1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

real MCAT CBT lag?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Bumbl3b33, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    when I take my AAMC CBTs on my computer, there is a lag when i try to sift through screens...is this the same case for the real MCAT test/computers?

2. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Depending on the test center, you might experience lag between passages (when you press the "Next" button). On my MCAT, there was a significant lag (5 seconds) between pages and it was incredibly annoying and worrisome at first but I just got used to it. I think I also lost a few seconds every time it did this (but it was only 2-3 minutes total or something, probably). So be mentally prepared for such a thing, if it were to happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...