Re-applying to DPT programs for a second time. Need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT1194

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for this current DPT application cycle didn't go well for me. All the schools I applied to rejected me and I'm preparing to re-apply once applications open up in June. My stats:

- 3.32 cGPA
- 3.30 Pre-req
- 3.57 GPA for last 60 credits
- 151 Q, 150 V, 4.0 A
- 127 hrs in outpatient ortho/neuro clinic
- 20 hours in acute inpatient
- 25 hours in outpatient pediatrics
- about 500 hrs in ortho clinic as a PT aid (current job)

I know my GPA can look better but all my grades are either A's or B's so my GPA wont move much if I do retake any classes. I'm wondering if I should still consider retaking any classes.

I just received a job offer as a PT aid in a hospital so that will increase my inpatient hours and I am planning to retake my GREs which I'm confident that I will increase my scores.

Are there people out there that have had success when applying for a second time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

So for this current DPT application cycle didn't go well for me. All the schools I applied to rejected me and I'm preparing to re-apply once applications open up in June. My stats:

- 3.32 cGPA
- 3.30 Pre-req
- 3.57 GPA for last 60 credits
- 151 Q, 150 V, 4.0 A
- 127 hrs in outpatient ortho/neuro clinic
- 20 hours in acute inpatient
- 25 hours in outpatient pediatrics
- about 500 hrs in ortho clinic as a PT aid (current job)

I know my GPA can look better but all my grades are either A's or B's so my GPA wont move much if I do retake any classes. I'm wondering if I should still consider retaking any classes.

I just received a job offer as a PT aid in a hospital so that will increase my inpatient hours and I am planning to retake my GREs which I'm confident that I will increase my scores.

Are there people out there that have had success when applying for a second time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

What kind of schools did you apply to this cycle, and will you be reapplying to any of those next year? It'd say it's definitely within reach to get some acceptances with a little bit of work and by selectively applying. The most substantial way to improve your application is to boost your prereq GPA. IMO I would try to retake those this summer so your grades are already updated before you apply.

Hi. So I didn’t get accepted to any PT schools I applied to last summer so I am planning on reapply during the next cycle. I have a lower GPA (3.3) because I was very sick my first year and a half of undergrad, and I currently have 300 observation hours in a couple different settings. I just don’t know if I should spend my time before applying again retaking classes, or getting more observation hours. Any advice would be wonderful!