RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also I swear if that bunny is yet ANOTHER fire starter that ends up being Fire/Fighting type I'm going to die :hilarious:
Ohhh now I understand hubz's comment about it...I don't know my pokemon very well

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Sopple I think? It looks like a chameleon!
Sobble! Lol close. And yeah they didn’t specify what kind of reptile except saying lizard I believe. But it was invisible in the water in the trailer WHICH WAS COOL.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hubz sent me a pic of the starters this morning :) Cute but I can't figure out why the bunny one has a bandage on its nose ;)
Lol I wondered that too! I kind of equally like them all at this point but I usually base my decisions on the whole evolution line before I pick. Like the last gen I loved Litten and Torracat but I could not stand that they made Incineroar on two legs so I picked Rowlett lol.

Wait, is there a new Animal Crossing Gane coming out for the switch too? Because if yes then I definitely need to save up for one haha

Wait, is there a new Animal Crossing Gane coming out for the switch too? Because if yes then I definitely need to save up for one haha
I believe so, I don’t think they’ve officially announced it but I think they’re going to....soon?

Reactions: 1 user

YES! It's the main reason I bought a switch. No official release date but I think it's going to be this year

I believe so, I don’t think they’ve officially announced it but I think they’re going to....soon?

YES! It's the main reason I bought a switch. No official release date but I think it's going to be this year
I tried to explain to my roommates once why I loved Animal Crossing so much, but I don't think I explained it well

"You basically just get to be nice and have friends and go fishing and breed flowers. Also I always got stung by bees because I wouldn't stop looking for money in trees. And I guess sometimes I would hit ugly neighbors with a butterfly net so they would move away. It's relaxing!"

Reactions: 8 users
I tried to explain to my roommates once why I loved Animal Crossing so much, but I don't think I explained it well

"You basically just get to be nice and have friends and go fishing and breed flowers. Also I always got stung by bees because I wouldn't stop looking for money in trees. And I guess sometimes I would hit ugly neighbors with a butterfly net so they would move away. It's relaxing!"
that’s pretty much the best description of the game

Sometimes the universe steps in and gives you a hell of a birthday present!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!! :D (thank you today)

Mammary tumors in dogs are generally benign and NBD if caught early. I just came off a repro rotation and we discussed all of this in depth. It seems the main reason to spay and neuter dogs is that owners can’t be trusted to be responsible with intact animals.

Cats are a different story imo, and I see more valid reasons for spaying and neutering.

All that said, I would absolutely recommend spaying and neutering to almost all pet owners. There are a rare few very responsible owners that I think could keep an animal intact.

Repro rotation in Ivory tower isn't comparable to what we see in GP. Mammary tumor are a big deal in GP, even the benign ones. Plus pyo risks. Most Joe Public out there don't have a few grand to keep removing masses and to do a pyo surgery. The benign masses still cause significant harm with how large and ulcerated they become. I've seen an ulcerated mass break into a large enough vessel that the dog was bleeding to death.

Sorry to break up the current discussion, but... I am currently waitlisted at 3 schools with no acceptances and have been freaking out about a backup plan if I don't get accepted off of the waitlists. Then today the veterinarian I work for offered me a full time position paying $20 an hour for a year if I don't get in!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 19 users
Repro rotation in Ivory tower isn't comparable to what we see in GP. Mammary tumor are a big deal in GP, even the benign ones. Plus pyo risks. Most Joe Public out there don't have a few grand to keep removing masses and to do a pyo surgery. The benign masses still cause significant harm with how large and ulcerated they become. I've seen an ulcerated mass break into a large enough vessel that the dog was bleeding to death.
No, I get that, and I said I would still recommend spaying and neutering for just about all clients for a variety of reasons, but there are instances where I think it may be ok to leave an animal intact.

I think I got booked in this past week to spend a week at UCDavis during one of my vacation blocks!! :D (I haven't heard from their admin yet, but the vet whose service I'll be on says it's a go)

Reactions: 7 users
Stop by say hi :hello:
For sure!! (of course that would require actually knowing who you are/where to find you ;) ) I'll be there in late October.

SO i've been thinking about adding another grebe to my body. i currently have an eared grebe and baby on my shoulder. i love it but it makes me sad that i can't see it. i'd like to add a western grebe (+ baby, obviously) and i'd the WEGRs to kind of add to the EAGRs, instead of being a completely separate tattoo (if that makes sense). but i don't want to put it on my back again since both my tattoos are on my back and i want to see them!!! so i was thinking of putting it on my upper arm, because the EAGR is on my R shoulder, "swimming" to the right. so if i put a WEGR on my right arm it could still be kind of "with" the EAGR.
inkbox sells long-term temporary tattoos (they last like 2 weeks) and you can design your own!! and they're having a sale right now (buy one, get one 50% off). so i bought a pre-deisgned puffin and "designed my own" WEGR. (by "designed my own" i mean that i imported an image into an template off of the internet... i didn't actually draw anything myself) i just grabbed a kind of tribal looking WEGR drawing off google image, and it's not actually the style i super want, esp bc i feel uncomfortable getting tribal style tattoos when i have no personal connections to any culture where that style would be represented (even though i actually love their aesthetic). so i figured that this would be a fun way to a) check out that placement and b) be able to have a temporary tribal-looking tattoo without feeling like i am perpetuating cultural appropriation by getting a permanent tribal design on my body (i know that it probably is still slightly appropriative, but it was best looking WEGR drawing i could find that copied well into the tattoo template - the real tattoo would be a realistic, colorized illustration off of a photograph, but the photos didn't transfer as well into inkbox's template)
so I'm super excited!!! the custom templates take a little longer, so it probably won't be here for over a month, but YAYYYY!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
SO i've been thinking about adding another grebe to my body. i currently have an eared grebe and baby on my shoulder. i love it but it makes me sad that i can't see it. i'd like to add a western grebe (+ baby, obviously) and i'd the WEGRs to kind of add to the EAGRs, instead of being a completely separate tattoo (if that makes sense). but i don't want to put it on my back again since both my tattoos are on my back and i want to see them!!! so i was thinking of putting it on my upper arm, because the EAGR is on my R shoulder, "swimming" to the right. so if i put a WEGR on my right arm it could still be kind of "with" the EAGR.
inkbox sells long-term temporary tattoos (they last like 2 weeks) and you can design your own!! and they're having a sale right now (buy one, get one 50% off). so i bought a pre-deisgned puffin and "designed my own" WEGR. (by "designed my own" i mean that i imported an image into an template off of the internet... i didn't actually draw anything myself) i just grabbed a kind of tribal looking WEGR drawing off google image, and it's not actually the style i super want, esp bc i feel uncomfortable getting tribal style tattoos when i have no personal connections to any culture where that style would be represented (even though i actually love their aesthetic). so i figured that this would be a fun way to a) check out that placement and b) be able to have a temporary tribal-looking tattoo without feeling like i am perpetuating cultural appropriation by getting a permanent tribal design on my body (i know that it probably is still slightly appropriative, but it was best looking WEGR drawing i could find that copied well into the tattoo template - the real tattoo would be a realistic, colorized illustration off of a photograph, but the photos didn't transfer as well into inkbox's template)
so I'm super excited!!! the custom templates take a little longer, so it probably won't be here for over a month, but YAYYYY!!!!!!
Pics of your current tattoo? ;)

IMG_8284.JPG
i was wrong. its swimming to the left :rofl::rofl::rofl:
this is what happens when i can't see my own tattoo!!! :bigtears:

(that pic is from when i just got it done, so that's why its red and angry haha)

Reactions: 14 users

(that pic is from when i just got it done, so that's why its red and angry haha)
I love it! The colors are really cool

You’re probably the only person to have a grebe tattoo, which is cool. And that aside, that’s a REALLY good tattoo. Whoever the artist is, they’re awesome!

If you happen to like the simple/bold design styles of tribal tattoos but aren't comfortable with the appropriation issues they entail, try asking your tattoo artist about possibly messing around with a geometric style for the grebe. You might land on a cool tattoo design out of it without messing around with the appropriation issues of tribal patterns :)

Although I do see that you other tattoo is much more realistic, so I'm not sure what types of styles you tend to gravitate toward. Regardless, go with what makes you happy! Your other grebe tattoo is fabulous by the way

If you happen to like the simple/bold design styles of tribal tattoos but aren't comfortable with the appropriation issues they entail, try asking your tattoo artist about possibly messing around with a geometric style for the grebe. You might land on a cool tattoo design out of it without messing around with the appropriation issues of tribal patterns :)

Although I do see that you other tattoo is much more realistic, so I'm not sure what types of styles you tend to gravitate toward. Regardless, go with what makes you happy! Your other grebe tattoo is fabulous by the way
yeah i really like geometric designs too. i almost wanted my original eardy to be geo, but i fell in love with the photo its based off of and didnt think that a geometric design would do the baby and the feather in the mouth justice lol
i feel like ill probably keep the western grebe in the same style so that the 2 tattoos kind of stay "together" (esp since i want it on my arm and not my back)
but I've also been playing around with ideas of a geometric gull at some point.... (but I'm trying to space each tattoo out by a few years, so that is a ways away)

but also, the artist has unfortunately died, so i need to find a new artist. maybe this is my chance to get a geometric grebe lol

DECISIONS DECISIONS lolol

yeah i really like geometric designs too. i almost wanted my original eardy to be geo, but i fell in love with the photo its based off of and didnt think that a geometric design would do the baby and the feather in the mouth justice lol
i feel like ill probably keep the western grebe in the same style so that the 2 tattoos kind of stay "together" (esp since i want it on my arm and not my back)
but I've also been playing around with ideas of a geometric gull at some point.... (but I'm trying to space each tattoo out by a few years, so that is a ways away)

but also, the artist has unfortunately died, so i need to find a new artist. maybe this is my chance to get a geometric grebe lol

DECISIONS DECISIONS lolol
Go to Jamie Sawyer at Sacred Space in Ottsville, PA. That’s like her style and she does tons of animals. Sacred Space Tattoo Studio

It’s finally starting to feel like not winter!!

I don’t dare say the s word yet and jinx it.
We've had beautiful sun the past few days and I feel like I don't even know what this ball in the sky is anymore.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm pretty excited about the new things we're trying for my dog's allergies. She just had a bath tonight with new shampoo (it didn't make her skin freak out!!!) and we're making some changes to her flare-up care routine that will hopefully get a better response.

She's SO SOFT right now, so that's a rave all by itself. :love:

Reactions: 10 users
For sure!! (of course that would require actually knowing who you are/where to find you ;) ) I'll be there in late October.
The official invitation email from Davis arrived yesterday. Assuming I don't mess up the paperwork this is really happening!!! :D :banana:

Reactions: 7 users
The official invitation email from Davis arrived yesterday. Assuming I don't mess up the paperwork this is really happening!!! :D :banana:
I'm trying to get a rotation out there too, it's in the beginning of 2020 though so I haven't emailed yet

I’ll be there end of September (also barring paperwork)!

I'm trying to get a rotation out there too, it's in the beginning of 2020 though so I haven't emailed yet
I’ll be there end of September (also barring paperwork)!
I've been chatting with their service chief for about three years and she's been trying to get me out there. Sometimes it's worth cold calling people by email... you just never know what kind of reception you're going to get!

I've been chatting with their service chief for about three years and she's been trying to get me out there. Sometimes it's worth cold calling people by email... you just never know what kind of reception you're going to get!
What service will you be on? I’m going to look at their anatomic pathology residency and to hopefully show I’m a great applicant.

What service will you be on? I’m going to look at their anatomic pathology residency and to hopefully show I’m a great applicant.
Clinical nutrition! (I was joking with one of the surgeons yesterday that I'm happy to be hopefully going into a discipline that doesn't involve cutting things up...)

I'm finally presenting my thesis today! 2.5 years of research is paying off!!!!

Reactions: 13 users
So glad I found the Pomodoro timer technique- it's been helping me so much today as I cram for as much as I can!!

Also found out last week that my research internship this summer will most likely be on sand tiger sharks :love:

Reactions: 8 users
Was kind of bummed when the internal scholarship awards notification went out last month and I didn’t get a notification for one....there was one I was dead sure I would get (3rd year, resident of my county, that sort of thing). Pretty disappointed.

Except I got notification TODAY that I did in fact get an internal award, and it was the one I was most optimistic for!

So yay for that. The only thing I’m scratching my head over was why did I get notification so late...? Two days before the awards luncheon?? o_O:shrug:

Reactions: 10 users
Was kind of bummed when the internal scholarship awards notification went out last month and I didn’t get a notification for one....there was one I was dead sure I would get (3rd year, resident of my county, that sort of thing). Pretty disappointed.

Except I got notification TODAY that I did in fact get an internal award, and it was the one I was most optimistic for!

So yay for that. The only thing I’m scratching my head over was why did I get notification so late...? Two days before the awards luncheon?? o_O:shrug:

They told me last year that awards were dependent on funding and they could only give awards they’d received funds for. So looks like someone got their donation check in late lol!