RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@SkiOtter was going to watch that too! I loved it!!!! So great! 100% cried during All Too Well, because who doesn’t??
Also like I’ve never heard Long Live live, and I had a whole freak out moment when she sang that and New Years Day together. :dead:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Also I am so sorry. Bc I have been reading all the surprise songs she did acoustic this tour. Which I shouldn’t Bc it’s making me sad. But she sang Jump then Fall at that concert!!!! And like ughhh she sang a song from the Platinum Fearless album.

Also tho I appreciate she wanted to do a stadium tour but she also left a lotta states out of that and made trips for folks like ten times longer just to see her. So hopefully she doesn’t do that again right away.
I’m so sad I didn’t get to go. Had to sell my tickets once I got in here :(

Members don't see this ad :)
She sung long live during the speak now tour when I saw that one! :love:
That is the tour I’m the saddest about not getting to go to. Like I said my best friend is like the Taylor mega fan, and she went to every tour but I didn’t start going with her until Red.

This might seem like a bit of a strange rave, but here it is. A little over a year ago I bought some really expensive leather flats. Like, I felt crazy paying that much for ballerina flats. Luckily, they are easily my favorite shoes...super comfortable and I've worn them almost every day since then. I even bought another color to change it up. I wore the original pair so often the ball of my foot rubbed a hole in the leather sole. I'd heard the company had great customer service so I emailed them to see if there was anything I could do to salvage them, and they offered to repair them for free! Even paid for shipping both ways. I got them back today, and they're like new again, just in time for an important presentation.

Reactions: 15 users
This might seem like a bit of a strange rave, but here it is. A little over a year ago I bought some really expensive leather flats. Like, I felt crazy paying that much for ballerina flats. Luckily, they are easily my favorite shoes...super comfortable and I've worn them almost every day since then. I even bought another color to change it up. I wore the original pair so often the ball of my foot rubbed a hole in the leather sole. I'd heard the company had great customer service so I emailed them to see if there was anything I could do to salvage them, and they offered to repair them for free! Even paid for shipping both ways. I got them back today, and they're like new again, just in time for an important presentation.

As a shoe connoisseur (right, @SportPonies ?), I have to know what brand!

I just had probably my 3rd ever “requests Dr. Weim only” appointment and I didn’t recognize the name at all. Looked in the file and he saw other doctors many times but I only saw him once - to euthanize his previous dog the Sunday before Christmas. He now wants only me for his new puppy. Ugh my heart is such a pile of mush right now, if there is one thing I want to be able to do impeccably and without creating stress for be owner or pet its a euthanasia so this was the biggest compliment ever to me.

Reactions: 22 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh neat! Maybe I'll have to try them some day. I have such a hard time finding comfortable ballet flats
They've been the only flats ever that haven't given me blisters on my little toes or heel. They had almost zero break-in time too...comfortable from day one but got even better as the leather molded to my feet a little. Downside is there is very little to no arch support and they are designed to be fairly low profile on your heel so you can't really add insoles, so if you need the arch support maybe not the best choice.

As an alternative, the other residents at my institution swear by Rothys too. They say they are really comfortable from the beginning and since they're made from recycled water bottles, the Rothys are machine washable. I thought about trying them, but I like the look of the leather Tieks more than the woven look of the Rothys, personally.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks to my amazing diet and exercise routine (aka constantly eating anything and everything but also breastfeeding and getting very little sleep) I'm back down to my pre pregnancy weight!

No but really it's kind of amazing how many calories it must burn because I pretty much munch on snacks all day and keep losing weight. Fingers crossed it continues because I could definitely stand to lose a few more pounds.

Reactions: 12 users
Thanks to my amazing diet and exercise routine (aka constantly eating anything and everything but also breastfeeding and getting very little sleep) I'm back down to my pre pregnancy weight!

No but really it's kind of amazing how many calories it must burn because I pretty much munch on snacks all day and keep losing weight. Fingers crossed it continues because I could definitely stand to lose a few more pounds.
Awesome job!!!!! For the constant munching thing, there are pretty easy ways to keep doing that and lose weight. Keeping a bag of veggies with you is a good option. Like a bag of carrots or green beans. They have substance and taste good and can just be eaten raw. But if you’re eating snack foods and still losing weight, then keep it up!

Awesome job!!!!! For the constant munching thing, there are pretty easy ways to keep doing that and lose weight. Keeping a bag of veggies with you is a good option. Like a bag of carrots or green beans. They have substance and taste good and can just be eaten raw. But if you’re eating snack foods and still losing weight, then keep it up!
Did.....did you just mansplain post-pregnancy weight loss?
She doesn’t need to eat only veggies right now..... she’s still eating to nourish two humans. It just happens the second one is now OUTSIDE her body.

Reactions: 5 users
Did.....did you just mansplain post-pregnancy weight loss?
She doesn’t need to eat only veggies right now..... she’s still eating to nourish two humans. It just happens the second one is now OUTSIDE her body.
How did you take me congratulating her and offering a solution to her hoping to keep losing weight and turn it into me insulting and mansplaining?

How did you take me congratulating her and offering a solution to her hoping to keep losing weight and turn it into me insulting and mansplaining?
Maybe when you told her to snack on veggies instead of other food when she is a new mom who doesn’t need to diet and needs to have high calorie intakes to produce milk to feed her child?

Maybe when you told her to snack on veggies instead of other food when she is a new mom who doesn’t need to diet and needs to have high calorie intakes to produce milk to feed her child?
I literally said if she’s eating snack food and that works fine, then keep it up. Seriously, are you just finding every thing that I say on this website so you can crap on me for any little thing you disagree with?

It's ok all, I'm going to keep eating as I am until I feel a real need to change my diet. I will take the veggie advice as coming from a well intentioned place :) assume good intent and all that. I just wanted to share my joy at the whole losing weight without having to try thanks to motherhood news, because Bob knows nothing else in my life makes sense right now :D

Reactions: 9 users
I literally said if she’s eating snack food and that works fine, then keep it up. Seriously, are you just finding every thing that I say on this website so you can crap on me for any little thing you disagree with?
Bro she didn’t say she was eating just junk foods. My friend has a 1.5 year old and she ALSO was eating everything she could get her hands on while breastfeeding. And it wasn’t all junk. She just ate about 6 meals a day.
If you know nothing about the topic and the nutritional requirements of a new mom who is breastfeeding, don’t comment on it. It’s the same with animals. They need to seriously increase their calorie intake to produce milk to feed their babies.

Bro she didn’t say she was eating just junk foods. My friend has a 1.5 year old and she ALSO was eating everything she could get her hands on while breastfeeding. And it wasn’t all junk. She just ate about 6 meals a day.
If you know nothing about the topic and the nutritional requirements of a new mom who is breastfeeding, don’t comment on it. It’s the same with animals. They need to seriously increase their calorie intake to produce milk to feed their babies.
Dude, I never said to just eat vegetables. All I said was if she was worried about snacking, snack on veggies. I know tons of women who do that to keep snacking without worrying about calories. It’s seriously not a big deal.

Dude, I never said to just eat vegetables. All I said was if she was worried about snacking, snack on veggies. I know tons of women who do that to keep snacking without worrying about calories. It’s seriously not a big deal.
I don’t know if you’ve ever been around someone breast feeding, but it takes a LOT of calories to keep up with the demand. New mom’s don’t need to worry about cutting calrories, and really shouldn’t be trying to if they’re trying to breast feed. So while well intentioned, I don’t think she was actually trying to look for ways to lose weight. Just commenting that she was.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t know if you’ve ever been around someone breast feeding, but it takes a LOT of calories to keep up with the demand. New mom’s don’t need to worry about cutting calrories, and really shouldn’t be trying to if they’re trying to breast feed. So while well intentioned, I don’t think she was actually trying to look for ways to lose weight. Just commenting that she was.
animal case in point: how emaciated dairy cows get post parturition! So they basically just load them up with food and hope they don’t lose too much weight. :laugh:

Edit: no I did not just call kcough a dairy cow, that’d not bode well for me

Reactions: 8 users
I don’t understand all the speculation when she literally commented that it’s not a big deal, she assumed it was meant well, and is just glad that for now she doesn’t have to change anything.

I don’t understand all the speculation when she literally commented that it’s not a big deal, she assumed it was meant well, and is just glad that for now she doesn’t have to change anything.
Maybe she said it wasn’t a big deal because she didn’t want to start something. Please refrain from commenting about how a new mom can lose some pounds in the future. Thanks.

I’m just gonna leave it at unsolicited weight loss advice, no matter how well intentioned, isn’t the best idea ;)

Maybe she said it wasn’t a big deal because she didn’t want to start something. Please refrain from commenting about how a new mom can lose some pounds in the future. Thanks.
So you’re taking on the role of SDN police and attacking people for others who seriously don’t care? And for no reason?

So you’re taking on the role of SDN police and attacking people for others who seriously don’t care? And for no reason?
R u sure she doesn’t care?
Are you gonna take on the role of SDN weight loss coach and throw information at others who seriously didn’t ask for it? And for no reason?

R u sure she doesn’t care?
Are you gonna take on the role of SDN weight loss coach and throw information at others who seriously didn’t ask for it? And for no reason?
This didn’t have to turn into anything. At all. She said she hoped it kept up because she felt like she could stand to lose a few more pounds. I gave a super innocuous tip for snacking and also said if she didn’t need to do that, then don’t. That could’ve been the end of it. Then you said I was mansplaining me and decided to start this whole thing.

giphy.gif

Let's talk about puppies instead

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
This didn’t have to turn into anything. At all. She said she hoped it kept up because she felt like she could stand to lose a few more pounds. I gave a super innocuous tip for snacking and also said if she didn’t need to do that, then don’t. That could’ve been the end of it. Then you said I was mansplaining me and decided to start this whole thing.
Okay but you don’t need to give weightloss tips to anyone who doesn’t ask for them. Especially a new mom who doesn’t need to be cutting calories. If anything, she needs to be taking more in than usual. This didn’t have to turn into anything. At all. But instead you decided to give unsolicited weightloss advice to someone who doesn’t need or want it.

As well intentioned as it may have been, it’s not always going to be taken well. So as a good rule of thumb, it’s really best to *not* give weight loss tips unless asked.

animal case in point: how emaciated dairy cows get post parturition! So they basically just load them up with food and hope they don’t lose too much weight. :laugh:

Edit: no I did not just call kcough a dairy cow, that’d not bode well for me
You totally just called kc a dairy cow :eek:

Okay but you don’t need to give weightloss tips to anyone who doesn’t ask for them. Especially a new mom who doesn’t need to be cutting calories. If anything, she needs to be taking more in than usual. This didn’t have to turn into anything. At all. But instead you decided to give unsolicited weightloss advice to someone who doesn’t need or want it.
Whether it was totally unsolicited or not, she came in and said it was fine and that she just wanted to share her excitement. That was it. This has already gotten out of hand and gone on long enough. I’m ending it. Here’s a picture of a cat.
42111568-D716-4FF0-A1C6-63A75E1BBBDE.jpeg

Whether it was totally unsolicited or not, she came in and said it was fine and that she just wanted to share her excitement. That was it. This has already gotten out of hand and gone on long enough. I’m ending it. Here’s a picture of a cat.
View attachment 251437
That's obviously a picture of two cats.

Let's fight about it. ;)

Reactions: 10 users
Zero experience with being a mom as I am a nulliparous individual this far, but with my mom friends, an approach that involves cheering them on, reminding them how amazing they are, buying/making them food, holding their babies when they need a break, etc seems to go over well. :)

Also, I feel obligated to mention potatoes.

Reactions: 8 users