Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Re: Please Help MCAT and Multiple Orgasms

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gpannu, Mar 25, 2004.

1. gpannu

gpannu Member
    10+ Year Member

Kidding about the Orgasms....I just wanted to catch everyones attention.

Background: Hey, in a nutshell I took the year off to write the MCAT and apply for med school nex year. I also defered my law school admission until this September.

Thus, I really want to write the MCAT for this April 17th; however, I feel that I'm not ready since i've spend the past 2 months relarning most of the material (physics, Orgo, chem, and Biol). I'm afraid if I write in April I'll score poorly (6, 7, ish) I dunno if i'll do that bad but it's just a guess. My main problem is i've spent most of my time focusing on content rather than speed. However, I feel if I write in August I should score in the double digits.

My question is the following: Should I write in April as practice or just wait until August. I have nothing better to do for the rest of the summer so I don't mind studying. Also, would I hurt my admission chances by writing the MCAT more than once or do most schools generally look at the highest score.

Thanks to all.

2. Wow if you get to write the MCAT, you'll do really well when you do take it. Sweet!

3. irie

irie royale with cheese
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    corny joke!!! the same thing was going through my mind when I read the post. shhh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. farley is god

farley is god Empty Tank.
    7+ Year Member

wait-
    isn't the same joke used anytime someone not from the United States says they are planning on "writing" the MCAT?

5. basupran

basupran ortho, study, cars, lift
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Take tit when you are ready.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Brickhouse

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You deferred law school and took and entire year off to study for the MCAT? You should do awesome then - take it (write it) in April, what's a few more months gonna add?

7. Brickhouse

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    (do they have gunners in England?)

8. Treg

Treg Surgeon in training
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    As an American in Canada, I can attest to the "write" the MCAT phenomenon.

Here is one that always makes me giggle:

How do you say "skeletal"?

Many Canucks say "sku-LEE-tal"-- it always makes me pause

:laugh: :laugh:

Treg

9. ify

ify Member
    7+ Year Member

I think the Op might be from Canada not England. There is a Waterloo 2 hours from me

10. ify

ify Member
    7+ Year Member

oh yeah, I'll say take the MCAT when you're ready for it. I think they're more interested in you having a good mark than in having your application complete super early. That's not to say that there aren't advantages to having things in early. I took the August MCAT, and had interviews by early Novermber, and acceptances by December. Just have everything else in by September, so once your marks are out, you're good to go.

11. Brickhouse

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh ok thanks....

(do they have gunners in Canada? I find that even harder to elieve)

12. Treg

Treg Surgeon in training
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    University of Alberta Accepted Thread

Check out the MCAT scores... (also, on the old 9 point scale an 8.0 = 3.7)....

:eek:

Treg

13. lukeday99

lukeday99 Nooby
    7+ Year Member

In the grand scheme of things, orgasms are more important than the MCAT. In fact, play your cards right, and you'll get an orgasm near the end of the verbal section (this'll take you through lunch), then again when you finish the Bio sciences. Sure, everyone in the auditorium was looking at me funny, but it sure helped my score.

PVT me if you wish to know the secret of my Wu-Tang.

14. DrBodacious

10+ Year Member

You could always take it in April for practice and then void your test if you feel you didn't do well, for time constraint reasons or whatever.

15. Sharky

Sharky Shark
    7+ Year Member

You can't beat multiple orgasms especially while taking the MCAT.:smuggrin:

16. DrBodacious

10+ Year Member

Also, if you feel you are doing poorly, you could just start mastrabating and "void" your test by ejaculating on it.