RE: MPJE Questions follow-up. Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Myst1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heya,

Planning on retaking the Florida MPJE - I got some questions. I do think these questions are general enough for anyone to answer I think.

Please help me with questions if you know... don't have to answer all

1- Controlled Substance inventory takes place every 2 years - either at the beginning of the business day or end of the business day correct? What about a 24 hour pharmacy? How will that work?

2- You can partially Fill Schedule III-V. How many times are you PARTIALLY fill? I know in general it's 5 FULL fills in 6 months. So what if a patient wants 15 days' worth at a time? Is it also 5 fills? Or as many required to reach the amount?

3- It seems like you keep certain records for 2 years? But prescription records for 4 years??? I'm a bit confused on the 2 vs 4 year mark. I think invoices and sales are 2 years. Can someone clarify this and/or give a hint on how to remember what's 4 and what's 2?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Good question but of all the MPJE exams I've taken, that's never been a question I've seen asked.

2. You can partially fill as many times as you want as long as it doesn't exceed the total qty prescribed or go beyond 6 months.

3. Not sure about Florida law on that one.

Hi I'm also retaking FL MPJE soon and I too have some general questions.

1. If a patient wants a list of his/her medications for tax purposes. Do you as a pharmacist, hand the list directly to the patient or tell the patient that you will send it directly to patient's accountant?

2. what is the procedure for a pharmacy manager when he finds out one of the staff pharmacist was recently convicted of DUI? Does he have to report to state BOP? Law enforcement?

1. Good question but of all the MPJE exams I've taken, that's never been a question I've seen asked.

@ValeRx thanks for your responses. @question #1 - if you had to make a decision on that - what would you say?

@Prof I would like to know the answer to #2 as well - I had multiple DUI questions (at least 3-4) of all sorts on my exam - I obviously answered them all wrong thinking personal life shouldn't be brought into work... guess I'm wrong (had a similar post about this question myself). I did not see anything like your question #1 - but that's an interesting question that I would like to know the answer to as well... since I have no idea.

Members don't see this ad :)

1. If a patient wants a list of his/her medications for tax purposes. Do you as a pharmacist, hand the list directly to the patient or tell the patient that you will send it directly to patient's accountant?

2. what is the procedure for a pharmacy manager when he finds out one of the staff pharmacist was recently convicted of DUI? Does he have to report to state BOP? Law enforcement?

Answer1 : i guess its against HIPPA? you cant give personal record to anyone like that! so i am guessing patient only

answer 2: I guess i would contact my supervisor and see what to do from there if that was one of answer choice?

1. Customer statements are patient eyes only, or BoP Agent, medical professional or insurance company. You can mail a statement to their home of record. What a person does with it from there, it's their business.

2. It's the burden of the person convicted of DUI to report it.