real time chat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kundun

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's obvious by the number of posts that have accumulated in this discussion group that there are plenty of people out there interested in osteopathic medicine. Is there any way that a real time chat could be arranged. Anybody else interested? Gregory, can you make this happen?

Members don't see this ad.

That's a very good idea, Kundun. I just created a chat room, irc.wiregrass.com is the server, room is #Osteopathy. Hope everyone join. ;-)

That's a good idea.

How do we access the chat room?

Also, do we want to set up a time to chat?

My vote is for 9:30 P.M. central time.

Premed1
Soon to be MS1 at COMP
wink.gif

ADDED:
Try http://irc.wiregrass.com:8080/

then type in room name (#Osteopathy)

[This message has been edited by premed1 (edited 02-15-99).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys,

Count me in too, I'd like an on-line chat too. Can you guys set it up so that it can be reasonable for West Coasters like myself (I'm from California). I like premed's idea, I usually don't get off work until 6:30PM Pacific Standard Time. This will be fun, I'll get to know you guys better!

EDGAR

How about just using AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)? We can add as many people to our chat conversations as we wish.

My AIM name is "GulickDO" if anyone wants to look me up.

sig1.gif

Hi,

I just got AIM. My name is Premed1a. Hope to chat with you at 9:30 central time (7:30 pacific).

Premed1a

That's cool. I have both AIM and ICQ. AIM or ICQ is the way to go if the list is small. Switch to chat room when the list grows big. 9:30pm CT sounds good to me. Even later is fine. I'm a night person. ;-)

Hey guys-
I'm very interested in chatting real time but i couldn't get into that irc site. I keep getting an error message. I have aol if that means anything. Also, i'm a fellow californian so it'll be great if you guys can schedule a time in which us west coasters can participate. Thanks.

From Microsoft Chat:
- Enter irc.wiregrass.com as the server
- #Osteopathy as the room

From Netscape:
- http://irc.wiregrass.com:8080/
- In the Enter New Room section, type Osteopathy (no # needed) and
- Click on Change Room or press Enter

You should also be able to access the room from other IRC softwares, e.g. mIRC, ...

Don't have AOL so I'm not sure how you access IRC from there.

We probably should have a new post in which everyone post their AIM ID or ICQ ID, whichever is more convenient for the majority. Look like we'll go with AIM unless there's objection.