Mar 1, 2020
Im getting ready to reapply and not sure if I can reuse my committee letter. My reasons for reusing it are that my school list was small last year and this year I will include many more schools plus DO schools who haven't seen my application before.

On the other hand 5/6 of my LORs are dated 2018 and I havent had any contact with these professors since then. This is a problem because my school requires that 4/6 LORs are from faculty and since im graduated I cant replace any of the faculty LORs.

The only new LOR I could get is from scribing which I might do depending on advice from this thread and my pre-health advisor but it does feel a little late to be getting a new LOR which would trigger a committee letter update.

Im non-trad and my stats are MCAT/GPA: 514/ 3.7
I only applied to 10 schools and had 3 interviews with 2 current waitlists and with the amcas FAP ill be able to apply more broadly so I was thinking about reusing my committee letter but I want to make sure thats not a red flag.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.