RE: Submission of ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaleerkalut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many upperclassmen have been encouraging submission "the day it opens up" which I believe is Sept. 15. Why is this? The Dean's Letter aka MSPE doesn't go out until Oct. 1 so why is there a rush to submit things the day it opens up? Are they read in order received or is there some other benefit? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Many upperclassmen have been encouraging submission "the day it opens up" which I believe is Sept. 15. Why is this? The Dean's Letter aka MSPE doesn't go out until Oct. 1 so why is there a rush to submit things the day it opens up? Are they read in order received or is there some other benefit? Thanks.

Some programs send out interview invites prior to the MSPE being received.

Many specialties start sending invites before MSPE goes out--I got my first invite something like 3-4 days after ERAS opened last year, and it opened on a Saturday that year. And yes, in general, the earlier you submit the earlier you will be reviewed--they have to order the applications for review somehow, and that's as good a way as any.

All of my interviews except one were pre-MSPE