Reading PS and BS passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gymgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

How much time are you guys spending reading these? I just timed myself to approximately 2 minutes. Is this approximately how much time you guys take? Or is it too long?

Members don't see this ad.

That sounds pretty reasonable, but it varies a lot depending on the difficulty of the passage.

I skim the PS to get an idea and read the BS.

That way I know I can finish the PS. I usually just refer back to passage anyway so why waste the time reading it critically the first time. I just do that when I am answering the questions.

Plus, the first paragraph alot of times is just an intro and skip around that if it sounds like background.

I skim the PS to get an idea and read the BS.

That way I know I can finish the PS. I usually just refer back to passage anyway so why waste the time reading it critically the first time. I just do that when I am answering the questions.

Plus, the first paragraph alot of times is just an intro and skip around that if it sounds like background.

Yeah, that sounds to be the most plausible approach. I noticed that I can get by the AAMCs without reading the PS passages, but not that often on kaplan.

Yeah, that sounds to be the most plausible approach. I noticed that I can get by the AAMCs without reading the PS passages, but not that often on kaplan.

Aug 20th will be my first time. I'm a MCAT virgin.

I guess if my initial experiences are not good enough. I can learn as I gain more experience.