Reading list for IR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My residency has a huge online library, with a ton of books being downloadable, and with access to nearly every journal published. I was hoping I could assemble a reading list to download before I head to fellowship. So, if you could chime in with your recommendation for books/journal articles to read before and during IR fellowship, I can add it to this post to keep it concise.

Right now, I've basically only downloaded the Atlas of Vascular Anatomy (Uflacker), so I'll add that below.

Anatomy:
Atlas of Vascular Anatomy (Uflacker)

General Introductory:
Kandarpa's Handbook of IR Procedures
Vascular and Interventional Imaging: Case Review Series

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Books like Kandarpa's Handbook of IR Procedures and Vascular and Interventional Imaging: Case Review Series are pretty good for the beginning IR resident. However, as an IR fellow, I've found that most of my learning now comes from papers and case reports/series, since there is so much variety that the bigger question once you've got the fundamentals down is, "Is this procedure/technique possible?" And so you search for papers that have tried and evaluated the outcomes of whatever new technique you're thinking of. This kind of thing you won't find in any standard textbook.

a couple of places have made their "fellow reading lists" open to public through SIR connect, if I'm not mistaken.

a couple of places have made their "fellow reading lists" open to public through SIR connect, if I'm not mistaken.

Nice. Thanks. You're talking about the post by McWilliams? Looks like a good list there that I can try to get through during my down time months. Appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user