Reading suggestions prior to fellowship start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

opinionkitten

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any suggestions on things that would be good to read prior to starting fellowship in July? I thought about getting a DeVita and leaving it on my desk unopened x 6 months. If any current or past fellows have books they read or wished they had read prior to first yr of fellowship I would appreciate it.

I would plug this book: Mastering Communication with Seriously Ill Patients by Tony Back. This is a quick read and great review of giving bad news, being compassionate w sick pts. Written by a UDub oncologist.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0521706181