RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't help but LOVE my new job working for biomedical engineering (even though it's only been the first week). It makes me want to become a lab animal vet that much more!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
We haven't talked about Halo Top enough lately! Went to Tom Thumb in a wealthy part of town and I found Halo Top Heaven!

View attachment 219096

Halo Top went on sale for like <$3 at my cousin's grocery store. and they built a pyramid out of how many tubs they bought. even halo top commented on instagram. lol .

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Halo Top went on sale for like <$3 at my cousin's grocery store. and they built a pyramid out of how many tubs they bought. even halo top commented on instagram. lol .
That's beautiful! Life goals right there. My mom's hard core dieting right now and we passed the ice cream isle and I looked for it and found the 14 flavor heaven. She was interested because low calorie. And she only ate a spoon full. Idk. I eat it by the pint and she ate one spoon of it and was satisfied.

Got a job interview in a human doctor's lab tomorrow, and hoping they don't care that I'm only available for the summer!
As a follow up, a one on one interview turned into an ambush panel interview after like 25 minutes of talking 1 on 1. It was kind of a pain going back over all the same stuff and answering the same questions over again. One of the late comers loved that I know my way around a microtome, but the other was pretty annoyed that I could only commit to being fulltime over the summer and had no clue what my schedule for the fall would be like. It was the first time that I can remember having an openly hostile interviewer.

oh well, I still have my hopes for a spot with the usda

I am. Currently in the middle of the pacific.

Sad about the halo top tho
@SkiOtter ... hope you're having a wonderful time in the Pacific! :)

island.gif

Reactions: 1 users
There's a 50th anniversary production of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead at The Old Vic theatre right now, and my local theatre was doing a NT live showing tonight. I've been planning to go since I heard about it months ago, but things conspired against me last minute and I didn't make it. I just found out a city near me will be playing an encore in June, so I'll get to see it after all! I'm excited. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
DONEEEEEE! Finished first year of vet school!!!!! I'm amazed by how much I learned... but soooooo ready to start my vacation! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
So my stray rescue kitty went to his new "foster" home last night...pretty sure their gonna foster failure him haha. I'm so so so happy for him even though I'm a tad sad too. He's a really cool cat and deserves a long happy life, which he'll definitely get in his new home!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Earlier this week I did my first successful blood draw, I intubated an animal for the first time the other day, and my guy told me he loved me for the first time yesterday :love:

It's been a good week. :D

Reactions: 20 users
Earlier this week I did my first successful blood draw, I intubated an animal for the first time the other day, and my guy told me he loved me for the first time yesterday :love:

It's been a good week. :D
Yay Cephal0pod!!! Sounds like a good week!

Reactions: 1 user
Starting my banfield gig today. Hooray for summer employment!

Reactions: 8 users
Successfully did a sheep IV catheter today!! Need to work on intubating more though ;)

Reactions: 9 users
Visited our future kitten today!!! We are getting a Ragdoll! We picked out the little boy we wanted and he will be coming home in July! Now to pick out a name and get all the kitten stuff!!!
ImageUploadedBySDN1495488734.745123.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 22 users
Visited our future kitten today!!! We are getting a Ragdoll! We picked out the little boy we wanted and he will be coming home in July! Now to pick out a name and get all the kitten stuff!!! View attachment 219316

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Oh. my. GLOB! What an adorable bundle of fluff!!! :love:

How do you think the boys will do with a kitty in the house?

Hope you to see lots of cute kitty pictures!

Oh. my. GLOB! What an adorable bundle of fluff!!! :love:

How do you think the boys will do with a kitty in the house?

Hope you to see lots of cute kitty pictures!

The boys love kitties! We had two in the house from my roommate. My 80 pound boy is super gentle with them. I think they will be happy to have a kitty in the house again. July can't come fast enough!

Reactions: 2 users
This beautiful little tripod kitty is being adopted from my volunteer rescue group!

He was hit by a car and his right hind leg was amputated.
I left work to say good-bye to him; and shower him with love and affection ... one last time!!! :biglove:

He is super-sweet, social, playful and affectionate. His adoptive parents fell in love with him at first sight. He is going to his forever home tonight. Very happy for him!!!

Tripod - Today.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
Aww, @Doctor-S, that's so sweet! Congrats to Mr. Tipod Kitty! :love:

A minor rave of my own: I received my case assignment for the oncology case report I'll be writing over the summer and according to the clinician, if all goes well, there is a very very good chance of it getting published and me getting my name in a journal. While I did a decent amount of research and paper writing in undergrad, none of it was ever formally published or anything really beyond poster and oral presentations at a few conferences, so I find the prospect of finally getting authorship super exciting!

Way to go SANDY that's awesome!!!!!!!! That'll look so good no matter where you go. What type of vet do you want to be? Are you still in to avian medicine/pathology?

I just received 2 monetary awards from my school today - 1 for leadership, 1 for mentorship. It's been a great day! Drop in the bucket for that OOS tuition, but still! Nice to be recognized. :)

Reactions: 17 users
Update on doctor: took more blood, as long as bloodwork comes back WNL, we're good to have surgery! :soexcited:
Bloodwork came back WNL! Lymphocytes were high, but low enough to clear me for surgery!!! I'm gonna be able to actually bite soon! :O I'm so excited!!

Reactions: 10 users
Received a nice hand written note from an owner who I had only met to euthanize their dog. Apparently they have the card I sent next to her picture. (Note to new grads, get your sympathy cards out. They matter to people)

Also found out today that after apparently not being charget the past 7 months for my dog's insurance the company has decided to not charge me at all for the year. I had called them to discuss this because I had only just received a cancellation notice but also received a check for my claim that I recently submitted. So none of it made sense. The lady yesterday agreed and I was pleasantly surprised by the email today stating I don't owe anything.

Reactions: 6 users
Bloodwork came back WNL! Lymphocytes were high, but low enough to clear me for surgery!!! I'm gonna be able to actually bite soon! :O I'm so excited!!
@cdoconn ... that's great news!

You've been waiting a long time; and soon you'll be able to celebrate!

When cdo is able to bite food, everyone is invited to my place for free pizza!!!

pizza3.jpg