Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
I am a dentist-wannabe from Canada.
Unfortunately, I have been rejected from the 2 canadian dent schools that I applied to this year (for one I was waitlisted for an interview, but I doubt I will get it).
At this point, I am quite disappointed and scared at the same time.
I am planning to apply to US schools this summer and hopefully I can get into a private school. Here are my stats:
cGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.75
RC:20
TS:23
AA:22
PAT: 22
Carving: 7 (lol)
Of course, the DAT was Canadian and I don't plan on taking the American DAT.
Problems that I have to consider
1) I do not have any English credits. I plan to take these courses after I get my interviews from US schools (as far as I know, you will be fine if you complete the pre reqs before the matriculation. All the other pre reqs have been fulfilled)
2) Since I only have canadian DAT, maybe it will be looked at unfairly?
3) The fact that I am a canadian will be a discriminating factor from the rest of american applicants?
My background is Korean, but I have Canadian citizenship. I will be graduating from University of Toronto this year with honors in science.
A couple of days ago, I was offered a place in Masters program by my undergraduate supervisor. Although I really like the research, I would gladly give it up for dental school, if I can get in.
Taking all things into account, what are the chances of me getting into US dent school? I would love to get into some state universities such as university of buffalo.
Any comment would be appreciated, positive or negative. Do not be afraid to criticize.
I am a dentist-wannabe from Canada.
Unfortunately, I have been rejected from the 2 canadian dent schools that I applied to this year (for one I was waitlisted for an interview, but I doubt I will get it).
At this point, I am quite disappointed and scared at the same time.
I am planning to apply to US schools this summer and hopefully I can get into a private school. Here are my stats:
cGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.75
RC:20
TS:23
AA:22
PAT: 22
Carving: 7 (lol)
Of course, the DAT was Canadian and I don't plan on taking the American DAT.
Problems that I have to consider
1) I do not have any English credits. I plan to take these courses after I get my interviews from US schools (as far as I know, you will be fine if you complete the pre reqs before the matriculation. All the other pre reqs have been fulfilled)
2) Since I only have canadian DAT, maybe it will be looked at unfairly?
3) The fact that I am a canadian will be a discriminating factor from the rest of american applicants?
My background is Korean, but I have Canadian citizenship. I will be graduating from University of Toronto this year with honors in science.
A couple of days ago, I was offered a place in Masters program by my undergraduate supervisor. Although I really like the research, I would gladly give it up for dental school, if I can get in.
Taking all things into account, what are the chances of me getting into US dent school? I would love to get into some state universities such as university of buffalo.
Any comment would be appreciated, positive or negative. Do not be afraid to criticize.