Rc ???what Method

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mindblowing

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
reading comp??? what to do
how hard is this section???do the passage make sense
i am doing practice from kaplan....its crazy amt of infomation in one passage.
what should i do???
thanks

progress.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the Kaplan practice passages were very similar to the real thing. I never read any passages...i just read the questions and then skimmed for the answer. After doing a few questions I start to remember where certain topics appeared in the passage and it got faster as I went on. The first few questions per passage took the longest. Hope that helps!!
Scott

agree with scottyhoop, just skip the passage altogether and head to the qs first. I tried all kind of was. Reading first, skmming first, kaplans BS outline first....and i can only mange 15 to 16s. Then i just head straight into qs and starting skimming for answers and shot up to 19 on my first attempt on achiever's RC #1.

The best way I believe to approach this section is by:
1) Skim the passage first so you have a general idea where ideas and information are located
2) Everytime you read a question, read the entire paragraph in which the answer is located (this way, by the time you have answered all the questions you will have read the entire passage)
3) Don't stress, if you can't find a answer, quess on it, mark it, and move on.....when you are done with the test and have time left, just go back and see if you can find the answer.
4) Always elminate answers you know are incorrect, and I mean always eliminate incorrect answers.
5) If you need to study for this section just keep reading for fun, and do a practice test here or there whenever you feel like it.

Hope this helps, I know you are going to do great.....keep up the hard work!!!!