RCSI Bahrain 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinky98

AspiringMedic
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here applied at RCSI Bahrain for September 2016?
I'm an American high-school student. I applied and I've already done my interview and now I'm just waiting on their decision. Has anyone received their reply yet and how did the interview go?
If anyone has any questions for the interview and application process then they can ask me.
If anyone is studying there then I'd like to hear about their experiences particularly if they are from outside the GCC.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied in December and I've already done my interview and now I'm just waiting on their decision. Has anyone received their reply yet and how did the interview go?
If anyone has any questions for the interview and application process then they can ask me.
If anyone is studying there then I'd like to hear about their experiences particularly if they are from outside the GCC.
Hello, I am an international student from Canada that applied to RCSI. I applied to the one in Dublin and not Bahrain but I have already received my acceptance last Tuesday.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied in December and I've already done my interview and now I'm just waiting on their decision. Has anyone received their reply yet and how did the interview go?
Hi, I applied to RCSI-MUB and in early feb and got an interview in a weeks time. How was the interview? Did you go there or was it online? What kind of questions did they ask?....any information would be helpful!! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have never heard here of someone not passing RCSI-bahrain interview. It's mainly general questions. There may be a few medical questions here and there about common diseases(hypertension,diabetes)

Hi, I applied to RCSI-MUB and in early feb and got an interview in a weeks time. How was the interview? Did you go there or was it online? What kind of questions did they ask?....any information would be helpful!! Thanks!
Hey! I'm not sure if you've done your interview by now but I actually went there and I'd recommend you go too. My interview was surprisingly easy and relaxed, it was hardly more than 10 minutes. I guess I just got a good interviewer!
They ask the usual stuff, talk about your present studies, why medicine, how did you find out about rcsi Bahrain, why Bahrain, what qualities should an ideal doctor have, your hobbies and what are your best qualities. I can't really remember anything else.
I'd say just make sure you know how to answer these questions and you should be fine. Good luck!

Hey! I'm not sure if you've done your interview by now but I actually went there and I'd recommend you go too. My interview was surprisingly easy and relaxed, it was hardly more than 10 minutes. I guess I just got a good interviewer!
They ask the usual stuff, talk about your present studies, why medicine, how did you find out about rcsi Bahrain, why Bahrain, what qualities should an ideal doctor have, your hobbies and what are your best qualities. I can't really remember anything else.
I'd say just make sure you know how to answer these questions and you should be fine. Good luck!
Hi thank u, i really appreciated the tips, my interview went great, just waiting on their response. Did they contact u yet?

Hi Pinky, have you accepted RCSI-MUB?. I am attending interview in May and I am school leaver -10+2. How is interview, I mean nature.

Hello,

Yes I applied to the 5-year program at RCSI-MUB and just recieved my acceptance offer. Admittitely, having a little bit of cold feet in officially accepting my offer. A million things are swarming my mind, mainly the sense of competition and residency matching back into Canadian schools. Just a mix of self doubt and awareness of the in's and out's of the program itself. Is anyone else on the same boat? Where are you guys sitting on it?

Hi Anyone going to RCSI-MUB for 5 year course this Sep 2016?. Looking for female flatmate to share with female (5 year student).

I go to RCSI MUB going into my 3rd year, feel free to msg me whenever!

Hello,

Yes I applied to the 5-year program at RCSI-MUB and just recieved my acceptance offer. Admittitely, having a little bit of cold feet in officially accepting my offer. A million things are swarming my mind, mainly the sense of competition and residency matching back into Canadian schools. Just a mix of self doubt and awareness of the in's and out's of the program itself. Is anyone else on the same boat? Where are you guys sitting on it?
Yeah, i did have this but now that ive been here - there is DEFINITELY ways to get back to Canada/UK. Ive seen it happen with people I know.
Anymore question just msg me!

I go to RCSI MUB going into my 3rd year, feel free to msg me whenever!

I know UK and Ireland isn't an option for internships as a Non-EU citizen..but are there other residency/internship options in the middle eastern or any other countries? Are students allowed to stay back in Bahrain and practice?

I know UK and Ireland isn't an option for internships as a Non-EU citizen..but are there other residency/internship options in the middle eastern or any other countries? Are students allowed to stay back in Bahrain and practice?
Some people usually stay back a year after they graduate and just work as an intern just to gain experience/prep for tests etc, but most international students leave shortly after! I know people who stay for 2 years or so, but they dont get paid much etc.

Hi heard , RCSI-MUB students need to pass Irish test-PRES before applying for Irish internships?. But RCSI-MUB is recognized by Irish medical council, why RCSI students need to sit for PRES test?.

How prestigious is RCSI - MUB in the US ?
Why RCSI-MUB has lower standard in the IELTS and not the same as RCSI-Dublin ?
Why do i need sit for PRES test when it's recognized by Irish medical council ?
Why RCSI Bahrain and not AGU (arabian gulf university)?

I'm an American high-school student. I applied and I've already done my interview and now I'm just waiting on their decision. Has anyone received their reply yet and how did the interview go?
Hello,

pl share your feedback about rcsi bahrain i m planning for next year

Pl share your feedback to help others about rcsi bahrain

Hello,

This is literally me. I was accepted to rcsi mub recently and really having trouble deciding whether or not I should go. Just a few questions if you dont mind me asking.

1. Is the degree awarded by rcsi mub the EXACT same as the one awarded in rcsi dub? Does one have any benefit over the other in terms of international recognition? For example is the rcsi dublin degree preferred over the rcsi mub degree in other countries like north america or is there no difference?

2. Will I be able to do my internship in ireland after graduating or will I have to sit a few examinations before I can?

3. I am concerned about the political conditions of the gulf area right now so I was wondering do you think I should just accept and attend rcsi mub or wait a year and apply to rcsi dub or some other irish medical university? There seems to be quite a bit of unrest in the gulf area right now so i was a bit concerned.

4. How do senior year electives work? I am unsure of how they work and how students go about commencing electives in their desired countries.

thanks for the help!

This is literally me. I was accepted to rcsi mub recently and really having trouble deciding whether or not I should go. Just a few questions if you dont mind me asking.

1. Is the degree awarded by rcsi mub the EXACT same as the one awarded in rcsi dub? Does one have any benefit over the other in terms of international recognition? For example is the rcsi dublin degree preferred over the rcsi mub degree in other countries like north america or is there no difference?

2. Will I be able to do my internship in ireland after graduating or will I have to sit a few examinations before I can?

3. I am concerned about the political conditions of the gulf area right now so I was wondering do you think I should just accept and attend rcsi mub or wait a year and apply to rcsi dub or some other irish medical university? There seems to be quite a bit of unrest in the gulf area right now so i was a bit concerned.

4. How do senior year electives work? I am unsure of how they work and how students go about commencing electives in their desired countries.

thanks for the help!
I wish someone answered this thread, I'm currently looking for more information on the school and the matching back process/likelihood. But it's impossible to find anyone that has gone and matched back to Canada

Hi!

Most of the people on this forum who went to RCSI BH matched back to Canada and the US within the past 3 years - no one had the time to come back but im here.

Im so happy looking back at all of us -->Internal/surgery/family medicine/peds & within their last year of within 2 years of graduation.

1. Is the degree awarded by rcsi mub the EXACT same as the one awarded in rcsi dub? Does one have any benefit over the other in terms of international recognition? For example is the rcsi dublin degree preferred over the rcsi mub degree in other countries like north america or is there no difference? --> Yes. We got multiple copies the RCSI Dublin & RCSI Mub. It's literally the same.

2. Will I be able to do my internship in ireland after graduating or will I have to sit a few examinations before I can? --> No, only in Bahrain.

3. I am concerned about the political conditions of the gulf area right now so I was wondering do you think I should just accept and attend rcsi mub or wait a year and apply to rcsi dub or some other irish medical university? There seems to be quite a bit of unrest in the gulf area right now so i was a bit concerned. --> Nahh its all good haha, such an amazing life in the gulf. You'll love it. I've made so many friends who came from ireland through our exchange program, and they liked MUB better than Dublins campus/events/friends. They even came back afterwards to do their electives.

--> For canada AFMC Student portal, for america there AMO etc

Cheers.