RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Work area got remodeled. Previously we only had access to the internal work web. New computer has access to real internet. Now I won't be bored out of my mind when work is not killing me. Previously only the main lab had real internet. So excited! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Ok now show us him now
Oh my god. I’ll take him. 1234 Internet Street. I’ll be waiting.

Since @DVMDream is a rant here thread spoilsport ;) cute doggo pictures moved to the happy thread

@RedLauren this is him now
Snapchat-1253728164.jpg

@SkiOtter He does not ship well but if you come visit he will sleep on the pillow on top of your head

Snapchat-1898146483.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
Oh man that dog is wonderful. I have such a soft spot for border collies. <3

Lemme know if you needs one - I volunteer for a border collie rescue. We'll adopt them to a good home anywhere as long as we can get them there. ;)

ETA: I just saw the blurb under your name. West Coast Beeeeeeest Cooooooast

I'm just trying to get us to stop ranting about our adorable pets.

Just didn't seem appropriate, but by all means, go post them in rant thread, I'll assume you hate them... :p
They are real buttheads sometimes...

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Got notification yesterday that I won a veterinary scholarship I applied for in my hometown. It's not a whole lot of money, but every little bit helps!

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lemme know if you needs one - I volunteer for a border collie rescue. We'll adopt them to a good home anywhere as long as we can get them there. ;)

ETA: I just saw the blurb under your name. West Coast Beeeeeeest Cooooooast
I want one!

I CAN TOUCH THE GROUND WITHOUT BENDING MY KNEES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN JUST UNDER A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY BACK IS GETTING BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 12 users
I CAN TOUCH THE GROUND WITHOUT BENDING MY KNEES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN JUST UNDER A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY BACK IS GETTING BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What happened to your back ? Congrats!

What happened to your back ? Congrats!
Herniated disc and also stiff SI joint. It’s been almost a year since the disc (which I think it’s back in place?? Idek at this point. But I’ve had multiple steroid injections in my back (ow, do not recommend, but they eventually helped so I guess slightly recommend???), 5 mo of PT that did jack, chiro visits, etc
Not fun but I don’t need surgery so yay

Just booked my first moving company!!!!

(Normally I move by myself but my new apartment doesn’t have an elevator and there’s no way in hell I’m moving a couch and other furniture up to the third floor in the middle of July in Oklahoma)

BD15204E-42C1-4D28-840B-6D7186209904.gif

Reactions: 10 users

(Normally I move by myself but my new apartment doesn’t have an elevator and there’s no way in hell I’m moving a couch and other furniture up to the third floor in the middle of July in Oklahoma)

View attachment 236470
Oooooooh, exciting. How adult of you!

I just got my moving stuff sorted out. My bf is keeping all of the furniture we got for our apt we live in together. I'll be starting fresh with new stuff in Madison to cut down on moving costs.

Oooooooh, exciting. How adult of you!

I just got my moving stuff sorted out. My bf is keeping all of the furniture we got for our apt we live in together. I'll be starting fresh with new stuff in Madison to cut down on moving costs.
That’ll be nice!!

View attachment 236470
This was a spectacular Friends episode fyi

View attachment 236470
I should've done this, instead I'm heavily relying on male friends that may or may not be available. It'll be fun :D

This was a spectacular Friends episode fyi
I’m watching through it for the first time! So I’m excited! (just finished the Poker episode in season 1)
I should've done this, instead I'm heavily relying on male friends that may or may not be available. It'll be fun :D
Oh yikes! Best of luck!

If I could fly out there just to help you move I would :love:
Though, honestly less useful than large dudes lol

Okay I would say that except that this post is me:

View attachment 236482

“YOU WANT ME TO LIFT A BED? I’LL LIFT THAT BED WITH YOU IN IT!”

My brother just helped a physicist and historian (both of them are guys) move. It went like this:

Someone tries lifting a box, doesn't get it off the ground, declares "this one is going to take two people to carry!"

Brother walks over and picks it up easily. Everyone stares on in wonder. They leave everything over 40 pounds for him.

At least he felt useful :p

Reactions: 7 users
MY INSURANCE THAT COVERS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS COVERING MY RABIES VACCINES AND I HAVENT EVEN MET MY DEDUCTIBLE YET THIS IS A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 14 users

View attachment 236470

I did this for my move. You will not regret it. It was literally the best decision I made for that day.

I have TWO raves which is uncharacteristic of me. :laugh:

1. I just picked up my keys to my new apartment and I absolutely love it. It’s super cute and HUGE! And cheaper than my current apartment!

2. I got the call yesterday that I’ve been waiting for for a while now. (I hate that I had to use “for for” to make sense). Without going into too many details to save my sliver of anonymity, I’m going to be helping out in a popular SA ER for a couple nights, getting my feet wet! I’m really excited for that opportunity!

Reactions: 9 users
I'm done with residency!!!!!!
Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment!

I officially became a third year resident as of 5 pm...they're really throwing my to the wolves because my first 'chief block' where the faculty don't read reports after me starts Monday!

Reactions: 14 users
1. Found a new job who really wants to have me; it is a place I worked at prior to vet school and I never would have thought about working there before. Now I'm being offered to buy in in the next few years and I got offered a very generous package in addition.
2. Buying a house, holy crap
3. Moving in the next 1.5 months up closer to home
4. Going to SDCC tomorrow morning!
5. Only 1 more month of work with my boss who is being a dick about everything after I put in my notice.

Reactions: 9 users
MY INSURANCE THAT COVERS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS COVERING MY RABIES VACCINES AND I HAVENT EVEN MET MY DEDUCTIBLE YET THIS IS A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!
Any advice on how to make that happen? I keep running into brick walls over here.

Any advice on how to make that happen? I keep running into brick walls over here.
I was not expecting it at all. When Walgreens billed my insurance for the pre exposure rv, they told me it was covered and there was no copay. Which is quite a shock because I’m supposed to have to meet my deductible before my insurance even pays for anything. I’m still halfway expecting my insurance to sent me a bill in the mail :laugh:

I'm done with residency!!!!!!

Follow up: It gets EVEN better. Not only did I find a place to live in the city I'll be moving to later this summer, I found out yesterday that I PASSED MY BOARDS!!! :soexcited::biglove:
So unspeakably thrilled that I don't have to do that whole bit again next year!!!!

Reactions: 26 users