Ready for Orientation at Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twester

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody has had contact with CU's financial aid department. I got my award letter and still have unmet need (naturally). I sent them an email asking about alternative loans, but haven't heard anything back. Has anyone received any information about that? I went ahead and did the online app for a Grad Plus, but it wasn't clear that I actually qualify for it since we're undergrad for the first year.

Has anyone sent in the application to the state for their intern's license and gotten anything back yet?

I'm looking forward to the start of school, but am feeling pretty nervous about it. That's not unusual for me and I'll be pretty stoked once I finally get into it. :laugh:

See you in a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I got my intern license a few weeks ago. I think it took them about 4 weeks to process it.

The loan department hasn't been particuarly helpful for me either. Telling us that our parents should take out loans to pay for our school is a little ridiculous. I don't think that we can do the grad plus loan since we are technically undergrads. Besides I'd think they would do the grad plus before the parent plus if they could. If you go the financial aid website they list a couple of alternative loan providers. I think they list Key Alternative Loan and a loan from Access Group. You can also get education loans from sallie mae, and big banks like chase.