Reading Comprehension

swiss lindt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the OAT in less than 2 weeks. I've been scoring 250 on average on my kaplan tests on RC. :( I have been reading all the questions first, write down key words, then start reading the passage. Once I get to the paragraph that relates to the questions, I jump to the respective question and start answering it.

I was wondering whether all the questions will be listed one below another in the same window, or I will have to click "next" to view each question (like how's like for the online kaplan tests)? I waste a lot of time clicking next and waiting for the page to load up when I jumb between questions. Please let me know if you think your strategy works better in tackling the RC section. Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you have to click next for each questions. Only one question per window. Out of all the sections on the OAT, the RC section probably has the most strategies to do it. You just have to find what works for you. Try different things if the one you are using isn't working for you.

map it out like kaplan tells you too. skim through a paragraph at a time and number them and write down key words. when you're going through the questions, key words will pop out at you and you'll know which paragraph to look for the answer b/c you'll have it written down.
the paragraphs chosen for these sections are very well organized so you dont find yourself jumping from one to another if you took a good look at them the first time around