Re-taking DAT. Study material recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ranasayys

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm retaking my DAT at the end of summer.The first time around I used Kaplan as my major study resource (not very helpful) and Crack that PAT

I just purchased the Cliff AP Bio Notes and am considering getting DAT destroyer. I did worst on the Bio section( somehow) so that is what I need to practice most

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What is your score for each section? I can tell you where to focus on with the materials.

I used Kaplan last year and did really bad. Im retaking this August and I got the following materials:
-Chads Vidoes (GC/OC/QR/BIO bio is new one out)
-Cliffs AP BIO
-Alans Notes
-DAT Destroyer
-Math Destroyer
-Crack DAT PAT
-Topscore

I'm using Kaplans notecards and their quick cheat sheet towards the end of my studying to help me prepare more. For bio you need to know more, not get into the details.

Last edited:
I used the exact same material that dental24 listed. I highly recommend Cliff's AP Bio for Bio preparation and Chad's Videos for GC and OC. Definitely use Crack DAT PAT to get the PAT section down nicely.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm using Kapans notecards and their quick cheat sheet towards the end of my studying to help me prepare more. For bio you need to know more, not get into the details.

I'm retaking my dat too this summer did horrible last year. dental24 did you mean kaplans notecards or kapans is some other study source out there that i'm not aware of.

I'm retaking my dat too this summer did horrible last year. dental24 did you mean kaplans notecards or kapans is some other study source out there that i'm not aware of.

Oops a typo I just edited :laugh:. Yes its Kaplans notecards and cheat sheets (the laminated ones they give you)

Good luck to you!

I'm retaking my DAT at the end of summer.The first time around I used Kaplan as my major study resource (not very helpful) and Crack that PAT

I just purchased the Cliff AP Bio Notes and am considering getting DAT destroyer. I did worst on the Bio section( somehow) so that is what I need to practice most

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

I used Kaplan last year and did really bad. Im retaking this August and I got the following materials:
-Chads Vidoes (GC/OC/QR/BIO bio is new one out)
-Cliffs AP BIO
-Alans Notes
-DAT Destroyer
-Math Destroyer
-Crack DAT PAT
-Topscore

I'm using Kaplans notecards and their quick cheat sheet towards the end of my studying to help me prepare more. For bio you need to know more, not get into the details.

I'm a little surprised so many people didn't find kaplans things that helpful(except for pat, which I totally understand) The kaplan book seemed to be a very good for teaching me the sciences. I felt prepared and that was the only resource I used.

I'm a little surprised so many people didn't find kaplans things that helpful(except for pat, which I totally understand) The kaplan book seemed to be a very good for teaching me the sciences. I felt prepared and that was the only resource I used.

If you look at their Big Book and lessons they use the same for MCATer's and PCATers
Im not saying its horrible material. Why would anyone spend about $1000 on Kaplan rather than get all the materials listed above for the same price that are better prep material.....

Many SDNers have urged to use Kaplan with caution. Can't use this as the main source for your studying.