read my essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaBeav

Procrastinator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to take a look at my "why do you want to do md/phd" essay and make some suggestions. My reasons seem kind of vague/general/cliche to me, which probably = weak. so any feedback is appreciated no matter how harsh. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

If you can't simply write down reasons of why you want to do MD/PhD, then why are you applying?

Hey there. I'm also this year's applicant, so I might not know better, but if you would like I could comment on yours. I've already submitted mine yesterday. If you feel uncomfortable, I'm sure there are others who would love to help you. =)

I guess it is a simple essay, but not sounding cliche is the hard part, right? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i'm also this yr's applicant. i think there are basic underlying reasons that everyone must have (love of science, etc) for going into this program so the only differences or non-cliched ideas are the individual ways these reasons are manifested. anyway, i put my reasons down with a semi-story about a research project. i feel good about my essay, though, just because no one could possibly have the same story even if they have the same reasons. good luck.

passion4atcg said:
If you can't simply write down reasons of why you want to do MD/PhD, then why are you applying?

Not cool, Zeus.

mjs said:
Not cool, Zeus.

Ditto. We are hear to help each other, not rip each other apart. Many of us struggle to write about our self becasue it all sounds so contrite, akward, and self-centered. For the arrogant few, it comes naturally. Anyways, DaBeav feel free to PM your essay to me. I would happy to read it.