1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Really Loooooooooooooong sentences on VR passages

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Chargers, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Chargers

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Is there an effective way to eliminate/pick out the unimportant points in those really long sentences on the passage? I often get lost or lose my concentration on those sentences. Sometime they even have many different twists present in one sentences, and that annoys the hell out of me. Help:scared:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chargers

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
  4. mongrel

mongrel Assoc. Prof. Dogsuit
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Verbal sucks. Dems da breaks...

Just practice, practice, practice.

5. Chargers

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    :laugh: I know, especially when English is your second language. So any tips for those long sentences? just read them word by word?

6. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    **** verbal.

Those long sentences are bull****. Even if english is your first language those looooooong sentences suck balls.

7. Richter915

7+ Year Member

a lot of times i noticed that long sentences are filled with unnecessary details...look for commas, what's within them is generally extraneous info. For example: A team of biologists, consisting of harvard grad mr. x, yale grad mr. y, princetongrad mr.z, discovered new fossils. I would read that sentence as: A team of biologists discovered new fossils.