Real Estate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

percyeye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to weigh the options here for putting ~$50K a year into real estate. The two options I see is just putting the money into a syndication every year and having no hassle and hoping for a ~11% cash on cash return and then the payout at the end of 4-6 years. Or should I shoot for higher returns by buying and holding the real estate myself locally and getting a higher return. The problem in my area is that I'm rural and appreciation happens but is very slow and less and less properties actually come up for sale.

So just seeing if anyone else is using syndication to get their real estate exposure?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What about putting that money into VTSAX? Real estate syndications require considerable vetting up front to make sure it's a solid deal.

Reactions: 1 users
What about putting that money into VTSAX? Real estate syndications require considerable vetting up front to make sure it's a solid deal.
The largest portion of my portfolio is in VTI/VTSAX. I was looking to diversify a little bit.

Reactions: 1 users