Real MCAT Verbal closest to EK, TBR, TPR, Kaplan, or GS passages???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugarbabee0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

If anyone recently took the MCAT, please let me know which prep company the real MCAT Verbal passages/questions were like. Closer to TPR, TBR, EK, Kaplan, or GS?

Thank you all for the info :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

If anyone recently took the MCAT, please let me know which prep company the real MCAT Verbal passages/questions were like. Closer to TPR, TBR, EK, Kaplan, or GS?

Thank you all for the info :)

AAMC Questions, TBR Passages and EK like scores (no joke).

Members don't see this ad :)
inb4 SN2ed's copied info.

I'll type it out this time ;)

Out of the sources listed,

1. EK
2. TPRH
3. Kaplan
3. BR
5. GS

EK remains the next best source for verbal prep with the AAMC FLs being top. That said, even EK, as mentioned, isn't a perfect representation of the current MCAT's verbal. Nothing will be perfect.

TPRH is another good source, but not as close to the MCAT as EK. Still, both EK and TPRH are excellent sources.

Kaplan and BR are both weak in verbal. Kaplan focuses too much on the details and not enough of utilizing the main idea to answer questions. On the other hand, BR is all over the place. Some passages are decent, while others are horrible.

Dead last is GS. Don't bother with their verbal unless you're taking their FLs. Honestly, if you're using GS, chances are you're using their FLs. In which case, TAKE THE VERBAL. An important aspect of the MCAT is stamina. Skipping GS's verbal will leave you less prepared to deal with the time factor involved with the MCAT. You do not want to run out of gas on the real thing. As a side note, that's also why you should write those essays for the WS.

EK are really easy to read. Don't expect that on the real MCAT.

I agree with this. Their topics are generally interesting or even amusing and at least keep you awake. Most others I've used (AAMC, TPR, Kaplan) are very dry and I'd expect that for the actual test.