1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

raw score == curve??

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Bandit, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have been taking several practice exams (like most of you) Has anyone any experience or insight as to the curve vs. the raw score?

I know, I know -- this is a cry for help!

2. CanIMakeIt

CanIMakeIt Fellow
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hard exams generally have easy curve and easy exams have a hard curve...... basically it depends how people do on your version of the test and how is it in comparison to other test takers ..... and all that will decide the curve to be hard or easy

e.g. if you get 55/77 on a hard PS version you might still be able to get 11-12 if you did really well compared to others who received the same version and you might get 9-10 for the same score if everyone else do really super on your version of the test ...

same goes for the other sections as well .......

hope it was helpful....... This is how I understand the scoring works.....i may be completely off

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanx, I understand how a curve works. I perhaps did not word the question properly. I meant, has anyone taken the past tests and had any reletive experience with this?