UWSA 2 is a 246.. Am I ready for Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hey all, I took UWSA2 last week Saturday and got a 246.... I'm going to take Step 2 this coming Monday.
Am I all set to take step 2 ck? I still have couple days to review some things and I already reviewed stuff before as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Go for it! All the best.
Thanks! I took UWSA2 last Saturday and taking Step 2 CK this coming Monday. Is it weird that I don't feel prepared and that I could use 2-3 more weeks to study?
I'm hesitant about delaying because I did do well on UWSA2 and most people recommend to take Step 2 CK within 1 week of taking UWSA2.

Thanks! I took UWSA2 last Saturday and taking Step 2 CK this coming Monday. Is it weird that I don't feel prepared and that I could use 2-3 more weeks to study?
I'm hesitant about delaying because I did do well on UWSA2 and most people recommend to take Step 2 CK within 1 week of taking UWSA2.
I don't think anyone will ever feel like they are fully prepared. Go over your weak areas or anything you struggle to remember and trust your practice scores. also take the new free 120

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think anyone will ever feel like they are fully prepared. Go over your weak areas or anything you struggle to remember and trust your practice scores. also take the new free 120
Thanks! I will do the new free 120... but is it more for review or another assessment tool?

Taking my test tomorrow. Do the new free 120. It's different than UWSA 2 and I've been told by multiple people that it's the closest thing to the actual test. I'll report back tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
Taking my test tomorrow. Do the new free 120. It's different than UWSA 2 and I've been told by multiple people that it's the closest thing to the actual test. I'll report back tomorrow.
Thanks let me know!
For step 1 I only took UWSA2 didn't take UWSA1 or the Free 120 and got the same score which I was happy with. I don't want to take more if I have to.. but let me know!

Yes, you are golden. UWSA2 tends to be very predictive in my experience. Spend the last few days reviewing biostats and any topics you may be weak at. It wouldn't hurt to do a quick run through through First Aid for Step 1 (still the best resource out there even for Step 2 in my opinion) either. You'd be surprised how much of Step 1 shows up on Step 2. Even the memorization heavy questions like which chromosomes go with which genetic diseases (I.e Prader Willi = chromosome 15).
Best of luck!
- Annette G, MD, MPH - USMLE Tutor and Residency Advisor at Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user