RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Favourite sort-of-emoticon ever.
emot-parrot.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Coquette - Any way you look at it, you're due for a bunch of new duds! Happy shopping!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man...I'm an idiot! :laugh:

...I thought it was some strange sort of gelatinous goo making the "oh" face and doing a seductive creepy dance...

Didn't see the parrot there. :help: Perhaps this is why they keep me on the evening shift at work..."Does bot work well with mornings."

...I thought it was some strange sort of gelatinous goo making the "oh" face and doing a seductive creepy dance...

Didn't see the parrot there. :help: Perhaps this is why they keep me on the evening shift at work..."Does bot work well with mornings."

If it helps, it's the middle of the day and I also saw "some strange sort of gelatinous goo making the "oh" face and doing a seductive creepy dance".

Don't feel bad. I did too..

:smack:

One of the first years sent around a girl scout cookie sign up sheet :love:
4 boxes, all mineeeeeeee

Of course, if the really cute little girl in my neighborhood comes around this year, I probably wont be able to resist her lol.

While doing my good deed for the day (tracking down the owner of a car that rolled out of it's parking space, no damage done) I called the department he was listed under in the directory and got a lady with a HEAVY slavic accent. She was doing the running-narration thing while looking up this guy's extension and all I wanted to do was make her say "Moose and Squirrel" :smuggrin:

It made my day :D

yup thats what i saw...i didn't see the parrot until i scrolled to the bottom and read the word parrot haha

Members don't see this ad :)
While doing my good deed for the day (tracking down the owner of a car that rolled out of it's parking space, no damage done) I called the department he was listed under in the directory and got a lady with a HEAVY slavic accent. She was doing the running-narration thing while looking up this guy's extension and all I wanted to do was make her say "Moose and Squirrel" :smuggrin:

It made my day :D

:lol: OMG - You just made MY day. Goes to show how well it's been going... This, however, will keep me going through to the end whenever that may be. "Moose and Squirrel"... :lol:

PS - I thought Trilt's new 'friend' was a blob formation as well. Actually took me a while to see the parrot!

Last edited:
Rave: At work today, we had a particular appointment that I was only in for the tail end of, maybe 5 minutes worth. I was talking to the client afterwards to give her her dog's medication and at the end she asked me if I was going to vet school. I told her I was applying this fall and she told me I was going to make a really good vet. It just made me feel really good that someone I had known for such a short time thought that of me :) It was a nice pick me up.

:lol: OMG - You just made MY day. Goes to show how well it's been going... This, however, will keep me going through to the end whenever that may be. "Moose and Squirrel"... :lol:

PS - I thought Trilt's new 'friend' was a blob formation as well. Actually took me a while to see the parrot!

You are now on a watch list.
Both of you just made my day again. That was a smile and laugh I really needed. I didn't even know how much until I smiled. Yay SDN!

Good work out make breenie forget about impending doom.

I thought it was the cookie monster, lol

I keep being reminded that my legs are completely bruised, and it makes me smile. I know...it sounds sadistic.

Over the weekend we had a turkey in at the hospital. This awesome dude imprinted on his owners a long time ago and they keep him as a pet. He was incredibly friendly with everyone that came in. I sat down on the floor and he came right over, climbed in my lap, settled down, and tucked his head up under my chin! I mean...who the heck expects a turkey to snuggle with you?!

Unfortunately though, he was a good ole 29 pounder. You know, the kind you want sitting on your table for the holidays. So yeah, my legs are a bit bruised. But every time I'm reminded of that I just smile and think of the weekend's lap-turkey. :rolleyes:

Love coming back to SDN for the rave thread. Gosh, between Rocky & Bullwinkle, the cookie talk (Dang, I can't even remember the last time I had those....selling them was even longer ago :laugh:) and the turkey?

Although I didn't get to cuddle a turkey this weekend, my favorite puppy (who's now 65lbs) still loves to sit on my lap. A high point of my Saturday was making music with his squeaker toy newspaper. He found it hilarious. So did I :biglove:

I keep being reminded that my legs are completely bruised, and it makes me smile. I know...it sounds sadistic.

Over the weekend we had a turkey in at the hospital. This awesome dude imprinted on his owners a long time ago and they keep him as a pet. He was incredibly friendly with everyone that came in. I sat down on the floor and he came right over, climbed in my lap, settled down, and tucked his head up under my chin! I mean...who the heck expects a turkey to snuggle with you?!

Unfortunately though, he was a good ole 29 pounder. You know, the kind you want sitting on your table for the holidays. So yeah, my legs are a bit bruised. But every time I'm reminded of that I just smile and think of the weekend's lap-turkey. :rolleyes:

Oh wow - a lap turkey!? They're awesome!! I haven't had a good turkey cuddle in ages. Should be noted that the only reason that I had the opportunity was that we had a resident turkey at my last institution who took a small shining to me. Not quite sure why; but I didn't argue with her. Turkey cuddles are great! As are swine kisses, sheep hugs, etc... But something along this line is my ultimate goal...

http://www.wimp.com/mountaingorilla/

Would anyone else be sh*tting their pants being that close to a silverback? Amazing, yes, but so so so scary? Also yes.

That would be really awesome but also super scary!

lame rave but really enjoying my jalapeno chips and sundrop soda today hee hee :love:

Guinea pig at work today!!!

I forgot how cute those little guys are! So adorable! (Well, except for when he peed on me...)

And their owner was a kid who was seemed really knowledgeable about their care and really interested in making sure their diets were correct and they were getting enough vitamin C, etc. Makes me so happy.

The horse show we hosted (Horsemen's Association) went pretty well. Not very big, but still great. It was the first time I was the gate keeper, so having a small show is great practice. This way I can offer to do it at the other shows I go to, if they don't have one for some reason. They've asked me before if I had any experience with it and now I can say yes. :]

Also, most people in the club are western people and don't know much about English riding and English horse shows, so I was one of the go-to people today with questions. That's why they asked me to become an officer for the club next year to help with organization. :D

I might be able to shadow with an LA internal medicine vet at the teaching hospital for three weeks! Super excited!

The gorilla video reminded me of seal cuddling:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uzJd1qC_q0[/YOUTUBE]

My boyfriend and I are meeting in Western PA Valentine's Day weekend. We are staying at a bed and breakfast that looks so cute and comfortable. I haven't seen him since the semester started, so I am very excited. I wish we could spend Valentine's Day together, but of course I have a eukaryotic cell bio exam that night.....:mad:

My boyfriend and I are meeting in Western PA Valentine's Day weekend. We are staying at a bed and breakfast that looks so cute and comfortable. I haven't seen him since the semester started, so I am very excited. I wish we could spend Valentine's Day together, but of course I have a eukaryotic cell bio exam that night.....:mad:

I have always wanted to stay at a B&B! How cute! :love:.

I am singing songs at a nursing home with my Girl Guide group on Valentines Day. We are making homemade chocolates next meeting to give to them. :). Then I have midterms on the 15th and 16th. :bang:

Although I have been in two relationships in the past 6 years, nobody ever did anything romantic and sweet for me on Valentines Day. I need romance! It is driving me crazy!

My rave:
Some of you know that I joined Fitocracy along with the other SDNers and I have actually been doing a good job at getting to the gym 3x each week. You guys are an awesome motivation. I am also motivated by the fact that my father, grandfather and my friend's husband all had heart attacks last summer.

I came home for the weekend because of the transit strike in my city and decided to go to the gym here (beats walking 2.5 hours to my gym in the city!). I did not get much running done on the treadmill because I found myself chatting to the man next to me. He had a heart attack at 47 and has diabetes to boot. His doctor told him stop working and sit around. Three years later, he got tired of sitting and asked if he could do rehabilitation. The doctor did not think it would do him much good, but he did it anyway. He told me that when he started, he could only get his heart rate to 30%. Now he can get it to 48% and his sugars have not fluctuated in months. He goes to the gym every day and loves it. It gave me a really warm fuzzy feeling to see someone over come such an obstacle, even though my father refuses to try anything outside of eating a little bit healthier.

Yesterday, I went for my annual punishment at the hockey arena and was witness to amazement. As great as it was to see my boys Elias, Kovalchuk, et. al., I got to see the great Jaromir Jagr play for the first time in my life. As much as it kills me to see him in orange, it was still sheer joy to watch him at work.

I'm still fiddling with my camera settings, but got a few good shots. This was taken from the bleeds on the opposite side of the ice in the 3rd. Could have been better; but at least I got him on film...

3rd%2520Period%25202%25202.4.12.jpg

DevilsAtFlyers2412

DevilsAtFlyers2412

I totally thought that first picture was from a video game. hahaha

I didn't mean that as a bad thing. The colors just seemed so bright and stuff.

I took home a 10 year old bunny today from my shelter. He was dropped off around new year's because his family didn't have any time for him...seriously?

He's got some medical issues and we're going to take him to an exotic vet this week sometime, but he is the sweetest thing ever. He just likes to sit in your lap and be pet. I know he probably won't have a ton of time left, and I'm so happy that I'm able to have him spend it with us, being a loved and spoiled bunny instead of being scared and alone at the shelter.

I'll post pics later...letting him settle in a little bit first. :love::love::love:

I took home a 10 year old bunny today from my shelter. He was dropped off around new year's because his family didn't have any time for him...seriously?

He's got some medical issues and we're going to take him to an exotic vet this week sometime, but he is the sweetest thing ever. He just likes to sit in your lap and be pet. I know he probably won't have a ton of time left, and I'm so happy that I'm able to have him spend it with us, being a loved and spoiled bunny instead of being scared and alone at the shelter.

I'll post pics later...letting him settle in a little bit first. :love::love::love:

Such a good and caring thing to do. You're a nice human.

I didn't mean that as a bad thing. The colors just seemed so bright and stuff.

Ah, I see... Well, then, thank you very very much! I guess I took full advantage of the ice glare. That hideous orange really glows... :cool:

And NStars - Happy to hear about your newest family member. As Bisbee said, you're a good human. I'll look forward to the pictures!

Thanks Bisbee and LMMS...here's Mookie! <3

mookie.jpg

Wow that's big...and it's not resizing. Sorry peeps!

What a lucky little bunny to be thrust into this happy new life!

I just ate hot wings and I didn't feel like crying. lol I'm trying to get used to more spicy food because we go to my bf's friends' houses all the time and they cook really hot food. It's good but I can barely eat anything because it's so hot.

I love finding "We have no idea what this means" or "we have no idea how this works" in textbooks. :D Or, to quote my lit book, "This curious phrase has not yet been satisfactorily explained."

I love finding "We have no idea what this means" or "we have no idea how this works" in textbooks. :D Or, to quote my lit book, "This curious phrase has not yet been satisfactorily explained."

I love this too! It comes up all the time in histology.

"We call this the 'unknown cell'"

Seriously?