black kitty.

View attachment 220146

View attachment 220147

@mmmdreamerz ... very glad you found the little kitten. She needed YOU!

She is gorgeous - loved seeing her "roar" on top of Pride Rock, too. :)

View attachment 220146

View attachment 220147

Omg...She is precious :love:

I think animals have a way of finding us when we need them and they need us the most. #furbabyfate