Reading Comp Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsk26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im studying for the DAT and am looking for material to study for the reading comp section. I have been reading scientific american and the like but want practice tests to work on this section. Are there any resources out there besides Bootcamp that are comparable to the actual DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I tried scientific american in the beginning (did 1hr everyday for 1 month). For me, didnt help me improve so I stopped RC completely. My test is June 15th and I started doing 10CDR and plan on finishing 7qvault RC. My rc practice score went from 15 to 20-22.
My suggestion is to skip the scientific american and do practice exams before the DAT

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I tried scientific american in the beginning (did 1hr everyday for 1 month). For me, didnt help me improve so I stopped RC completely. My test is June 15th and I started doing 10CDR and plan on finishing 7qvault RC. My rc practice score went from 15 to 20-22.
My suggestion is to skip the scientific american and do practice exams before the DAT
Same here i am doing all crackdat and Qvault, what are your Qvault scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
those are real good scores and improvements,
CDR 16,17,16,18,18
Qvault 17,19

My scores started to hit 19+ on RC when I realized how screwed I am for the real DAT. Little panic got me there ;)

English is my second language and been struggling on RC ever since the SAT lool

Reactions: 1 user
DAT Genius has a free one you can use but it seemed easier than Bootcamp when I went through one of the passages

What is CDR?

What method is working the best for you? Ive tried mapping which hasn't helped me. I was thinking of trying search and destroy but Im not sure?

What method is working the best for you? Ive tried mapping which hasn't helped me. I was thinking of trying search and destroy but Im not sure?
i basically started the BYU4U method ari has posted on bootcamp. i tried that today and got a 19 (highest yet). will keep y'all posted.

i basically started the BYU4U method ari has posted on bootcamp. i tried that today and got a 19 (highest yet). will keep y'all posted.

I was looking over the method and it looks like I should give it a try. The only thing is that I'm not a fast reader, do you think that the method will still help me?