USMLE Ready for Step 2CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vicabc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm scheduled to take Step 2 CK in one week. I started dedicated studying about 2 weeks ago. My NBME scores have been 189 (December) -> 219 (2 weeks ago) -> 233 (2 days ago).

I'm about 50% through UWorld the second time, getting mostly upper 60s. Surprisingly the same scores I got the first time. I have read some of FA and MTB but not much. My shelf scores were mostly average, some low.

I am looking for the highest score I can get to make up for a barely passing Step 1. I technically can take up to 24 more days to take this test. In your experience, would it be wise to postpone, or should I just take it in 7 days as planned?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you (or anyone) would benefit by postponing the exam, if you can do that. An extra 24 days would be really helpful. Try doing UW high-yield points over and over again in that time. Also re-review NBMEs. I took the exam a week back and I wish I had the luxury of being able to postpone my exam. Good luck!

I think you (or anyone) would benefit by postponing the exam, if you can do that. An extra 24 days would be really helpful. Try doing UW high-yield points over and over again in that time. Also re-review NBMEs. I took the exam a week back and I wish I had the luxury of being able to postpone my exam. Good luck!

Thanks. Having taken the exam, what do you think would be the best use of my time?

I am considering doing these things:
1. Finishing Uworld
2. Doing MTB2/3 in my weak areas (Peds and OB/GYN)
3. Reviewing certain topics in UpToDate as per Phloston's advice
4. Taking the last NBME and UWSA

Well if you give yourself an additional 24 days, then you can perhaps do all of them. I would definitely totally ignore UTD this close to the exam. Use it only to check stuff, like NBME answers but you don't really have to study from it. But as Phloston said, don't do UW too close to the exam: this advise is a gem! So I would try finishing UW in 2 weeks and then do UWSA and NBMEs. Do MTBs only if you can find time to do that.