Re-negotiating Contract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliCatheter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given the recent surge in locums pay, any groups out there re-negotiating their current hospital contract to get a higher rate to help with retention?

Members don't see this ad.

Given the recent surge in locums pay, any groups out there re-negotiating their current hospital contract to get a higher rate to help with retention?
Do you mean subsidy?

I think of insurance companies when it comes to negotiating rates.

Yes honestly don’t know how most private groups are recruiting. Most of the employed positions around here offer better pay and hours even as full partner.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes honestly don’t know how most private groups are recruiting. Most of the employed positions around here offer better pay and hours even as full partner.
I don’t think they are lol. I am looking to take a job in the Carolinas. Private practices are out of touch with the market or they don’t care. 300k for 3 years taking 6 weeks vacay while the partners are at 650 taking 12. Absolutely no one should take that job. I am guessing they sucker people into it.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t think they are lol. I am looking to take a job in the Carolinas. Private practices are out of touch with the market or they don’t care. 300k for 3 years taking 6 weeks vacay while the partners are at 650 taking 12. Absolutely no one should take that job. I am guessing they sucker people into it.
That’s horrible lol. But is it hard to re negotiate a current contract after say a year ? Athletes love to do this, can we ?

That job was **** before locums rates went up. Three year track and a cool $1M buy in. F that.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Anything with over a 1 year track is a red flag in this market IMO. Unless heavily vouched for by close colleagues.

Reactions: 1 user

Some of these “Boomer” groups are hanging onto the vestiges of these pyramid scheme partnership tracks for dear life. It’s mind boggling watching them bleed anesthesiologists and struggle to staff ORs, yet remain intent on keeping the buy-in scams or the tiered structures alive.

Reactions: 4 users
Some of these “Boomer” groups are hanging onto the vestiges of these pyramid scheme partnership tracks for dear life. It’s mind boggling watching them bleed anesthesiologists and struggle to staff ORs, yet remain intent on keeping the buy-in scams or the tiered structures alive.
It is OK if the ship goes down as long I get to be the captain until the last possible moment. Maybe if I get a cush enough lifeboat I will relinquish the captain's chair.

Reactions: 1 users
SO TRUE. Around me there are a few groups where the pyramid scheme partners burnt the practice to the ground rather than changing their ways. Then those practice sites smoldered with locums for a couple years till either hosptial-employing everyone or new more reasonable groups formed.

Reactions: 1 user
SO TRUE. Around me there are a few groups where the pyramid scheme partners burnt the practice to the ground rather than changing their ways. Then those practice sites smoldered with locums for a couple years till either hosptial-employing everyone or new more reasonable groups formed.
Same in my area. I joined the AMC instead of the PP groups because it was a significantly higher offer and I was coming straight out of residency.

Now AMC is the only “stable” group in the area and the major private groups have either gone out of business or are dying.

I actually would have just finished the partnership track for one of the private practices I interviewed with in the area and they are now going out of business. They can’t pay their partners and over 10 have left. This was my exact nightmare and why I found it too much of a risk to do a partnership track in todays market.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users