Reality TV show idea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
why doesn't someone make a premed reality TV show? just think of the possibilities...16 contestants, competing for the coveted admission to harvard med--watch the kind of stunts and gunning they are willing to pull to avoid the line: "youre rejected!" there could be a dedicated audience of every premed in the country.

actually it could be done for high schoolers going to college too, but theyre mighty young. or med students, but thats more serious

Members don't see this ad.

That's got to be the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Please, please, PLEASE don't add to this thread. Just let it die.

OH!! with fancy hair cuts and stylists and a talent section??? :p

Kinda like "STAR SEARCH" :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure someone suggested this a while ago.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This has so much potential for a med school comedy show. (Show written and produced by medical students for the entertainment of the medical school community, traditionally held at Christmas time, or sometime later in the year).

Shredder said:
why doesn't someone make a premed reality TV show? just think of the possibilities...16 contestants, competing for the coveted admission to harvard med--watch the kind of stunts and gunning they are willing to pull to avoid the line: "youre rejected!" there could be a dedicated audience of every premed in the country.

actually it could be done for high schoolers going to college too, but theyre mighty young. or med students, but thats more serious

I thought you were just gonna screw medicine, and go to b school. Well......? Maybe then you could suggest a reality business show.(Oh wait, they already have one.) :thumbdown:

Shredder said:

I already HAD this idea...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=173321&highlight=reality

IT'S MINE!

Kazema said:
Wow, and it's even like word for word the same idea and everything.
:scared: Scary!!

Shredder said:

I think it is a great idea, although admission to a business school seems more realistic than a medical school. it takes almost a year to apply to a medical school, just too long.

I'd skip finals to watch it....or just record it.

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe they could have two teams, like the contender, and every week two students to take a side-by-side MCAT section to stave off elimination.

The team that wins the crazy challenge gets to chose who takes the test (from their team and the other one) and whether it's a PS/BS/VR section.

DarkFark said:
maybe they could have two teams, like the contender, and every week two students to take a side-by-side MCAT section to stave off elimination.

The team that wins the crazy challenge gets to chose who takes the test (from their team and the other one) and whether it's a PS/BS/VR section.

HAHAHAH absolutely genius...brilliant!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Without Wax said:
I think it is a great idea, although admission to a business school seems more realistic than a medical school. it takes almost a year to apply to a medical school, just too long.
they had that documentary spellbound that lasted a pretty long time, but reality shows are more thrilling. spiderman our ideas are eerily similar...but i have IP protection on my own thread! haha jk lets get together and start this thing up sometime i tell you. it could actually be really uplifting. we need to get in touch with mark burnett, uberproducer of survivor, the apprentice, and the contender

orthodoc...through business i can do more for medicine than you ever will, such as making a show like this that would not only entertain but enlighten premeds and regular folks everywhere. just an example of what can be done when stepping outside of the clinical medicine box--ive resolved not to get discouraged with medicine by simple minded folks. consider michael crichton and andrew weil.

Well, I guess that at least you've been honest that the reason you want an MD on top of an MBA is so that people will look at you in admiration.

Between starting your own medical school, your own TV show, and changing the face of medical school admissions, I suppose you really will be doing far more for medicine than any of us peons ever will.

Kazema said:
Well, I guess that at least you've been honest that the reason you want an MD on top of an MBA is so that people will look at you in admiration.

Between starting your own medical school, your own TV show, and changing the face of medical school admissions, I suppose you really will be doing far more for medicine than any of us peons ever will.
i like your mdapplicant stats, im a big fan of huge mcat scores regardless of everything else. what happened with your grades and apps?

admiration? nah, i think medicines interesting. im really into the idea of personalized medicine if any of you have heard of it, thats why i work in a lab with microarrays. a more recent and pragmatic reason for my medical desire is job security--who wants to worry about putting food on the table whenever there are economic downturns, or running around with a resume and groveling for entry level positions. peons no, i just think everyone should try to do the most with their lives. some ppl do have to be leaders and other followers though. i have a lot of ideas, theyre what motivate me and keep me going, whether i take them up or not. plus theyre fun.

Boutique medicine sounds like an interesting concept but I seriously doubt I'll ever end up doing that. Who knows though?

Nothing wrong with coming up with lots of ideas, I was just being an ass.

Shredder said:
what happened with your grades and apps?
Actually read my profile if you really want to know.

Kazema said:
Boutique medicine sounds like an interesting concept but I seriously doubt I'll ever end up doing that. Who knows though?
boutique hmm it makes me thing of nails and hair. yeah, with the completion of the human genome sequence and the promises of miraculous cures, hopefully boutique med will come about one day and id like to be involved
Actually read my profile if you really want to know.
excellent point, i was just being lazy

LOL...I think it's a great idea for a show. And who gives a **** if someone else thought of it first. The only person that matters is the one who carries things through. Think any story can't somehow be traced to Shakespeare, before that to the Greek epics, and before that to the Bible, and ancient Indian tales?? Seriously, you guys need to *step* out of the damn box. Shredder is right.

Hey man, I have taken business classes and film workshops, so if ya wanna do something for real PM me. More power to you and enjoy sipping champagne in a penthouse while everyone else disimpacts some fat dude. :laugh:

DrRaman82 said:
That's got to be the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Please, please, PLEASE don't add to this thread. Just let it die.

That's kind of harsh. I like the idea; Shredder, I think it'd be wildly successful. Though I have to confess that I wouldn't watch it. :p

doesnt matter if its harsh, im a guy and that guys a newbie, their comments dont count for anything. oh you think you wouldnt watch...but it would creep up on you, like a thief in the night. just like everyone bashed titanic, vanilla ice, and mc hammer after the fact but everyone liked them. speaking of which i dont like that mc hammer credit card commercial, how self deprecating!

Shredder said:
doesnt matter if its harsh, im a guy and that guys a newbie, their comments dont count for anything. oh you think you wouldnt watch...but it would creep up on you, like a thief in the night. just like everyone bashed titanic, vanilla ice, and mc hammer after the fact but everyone liked them. speaking of which i dont like that mc hammer credit card commercial, how self deprecating!

lmao, no, I definitely wouldn't watch, even if I really wanted to, because I don't own a TV. :laugh: But maybe you could add a webcast for people like me....I'm already an internet junkie so what could it hurt??? :scared:

its a pretty good idea, i would definately be intrigued and watch it, if not just for the deviousness the contestants would no doubt experience.

Let's do it!

Let's put our heads together and MAKE A SHOW!